Military History/327th Glider Infantry ( USA Army ) ww2

I would like to ask a question concerning information on discharge papers. They state the person was in 327th Glider Infantry, H,Q Company, however at the time of being demobbed the person was in the 707th M.P .  I do know that soldiers moved around however was 707th M,P within the 327th or was it a separate company/unit? Also under occupation, box 12 it states, 4 months Infantry Basis Training, 2 months Rifleman, 14 months Antitank Gunner, 3 months Ammunition Bearer. 1 month messenger, 2 months Radio Operator and 14 months Military Policeman. As he was only enlisted for 4 years and 3 months was this highly unusual to moved about so much. I hace been researching for several years ton no avail. with many thanks

Dear Amelia,
         The 327th Glider Infantry Regiment was part of the 101st Airborne Division. The division only had a Military Police Platoon that consisted of 2 officers and 36 enlisted. The regiment had no military police unit as part of their unit composition. If any military police were needed, they would be sent from the platoon assigned to the division. The 707th Military Police Battalion was a separate unit and was headquartered out of Brussels, Belgium. The unit book on the MP units in Europe is entitled American Military Police In Europe, 1945-1991 Unit Histories by Robert L. Gunnarsson, Sr. No, it wasn't unusual for your family member to be moved around due to units demobilizing and him having to complete his enlistment. I hope this helps and May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.