Military History/Wanting Know more about the U.S role in WW2 and when they joined the war.

Prior to being attacked by Japan in 1941 was the U.S considered to be apart of WW2? After Pearl Harbor did the U.S call war on just Japan or did they also declare war on Germany too? In your opinion if the U.S did not join the war do you think the allies and the Soviets could have won the war without the U.S?

1) No the US was not part of WWII prior declaring war.
  The UK was really trying to get the USA involved. Germany had fired on US ships twice.

2)Nazi Germany declared war on USA right after Pearl Harbor as support for another Axis nation.

3) Could they have won without the USA? Most likely not as the UK would been starved out by the Uboats. They may or may access to USA made weapons. The UK would most likely sued for peace at some point. Without the 2nd front Germany put a lot more man power and arms into the Eastern front. The USSR would have had much harder fight on hands. There no way to know the actual outcome.

Military History

Paul Edward Zukowski

My interest is in the area US Military History. I have a special interest in US small arms. The Civil War, WWI and WWII are areas of special interest but I can handle questions on many areas of US military history.

I spent 2 years in Army ROTC and have been a military history buff most of my life. Does spending too much time watching the History Channel Count : )? Here is some general background information as a means of full disclosure. (it appears on all my profiles)
Life Experience
A general biography my fit more here so I offer the following. (it appears on on all my profiles) After all who we are affects our opinions or even inadvertently effect of statements of fact. I hold a AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ. and a BA from Trinity College, Hartford Ct. Plus 11 other professional certifications. I have received 31 awards for various activities. My writings published in ?The Other Voice? and other publications. I have had my original music published, licensed and recorded by David Kaye. I have been a guest on CyberRadio & TV and many other talk radio programs. I welcome interviews and I am willing to act as a technical advisor to various media. I am single and have resided in Hartford, Ct. since 1976. I have no children. I am a political conservative with libertarian leanings. I am a registered Republican. I am a Roman Catholic. I have worked in the following areas, entertainment, real estate, mortgage banking, and human services. I have owned 2 businesses. Some of my interests include politics, law, history, and current events.Hobbies I partake in include music, target shooting and cars (my Camaro rumbles) If you wish to find out more about me, feel free to visit my web page PEZmans World
You can find me in many other areas of

Current Events: U.S.
U.S. Politics
Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics
Military Policy & Weapons
Military History
U.S. History
Supreme Court Cases
Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty
Miscellaneous, Serial Murder, Rape, Arson and other sexually motivated crimes
2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms
Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports
Conspiracies & Extremism
Careers: Music
Hartford, Ct.
Trinity College, Hartford, Ct.
Eastern Connecticut State University

Organizations belong to

Cleo of AX Alpha Chi (former Alpha Chi Chapter of DKE)
National Rifle Association
Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Assoc.
Windsor Marksman Assoc.
The Republican Party
The Roman Catholic Church
History of Hartford Project

Publications and Media Appearances

?The Other Voice? published articles.
?The Frogbelly Local? published articles.
?Hey Little Lady? {song} published Americord Records
Talk Radio appearances include;
Mornings with Ushi, CyberRadio & TV, Broadcast in Los Angles CA. worldwide via the internet.
The Lynda Mercer Show on Power Talk WULF 94.3 FM Radcliffe, Kentucky
The Allen Price Show on WRVA Newsradio 1140 AM Richmond, VA
and many more.
I have been a tech advisor to more than a dozen authors.

AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ.
BA from Trinity College
11 other professional certifications

I have received 31 awards and honors for various activities.