Military History/Father's unit he served in during WW 2

Question
Hello I'm trying to find out more about the U S army units my father served in during ww 2 and before. From his dd 214 he served  in Battey C 12th  field artillery being discharged in 1937.  It looks to be signed by Colonel O W Dickinson. He served again with 9207th TSU-TC-DEML. Was the 12th FA part of the 2nd divison? Haven't been able to find anything about the other unit her served in.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Bill

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I'm trying to find out more about the U.S. army units my father served in during ww 2".  It would be my pleasure to try to assist you with that question.
       In your question you typed "and before."  That will be difficult for me, since my knowledge base & resource base is September 1939-December 1946.
       In your question you typed "From his dd 214".  Would you be so kind as to share with me the location on your father's "dd 214" where the term DD-214 is printed upon the document?
       In your question you typed "he served in Battery C 12th field artillery being discharged in 1937."  Battery C, 12th Field Artillery (R.A.) was organized at Fort Myer, Virginia, June 7, 1917 as an Organic Element of the 2nd (Infantry) Division.
       In your question you typed "He served again with 9207th TSU-TC-DEML."  My question you you is, your father was assigned [assigned] to the:

9207th Technical Service Unit
Transportation Corps
 Postal Detachment
  Seattle Port of Embarkation
   Seattle, Washington State

between September 16, 1940 & December 31, 1946?
       In your question you typed "Was the 12th FA part of the 2nd division?"  Prior to October 1, 1940, yes.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell