Military History/195th Ordnance Depot Company

Dear Mr Horrell
I have just noticed Lynn's request and your very helpful reply from last year. I am interested in this as my father was also in the same unit. Please can you inform me if you have ever seen photographic evidence of this unit. I traced a University in Austin Texas that held letters from a soldier named Tallman back to his wife. Somehow these letters got into that archive. There should have been a photo of the whole unit in the collection but unfortunately it is missing. Only the named people in the photo are listed - including my father George A Booth who I have never seen a photo of.
My best wishes from Andover, Hampshire, England - a few miles up the road from Tidworth where my father was stationed.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out-of-style.
       In your question you typed "can you inform me if you have ever seen photographic evidence of this unit."  No, I have never seen "photographic evidence" of the 195th Ordnance Depot Company.  However, I have seen Primary Source Documents that indicates the unit was activated by the US Army during WW 2.
       If you are trying to obtain a photograph of a US Army Ordnance Unit activated by the US Army during WW 2, may I suggest you contact:

US Army Ordnance Center & School
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
   USA          21005-5201

In your request, be sure to include a phrase that if the Ordnance Center & School does NOT have the photograph you desire, to whom do you make your next request to.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.