Military History/War history

Question
How did the kgb get such a legendary reputation and how do they compare with the cia.

Answer
Dear Adam,
         I apologize for not answering your question sooner but I've been out of the country on active duty. In response to your question, the KGB got their legendary reputation from its original beginnings in the CHEKA. You must remember, that they are a successor to this organization that had its beginnings prior to the Russian civil War in 1919 while the CIA grew out of the OSS after World War II. Any comparisons would be like comparing night and day. If you need a list of recommended books on both subjects, please feel free to ask me. May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard