Military History/America Combat Badge Ww2

Question
Hello, thank you for your previous reply. I sent two questions to an expert on the site however received the same worded reply and then 'Maxed out'. I am inquiring if you would know about the US awarded Combat Inf Badge awarded in ww2. I believe it was awarded to those who saw combat yet i believe the man who got it was in D Day plus 1. Would this award indicate he was indeed in a battle. thank you for your time,

Answer
Ok, what you are referring to is the CIB, Combat Infantryman Badge which was awarded to any infantryman after 1941 who was personally involved in combat. It was approved in 1943 and the badge designed in 1944. If he were D plus one, I can assure you, as an infantry soldier, he indeed saw combat. D+1 the hedgerows and surrounding towns were STILL actively engaging German forces and the landing area did not become "secure" until the Normandy "Breakout" 7 weeks after the initial landings. If you have any followup questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan