Military History/Army - Casualty Reports

Question
5 Fedor Sons WWII
5 Fedor Sons WWII  

William Fedor
William Fedor  
Mr Horrell,
Thank you for viewing my question.
   My father was injured in WWII and at the time was told he would receive the "Purple Heart". After the war was over he never received it. I have a home town newspaper article that states his injuries.
   I am trying to pinpoint down when my father sustained his injuries. Can you tell me how long it would take a newspaper to find out notifications of soldiers injuries.
   The article is about "5 brothers going to War and 2 being Injured" Also can you tell me how to go about getting his Purple Heart with just the newspaper article.

Thank you for your response,
Julie (Fedor) Hartmann

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out-of-style.
       In your question you typed "My father was injured in WWII and at the time was told he would receive the "Purple Heart"."  With all due respect, members of the US Military do not receive the "Purple Heart" for being "injured" but for being WIA (Wounded in Action) or KIA (Killed in Action).  
       In your question you typed "I am trying to pinpoint down when my father sustained his injuries."  If your father had been WIA, that FACT would be typed in Box #34 on page two of his Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55).  As to a date for when your father was injured, maybe his Medical Records, which may still be warehoused at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
       In your question you typed "can you tell me how to go about getting his Purple Heart with just the newspaper article."  With "just a newspaper article" no, I cannot.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell