Military History/G Co 334 Inf Reg.

Question
Sir,

My grandfather served in G Co 334 Inf Reg. I have his discharge record and the information from that. You stated in a earlier answer that you have a book that contains information about this unit. What is this book? Are there copies available? Thank you sir.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My grandfather served in G Co 334 Inf Reg."    Yes, Company G, 2nd Battalion, 334th Infantry Regiment, an organic element of the 84th Infantry Division during WW 2.
       In your question you typed "I have his discharge records and the information from that."  If you are referring to Box #6 on page two of your grandfather's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) the unit typed in Box #6 was the unit your grandfather was assigned [assigned] to when he was discharged from the US Army.  Sometimes it is the unit the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945, sometimes it is NOT!
       In your question you typed "You stated in an earlier answer that you have a book that contains information about this unit."  If that is what I typed, that is what I typed.
       In your question you typed "What is this book?"  

A History of the 334th Infantry, 84th Division
by Perry S. Wolff
Mannheim, Germany        Mannheimer Grossdruckerei        1945

In your question you typed "Are there copies available?"  Of course.  First, check your local Public Library.  The library should be able to secure the use of a copy for three weeks through Inter-Library Loan.  If you wish to purchase a copy, then I suggest you contact a Used & Rare Book Dealer.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell