Military History/December 1943 OSS Atlantic crossing

Question
I am writing about an American civilian working for the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) who traveled from Washington, DC to London, via New York, in December 1943.

Since the ATS passenger lists were destroyed, is there another source of information on Atlantic crossings, particularly where it involved the transportation of intelligence personnel?

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "who traveled from Washington, DC to London, via New York, in December 1943."  Just so we are clear with each other, there was no direct transportation from New York to London by ship.  The ship in question may have departed the New York Port of Embarkation, but the port in Great Britain would have been Gourock, Scotland, Liverpool, Avonmouth, Swansea, Bristol or Barry.  A few other possibilities, but not London.
       In your question you typed "Since the ATS passenger lists were destroyed".  Please, enlighten me!  Who destroyed them, when & why?  What is your source for what you have typed?
       In your question you typed "is there another source for information on Atlantic crossings".  Sure, me.  I have the FACTS on at least 42 Troop Ships that departed the New York Port of Embarkation in December 1943, ultimately arriving in Great Britain.
       In your question you typed "particularly where it involves the transportation of intelligence personnel?"  None that I am aware of.
       Now I am going to share with you my OPINION, for what it's worth.  In my OPINION, members of the OSS (Oh, So Social!  LOL)  would have sailed overseas not in convoy, but onboard troop ships whose speed German U-Boats could not match, thus immune from being torpedoed.  The RMS Queen Mary made two departures from the New York Port of Embarkation in December 1943, one each for the RMS Queen Elizabeth & the RMS Aquitania.  My OPINION, for what it's worth.
       You are welcome to contact me via e-mail at WW2Connections@aol.com.  It would be my pleasure to share with you the FACTS as per the Troop Ship Voyages that departed the New York Port of Embarkation in December 1943, ultimately arriving in Great Britain.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell