Military History/Unknown Projectile

Question
Unknown Projectile
Unknown Projectile  
Sir, I recently acquired this rocket/mortar model. I do not know if it is a military practice piece or a toy. It is approx 7 3/4" long with a diameter of 4 3/4". The circumference is slightly smaller than a 40mm grenade. It is made of a rubber plastic like material with the bottom (green) section being hollow and the top (black) section being solid and weighted. Weight appears to be 5 or 6 ounces. As you see three of the four tail fins are broken and missing. I haven't located anything like it on the internet yet so any information will be appreciated.
Thanks....Bill

Answer
Bill:

I did a search for plastic mortar rounds and surprisingly found some, but they are of the old WWII 60mm variety made for reenactor use.

Are there any identifying makers marks on the item?

It is definitely a mortar round, but is kind of on the small side.  The shape of it is similar to 81mm smoke rounds, but again its too small.

Do you know where it came from or where it might have been acquired?

Military History

Keith H. Patton