Military History/prior service locations

Question
QUESTION: My uncle is a WWII veteran. I have his DD214, am trying to ascertain where he may have served while on active duty. His 214 states he was 926th signal battalion, with 5 months out of country duty. He was in the RA from 7-12-44/12-30-1946. How can I find out about the "missions" he flew, what countries he may have "visited"?

ANSWER: Dear Ms.,
       I acknowledge your question.  In it you typed "I have his DD214".  Would you be so kind as to indicate where on your uncle's "DD214" the term DD-214 is printed upon the document?
       In your question you typed "he was 926th signal battalion".  The 926th Signal Battalion participated in the following Campaigns:

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France        July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace        December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe         March 22-May 8, 1945

Are any of these Campaigns typed upon your uncle's "DD214"?  If so, where upon the document?
       The 926th Signal Battalion was awarded a Meritorious Unit Commendation for the period June 1-August 1, 1944.  General Order #19; HQ, 9th Tactical Air Command, awarded April 20, 1945.  Do these FACTS appear typed upon your uncle's "DD214"?  If so, where upon the document?
       In your question you typed "He was in the RA from 7-12-44/12-30-46."  Therefore, was he a member of the AUS or the NG for another period of time?
       In your question you typed "How can I find out about the "missions" he flew".  What Primary Source Documents do you possess indicating that your uncle was "Flight Crew" during his "5 months out of country"?
       You are welcome to photocopy your uncle's "DD214" then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please be sure to include your e-mail address for my ease of response.  I will share with you all the FACTS I glean from your uncle's "DD214".
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections
    2011 Richard Jones Road
     Apt.      E 26
      Nashville   TN   37215-2837

QUESTION: I will submit the 214, actually I think it just states discharge papers...I had the originals, but just gave them back today. I will get copies and send them to you. There is no notation of any locations listed, just that he was in the states most of his two year tour, and spent 5 months out of country. The only source of his "flight time" is his memory...he has MANY different stories, just trying to verify if any of them actually happened! LOL...he's quite a character the stories are quite detailed...thanks for your assistance and the information you have so far provided.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       I acknowledge your follow-up.  In it you typed "I will submit the 214, actually I think it just states discharge papers."  The Form DD-214 did not come into existence until 1950, so if your uncle served during WW 2, then you do not "have his DD214".  You have his Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55).  
       In your follow-up you typed "just that he was in the states most of his two year tour, and spent 5 months out of country."  What dates are typed in Box #36 on page two of your uncle's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?  Those dates would be the FACTS as per his time overseas.
       In your follow-up you typed "The only source of his "flight time" is his memory".  The following is from a volume of the Army Green Series:

United States Army in World War II
The Technical Services
 The Signal Corps: The Outcome
by George R. Thompson & Dixie R. Harris

Washington, DC        US Government Printing Office        1966
     L of C Catalog Card Number: 64-60001

"The 926th Signal Battalion linked air headquarters and fighter control stations with airfields as much as two hundred miles apart.  The battalion's construction companies provided the wire links from fighter control to advance radar units, pressing cooks, clerks, supply men, and motor mechanics into service as linemen because they had too few specialists to do the job alone."  As I read what I have just typed, I didn't read of any "Flight Crew" or "flight time".  Please, enlighten me.
       In your follow-up you typed "he has MANY different stories".  Family Lore can be entertaining, just as a visit to the cinema or reading a novel.  While I cannot type for everyone at AllExperts, I will type for me that I prefer to deal in FACTS, and only FACTS.  Having in hand a photocopy of a Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) allows to begin ACCURATE historic research, since the Veteran signed in Box #56, indicating accuracy of the document.  Since I do not have in hand a photocopy of your uncle's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) I cannot corroborate the "MANY different stories".  Hopefully when I receive a photocopy of your uncle's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) via First Class USPS I will be able to provide your family & you the FACTS.  My only regert is that those who read the replies at AllExperts will not be able to read the FACTS I provide you.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections
    2011 Richard Jones Road
     Apt.      E 26
      Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell