Military History/WW2

Sir, I was wondering if you knew where to find the unit history for 455th Antiaircraft Artillery BN during WW2. My grandfather was in that unit and would like to know what they did during the war.

Dear Joseph,
         The 455th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion (Mobile) was formed on 1 September 1942 at Camp Stewart, Georgia. It was re-designated from the Separate Coastal Artillery Battalion- Automatic Weapons on 31 May 1943. It embarked for New York City on 5 September 1943 and arrived at Halifax on 15 September 1943. It then arrived in England on 3 November 1943 and arrived in the European Theater of Operations (ETO) France on 1 July 1944. It participated in the following campaigns: Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe, Normandy, Northern France, and Rhineland. In August, 1945 location was at Ainsen, Germany and it arrived back in the U.S. in Boston on 16 October 1945. May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.