Military History/WW 11 (eleven ?) service awards

My father served in the US Army 19 May 1943 thru 25 Oct 1945. I am trying to find out what ribbons, medals, stars or awards he received or entitled to. He is now 91 and I would like to find them and give them to him in a nice shadow box. The area he served in was Normandy,North France, Rhineland, Ardennes, Central Europe.

"I am trying to find out what ribbons, medals, stars or awards he received or entitled to."  I suggest that you refer to Box #31, #32, #33, #34 & #55 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55).  Please note Box #56, your father's signature indicating that he read the document & that the document is accurate.  Therefore, your father's signature authenticates the accuracy of the document you have in hand.  You have a copy of the Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) in hand with the FACTS, I do not.  
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.