Military History/German ww2 wooden ammo box

Ammo box
Ammo box  

Ammo box
Ammo box  
Hi, I wonder if you can tell me what this box was made for. ie ammo for the 20x82 or for gun part's mabe. Any information would be grateful. Kind regards. Damian cahill. noth west England.

This is a shipping box for a MG 151 20mm cannon.  This was a common World War 2 German aircraft weapon. The MF 151 was used as the cannon for the ME-109.
I hope this helps and check out the links.

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.