Military History/103rd AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion, Kentucky National Guard

Question
My father, still alive, served the entire war In that unit. He has shared some information but does not recall with specificity dates and location of his unit during the campaign in France and Germany 1944-45. Is it likely the Adjutant General's Office in Frankfort, Kentucky can provide maps and dates of unit locations for the 1944-45 campaign?  We are talking about taking my dad back to Germany later this year and he is willing to discuss some of the events in the campaign if we can identify the locations. Any suggestions if Adjutant's office can't help with dates/maps?

Dad came out of London, Ky, started as a Sargent and finished the war as a Lieutenant. I'm thinking he may be one of the last living members of the 103rd AAA.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Is it likely the Adjutant General's Office in Frankfurt, Kentucky can provide maps and dates of the unit's locations for the 1944-45 campaigns?"  I am reluctant to type on behalf of "the Adjutant General's Office in Frankfurt, Kentucky" since I reside in Nashville, Tennessee.  I would leave no stone un-turned in attempting to obtain "maps and dates of unit locations for the 1944-45 campaign".
       In your question you typed "Any suggestions if Adjutant's office can't help with dates/maps?"  The 103rd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion, Kentucky National Guard was attached [attached] to the 1st Infantry Division:

June 12, 1944-February 7, 1945
February 24-May 8, 1945

I suggest you consult the unit records of the 1st Infantry Division at the US Army Heritage & Education Center, Carlisle, PA or contact the 1st Infantry Division Museum at Cantigny, Illinois.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell