Military History/WW 2 Grave registration unit arm patch

Dear Mr. Horrell,
I've been researching my father army past and I believe that I have now narrow his army past down to him either being with either, the 46th Quartermaster Grave Registration Co or the 47th Quartermaster Grave Registration Co. I've recently found a photo of him wearing his class A uniform that shows him wearing a North Africa Campaign shoulder patch, which by my research the name was changed in 1943 to the Mediterranean Theater Campaign on his upper sleeve. Can you tell me if both the 46th and 47th Quartermaster Grave Registration Co wore the same shoulder patch or by chance did they each have different shoulder patches?
Thank You for your time.

Happy Labour Day Weekend,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question you typed "I've been researching my father.......Quartermaster Grave Registration Co."  May I ask, what was the process that helped you to determine what unit your father was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945?  Were you able to utilize the four page Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) that your father was provided 6-10 copies of when he was discharged from the US Army?  What other Primary Source Documents did you utilize?
       In your question you typed "I've recently found a photo the Mediterranen Theater Campaign".  I believe you are referring to the shoulder patch worn by those members of the US Army Forces in the North African Theater of Operations (N.A.T.O.U.S.A.).  The shoulder patch is that of a Moorish arch, a blue, five pointed star in a white field with a red border.  Please confirm that we are typing about the same shoulder patch.
       In your question you typed "Can you tell me if.......wore the same shoulder patch".  At particular times, yes.  But the 46th & the 47th also wore other shoulder patches at different times.
       There is another way to determine the unit your father was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945.  IF you have a copy of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) please provide me with ALL THE WORDS typed in Box #32 as well as ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two.  The Campaigns the 46th participated in are different than the Campaigns the 47th participated in.  Match the Campaigns of the 46th or the 47th to the Campaigns typed in Box #32, & we will have the FACTS you desire.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.