Military History/707 military police

Thank you for you previous quick response to my question. I recently read one of your questions and answers stating if there is a bronze arrow near the word Normandy then the soldier was n D Day.I have a black and white photo copy  with a dark arrow the box marked  NU 26 ' selective service' with 'yes' and an x. Would this indicate that the soldier was at the D Day. . with thanks

Dear Amelia,
         You are referring to the old discharge form WD Form 53 and Box 26 refers to Selective Service Data and did he register Yes or No. No, it would appear with the statement that he had participated in Normandy and be awarded a bronze arrowhead. These were awarded if the soldier had participated in an amphibious, airborne, or glider assault. I hope this helps and May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.