Military History/SS John Ericsson

Question
Hello Mr Horrell, I read your comments about the Ericsson and thought I'd tell you I sailed on her in 1946 at the ripe age of two months on a voyage fro NY to Liverpool (which was the first leg of a trip that ended in Hoek of Holland).
More in your area of interest, my father served mostly in the Pacific with ships of the Java China Japan Line, including being on the Tjisadane when she was hit by a kamikaze in May 1945 off Ie Shima.  Have a good evening.  Liz

Answer
Dear Ms.,
        Thank you for your question/comment.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question/comment you typed "I sailed on her in 1946 at the ripe age of two months on a voyage fro NY to Liverpool".  Would you be so kind as to provide me the date of departure from the Port of New York & the arrival at the Port of Liverpool, England?  If you wish to do so privately, I will provide my mailing address at the end of this reply.
       In your question/comment you typed "my father served mostly in the Pacific with ships of the Java China Japan Line, including being on the Tjisadane".  I am quite familiar with the SS Tjisadane (Dutch) & her role in transporting Allied Personnel during WW 2.  Would you be so kind as to provide me with any dates of departures, dates of arrivals, ports of departures & ports of arrivals for your father and/or any of the passenger liners he was assigned to, 1938-48?  Again, if you wish to do so privately, I will provide my mailing address at the end of this reply.
       Thank you so, so much for your question/comment.  The history of the Dutch Merchant Navy-in-Exile during WW 2 is largely unknown in the 21st Century, which is sad.  Maybe your question/comment & my reply will motivate a few people to read the history books about that subject.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell