Military History/Prussian Soldiers

Hello: I can remember my grandmother, who came to this country from Germany telling me of Prussian soldiers riding through the churches on horseback.   Can you give me more history?   I was very young, she spoke "broken English" as they say...........I adored her and her stories..............She left her country when she was 18..............

Thanking you,  C. Stover

Hos old are you? How old were you when she told you this? How old was she when she told you? From what part of Germany did she come? Prussian soldiers were German soldiers. Prussia was a part of Germany even though that part is now mostly in Poland and some parts of it now even in Russis and Lithuania. Germany was a federation from around 1870. The largest state in that federation was Prussia. The German emperor was emperor of Germany (Kaiser) and king of Prussia. Before 1870 there were wars between German states. If you can give me the information I have asked for I will try to sort this out!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a retired Swedish military physician-surgeon with a big interest in military history - mainly European and especially of the Nordic-Scandinavian area. This also includes the history of military medicine.

A very long and intense personal interest.

Doctor of Medicine. You can also find me here on under these categories: I also answer questions in other categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer