Military History/Danish Military Medal

Question
Danish Military Medal
Danish Military Medal  
Hello,
I'm not sure if this will be in your area of expertise but...  I'm attaching a photo of one of my unknown Danish ancestors. The photo was taken in Denmark. The man is wearing what looks like a military medal. Can you possibly identify it?  
Thank-you for whatever information you can provide.
Sincerely,
Christie

Answer
Unfortunately it is outside my area of expertise. So I can not tell you what it is. However I may be able to suggest what you can do. You do know that this is a Danish ancestor of yours. In Washington DC you have the Danish embassy. Like all embassies it most probably has a home page of its own. So if you do a Google search for it you are almost sure to find it. In the embassy there are both cultural and military attaches. Send them the picture and ask what it is. I can not promise you that they have time for this, but it is the best advice I can give you! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.