Military History/D-day

Question
what is your favorite gun from D-day and why it is your favorite gun?

Answer
Greetings

Let me tell you my favorites before my final pick.

MG-42  
Kar 98k Mauser
M1 Garand
M-1 Carbine
Thompson
BAR

Of all of them the BAR.  The BAR in my book is the world’s first assault rifle.  Designed as a man portable machine gun it gave an infantry man fire power.  A single soldier could use and maintain it.  A bit heavy but in the hands of a strong soldier it was accurate and deadly.  The BAR needed a bigger ammunition storage only 20 rounds.  Consider that the BAR was designed during World War 1 it was a very popular weapon in World War 2 and into the 1960s.

I hope this helps and enjoy the link
Thank you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1918_Browning_Automatic_Rifle  

Military History

Paul Sutton