Military History/Swedish soldier records post-1901

Where may I find details of my grandfather's military service in the Swedish military?  I have searched the database at the site, but it appears those records are for soldiers who served before 1901.  If there is a database with later records, I have not found it.
My grandfather was Erik Edvin Grelsson, born June 15, 1892, in Österede, Jämtland, and was baptized at the Fors Parish/Church in Bispgärden.  If he was conscripted at age 18, he served in 1910.

I will find out and come back to you. Unfortunately this type of questions are not my specialty. A lt.-colonel S. Bojerud helped me with them here until recently. Unfortunately he has just passed away. So it may take me some time to find everything out for you.

I have passed your question on to the Royal Swedish Military Archives. We will have to wait for their reply.

You can direct your question directly to the Swedish Military Archive ( I am rather sure that they can give you all the information you may wish. However I have to tell you that they charge fees for their work. Fees by the hour or more precisely by every 15 minutes of work. Roughly 15 U.S. $ per every 15 minutes period but to a maximum amount of roughly 60 U.S. $. So I must let you decide. Sorry can not find out anything more on my own. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a retired Swedish military physician-surgeon with a big interest in military history - mainly European and especially of the Nordic-Scandinavian area. This also includes the history of military medicine.

A very long and intense personal interest.

Doctor of Medicine. You can also find me here on under these categories: I also answer questions in other categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer