Military History/Camp Swift 1943

I am looking for info on an outbreak of meningitis at Camp Swift Texas in late March and/or early April 1943.  My mom's fiance was sent there after enlistment and died there of meningitis.  My mom told me at least 100 soldiers died but I have been unable to find any record of this.Thank you for any help you can give me.

These was indeed a meningitis outbreak in April 1943.  I found the record of several soldiers.  Meningitis was a problem at many camps that had sewage issues.  I have not found much information but there is a place with detailed records of Camp Swift during World War 2 The Bastrop Public Library has paper records from World War 2 concerning the Camp.  I have included a link to them and I would contact them for detailed records.

Also check out the links and Thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.