Military History/59th Ordnance Group Order of Battle

Question
I am researching the 3532d Medium Maintenance Co. in WWII.  I suspect they were attached to the 59th Ord. Group, Ninth Army for part the the war.  Can you help me with the Order of Battle of the 59th Ord. Group or anything on the 3532d MM Company?  

Any tips on how I can go about researching this?

Thank you,

Brian Watkins

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I am researching the 3532d Medium Maintenance Co. in WWII."  The 3532nd Ordnance Medium Automotive Maintenance Company participated in the following Campaigns during WW 2:

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France   July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland         September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Central Europe    March 22-May 8, 1945

In your question you typed "I suspect they were attached to the 59th Ord. Group, Ninth Army for part of the war."  The 59th Ordnance Group participated in the following Campaigns during WW 2:

Rhineland
Central Europe

When Third Army became operational on August 1, 1944, 3532nd Ordnance Medium Automotive Maintenance Company was assigned [assigned] to 10th Ordnance Battalion, 69th Ordnance Group, Third Army.  When Ninth Army became operational on September 5, 1944, 3532nd Ordnance Medium Automotive Maintenance Company was assigned [assigned] to 328th Ordnance Battalion, 59th Ordnance Group, Ninth Army.
       In your question you typed "Can you help me with the Order of Battle of the 59th Ord. Group"?  Yes.  Please send me your mailing address (USPS) via the USPS to the address at the end of this reply.  It will be my pleasure to send you a photocopy of the Order of Battle of the 59th Ordnance Group, Ninth Army, via First Class USPS.
       In your question you typed "Any tips on how I can go about researching this?"  I suggest you try to obtain the unit records, which are located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive
 Carlisle   PA   17013

Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell