Military History/ww2

Question
what is your favorite battle of world war 2 and why?

Answer
For more information please see my previous answer here to your fellow Canadian Nathan with regards to the Scandinavian countries in World War 2.

Well I am a Swede living in Sweden but as a child I spent some time between the age of 5 and 7 years in Helsinki Finland and I regard Finland as my second but equal native country! So it is easy to pick that battle. It is the battle of Suomensalmi (= Finnish Strait) where along the Raate road the Finns managed to surround and completely annihilate a superior Soviet force proving that it at least was possible to defeat a Soviet military force. This happened during the Finnish Winter War of 1939-1940.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.