Military History/Wanting to know more about american generals and what they did during WW2.

Question
During ww2 who were some of the most important U.S. generals during ww2? What responsibilities did these generals have and were they on the the battlefield or did they conduct their job from a safer location?

Answer
Entire books have been written about U.S. Generals and World War II.

I would suggest you read about Dwight Eisenhower, Omar Bradley, George Marshall, Joe Stillwell, Matthew Ridgway, and George Patton.

Here's a good article on generals who got close to the action: http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/u-s-military-generals-in-world-war-i

Military History

Marc Leepson