Military History/Stanley Kozakiewicz PFC Serial #32314609

Question
Hello,

I have been researching my Uncle Stanley Kozakiewicz's service in WW2.  He served in the Rangers listed roster in the 1st and the 4th.  Since he was in the 1st and probably transferred to 4th I am guessing he was was already in as of April 1943 when they expanded to the 1st, 3rd and 4th.   I see the 1st received 100 enlisted replacements in January 1943 and think he may have been in that group.   Are there published lists of these replacements depots or other sources?

Thanks for the service you are doing.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "He served in the Rangers listed roster in the 1st and the 4th."  The rosters I own indicate that PFC Stanley Kuzakiewziez was assigned [assigned] to the 1st Ranger Battalion at some point in time.  The rosters I own also indicate that PFC Stanley Kozakiewicz was assigned [assigned] to the 4th Ranger Battalion at some time.  Would you be so kind as to indicate the Primary Source Document(s) that you possess indicating what you have typed in this question to AllExperts?
       In your question you typed "he was in the 1st and probably transferred to 4th I am guessing he was was [sic] already in as of April 1943 when they expanded to the 1st, 3rd and 4th."  What Primary Source Document(s) do you possess that your uncle "was in the 1st"?  What Primary Source Document(s) do you possess that your uncle "probably transferred"?  What Primary Source Document(s) do you possess that your uncle "was already in as of April 1943"?  At Nemours, French Morocco, on May 21, 1943, cadre from the original 1st Ranger Battalion was utilized to activate the new 1st, 3rd & 4th Ranger Battalions.
       In your question you typed "I see the 1st Received 100 enlisted replacements in January 1943 and I think he may have been in that group."  The "replacements" arrived at Arzew, Algeria, January 28, 1943.  I possess a copy of the roster, your uncle's name does not appear upon the roster.
       In your question you typed "Are there published lists of these replacements depots".  Yes.  From these "published lists" I am providing you with these FACTS today.
       Would you be so kind at to provide me with all the Campaigns listed in Box #32 on page two of your uncle's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?  Would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your uncle's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?  From whatever Primary Source Documents you possess, would you be so kind as to share with me the unit your uncle was assigned [assigned] to AFTER January 31, 1944?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell