Military History/495 m.p. Escort guard

Question
Pic
Pic  

Pic 2
Pic 2  
Good evening,
I found a piece of leather about the size of a table place mat. It has 495 M.P. Escort Guard carved into it and a few Japanese cities also carved into it. I was hoping you might be able to tell me a little bit about the 495th escort guard. There is a name of a person on it also. I'll be happy to send a picture of it if you would like one. Any info. you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear Mike,
        The following information is given below:

*Unit Operational Records, 1917-1975
Archives II Textual Reference Branch
National Archives And Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, Maryland   20740

archives2reference@nara.gov

http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/

*The 495th Military Police Escort Guard Company served on the Italian Front, where it participated in the campaigns of Naples-Foggia, North Apennines, and Rome-Arno, and later transferred to Southern France where it took part in that campaign. The company entered Germany for occupation duty on 4 May 1945 and was inactivated there on 4 July 1945.

May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard