Military History/Quartermaster Corps

Question
Mr. Horrell, my wife's grandfather was in, as listed on his 53-55 discharge form, the 3782nd Quartermaster Truck Company during WWII. Section 32 lists Normandy only (no dates). I do know he was a POW shortly after.

I haven't been able to find any info in relation to Regiment, Division etc. Any information you are able to provide in these areas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Gerry Scaringi

Answer
Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out-of-style.
       In your question you typed "the 3782nd Quartermaster Truck Company".  The 3782nd QM Truck Company received no Campaign Credits for WW 2, but was awarded a Meritorious Unit Commendation, General Order #22; HQ, Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia; awarded January 16, 1946.  In my OPINION, based upon what you have typed in your AllExperts question, your "wife's grandfather" was assigned [assigned] to the 3782nd QM Truck Company after he was released from being a POW (new status, R.A.M.P. = Returned Allied Military Personnel).  His assignment to the 3782nd would have been for the time he received medical care to recover from his ordeal as a POW.
       In your question you typed "Section 32 lists Normandy".  Box #32 lists the Normandy Campaign (June 6-July 24, 1944) as the Campaign your "wife's grandfather" participated in.  So, we do know he served in the ETO, but only in Great Britain & France.
       In your question you typed "I do know that he was a POW shortly after."  So, you are indicating your "wife's grandfather" was a POW "shortly after" July 24, 1944?
       In your question you typed "I haven't been able to find any info in relation to Regiment, Division, etc."  That is understandable, & it would be my pleasure to assist you further.  Would you be so kind as to photocopy all four pages of your "wife's grandfather" Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS?  Please include your e-mail address for ease of my response.  It will be my pleasure to share with you all the FACTS I glean from the documents.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell