Military History/WW 2 medals

Question
Richard:  I have my fathers DD214. And a photograph of him wearing a couple of medals I do not recognize. He was a POW from the Battle of the Bulge on December 17, 1944. His name is T/SGT Charles E. Myers. He has a rifle expert badge, a bulls eye with an oak leave cluster around it and a rifle bar below. He also in this same location on his uniform and another similar badge but it has the bar across the top and a similar bulls eye and oak leaf cluster encircling it hanging down from the bar. And he has two button appearing pins on his lapel below the US badge and crossed rifles badge. Could you help me identify these pins and badges? Could the pins be "Ruptured Ducks" upon his discharge? Please help.

Answer
Dear Mr. Myers,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I have my fathers [sic] DD214."  Would you be so kind at to indicate where on your father's "DD214" the term "DD-214" appears?
       In your question you typed "a photograph of him".  Would you be so kind as to indicate whether the photograph was taken prior to December 16, 1944 or after May 8, 1945?
       In your question you typed "wearing a couple of medals".  In the context of your question, these are not "medals" in the true sense of the term.  Please read on.
       In your question you typed "He has a rifle expert badge, a bulls eye with an oak leaf cluster around it and a rifle bar below."  What you have semi-accurately described is the Arms Qualification Badge for someone who qualified as EXPERT (as opposed to SHARPSHOOTER or MARKSMAN).  The official description is as follows "A Cross Patee [Pattee sic] with the representation of a target placed upon the center thereof and encircled by a wreath."  No oak leaf cluster.
       In your question you typed "He also in this same location on his uniform and another similar badge but it has the bar across the top and a similar bulls eye and oak leaf cluster encircling it hanging down from the bar."  What you have semi-accurately described is the Distinguished Designation Badge for someone distinguished themselves with some sort of weapon.  No oak leaf cluster.  What word can be read on "the bar across the top"?
       In your question you typed "he has two button appearing pins on his lapel below the US badge and crossed rifle badge."  A unit's "D.I." (Distinctive Insignia) appear upon the lapel of the Class A Jacket, below the notch of the lapel.  That is why the date of the photograph is important, to determine the unit the D.I.'s are of.
       In your question you typed "Could the pins be "Ruptured Ducks" (Duck, singular, only one discharge) upon his discharge?"  No.  The Honorable Discharge Insignia (Ruptured Duck was a slang term) was cloth, sewn to the Class A Jacket above the wearer's right breast pocket.
       What unit is typed in Box #6 on page two of your father's Discharge Document (WD AGO Form 53-55)?  Please provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Document (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell