Military History/Father's WW 2 Record

Question
Henry Eugene Palmerino
Born: 29 Oct 1919, Southbridge, Ma.
Entered Military: 27 Jan 1942, Ft. Devens, MA (Worcester County)
Discharged: 07 Dec 1945
Died: 10 Dec 1993
Served: U.S. Army
Rank: Pvt
Branch: Branch Immaterial-Warrant Officers
Component: Selectees (enlisted men)
Ser#: 31041806
Affiliate ARC Identifier: 1263923

Know only that he was a participant in the Italian Campaign, landed in Sicily and went all the way up the country to Germany.  he never spoke of the war or his participation.
Curious about any additional pertinent information including the unit he served in, any awards, medical records, etc..

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "he was a participant in the Italian Campaign".  The Campaigns of the "Italian Campaign" are as follows:

Naples-Foggia          September 9, 1943-January 21, 1944
Rome-Arno          January 22-September 9, 1944
Anzio          January 22-May 24, 1944
North Apennines        September 10, 1944-April 4, 1945
Po Valley          April 5-May 8, 1945

Would you be so kind as to indicate which of these Campaigns are indicated in Box #32 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       In your question you typed "landed in Sicily".  The Sicily Campaign was fought July 9-August 17, 1943.
       In your question you typed "went all the way up the country to Germany."  With all due respect, which "country" do you refer to?  If it is Italy, Germany & Italy are not contiguous.  One must pass through Switzerland (neutral) or Austria to travel from Italy to Germany.
       In your question you typed "the unit he served in".  Would you be so kind as to indicate what is typed in Box #6 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       In your question you typed "any awards"?  Would you be so kind as to indicate what is typed in Box #33 & #34 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       Also, would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES that are typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Please visit my blog at WW2Connections.net

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell