Military History/ww2 37 mm ammunition

I am trying to determine if the 37mm canister shell for the American m3 37mm cannon could be fired from the French (us)
1916 37mm cannon de infrantie used by the American forces.
Can you assist? keith

Not 100% sure.  If the shell would fit into the breach and you could close it most likely yes.  Not something to try on a dare.  World War 2 artillery had more powerful explosives in some cases and you done want your gun exploding.
I have found the M1915 manual that might help and check out the other link.

Sorry for the unsure answer.

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.