Military History/Transport, CA to New Guinea, '43-'44

Thank you for reading my question.  I'm hoping to learn on which ship my mother and the other members of her hospital cadre sailed to reach New Guinea in late December 1943 or early January 1944.  My mother was a member of the U. S. Army Nurse Corps, attached, I believe, to the 47th General Hospital.  This hospital was drawn from the staff of the College of Medical Evangelists, now the Loma Linda University medical school.  Before leaving for New Guinea, the hospital trained in Modesto, California, and sailed, I believe, from Stockton, California.  Can you tell me the name of the ship on which the hospital sailed and where they stopped along the way?
My mother passed away just over a month ago, at the age of 99.  She was always reluctant to answer questions about her time in the Pacific Theater, so anything I could learn about her transport or time there would be enormously meaningful to me.  Thank you again.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your questions.  In it you typed "sailed to reach New Guinea in late December 1943 or early January 1944."  Would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #32 on page two of your mother's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-98)?  With those FACTS I will be able to conduct ACCURATE historic research about your mother's service overseas during WW 2.
       In your question you typed "attached, I believe, to the 47th General Hospital."  What makes you believe that your mother was "attached" & not assigned [assigned]?  Also, what is your source that your mother was "attached" to the "47th General Hospital"?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.