Military History/PJ Malherbe Cie A Linge

The screws and plate on this gun has 390 stamped on them along with one side having PJ Malherbe Cie A Linge. I am asking if there is a way to find more information on it.

You may have something very special.  You may have a Civil War musket.  I would need a picture to be sure.  Almost 30,000 guns were made by PJ Malherbe & Cie for the Union Army.  The M-1851 and M-1857 made by PJ Malherbe & Cie was mainly used by the 44th & 55th Illinois, 9th Iowa, 22nd & 30th Wisconsin and the 56th Ohio infantry.

390 may be part of the serial number.
Please check out the below websites and Thank You.  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.