Military History/Prussia Military

Question
Hello, I have a 3 part question about Prussia military.

1)  What were the Prussian Military conscription/draft rules in the era 1860-1865, i.e. age and length of service.

2)  My ancestors lived in Herbern, which is in present day Coesfeld, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (15 miles south of Munster) between 1700 and 1864.  Where might I find their Prussian military records, and which units they may have been affiliated with?

3)  Is there a good website that would show the progression of Prussian military uniforms through the years?  Thank you!

Answer
Dear Terry,
         I apologize for not getting back to you sooner and here is the answer to your questions:

You can contact the Department Of Military Archive located in Freiburg, Germany at

militaerarchiv@bundesarchiv.de  

I hope this helps and May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard