Military History/D-day

what is your favorite gun from D-day and why it is your favorite gun?

Let me tell you my favorites before my final pick.

Kar 98k Mauser
M1 Garand
M-1 Carbine

Of all of them the BAR.  The BAR in my book is the world’s first assault rifle.  Designed as a man portable machine gun it gave an infantry man fire power.  A single soldier could use and maintain it.  A bit heavy but in the hands of a strong soldier it was accurate and deadly.  The BAR needed a bigger ammunition storage only 20 rounds.  Consider that the BAR was designed during World War 1 it was a very popular weapon in World War 2 and into the 1960s.

I hope this helps and enjoy the link
Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.