Military History/My father at Boeing Field 1942

Hi  Mr. Horrell,

You and I  did Q&A before. My father was inducted into the U.S. Army 5 March 1942 in Scott Field, Illinois. He was stationed on the West Coast  in 1942 at Boeing Field, Seattle, Washington before he was sent to the New Guinea campaign before being sent to New Guinea in the Pacific Theatre Campaign on 6 April 1944 and arrived on 20 April 1944, somewhere in the Pacific. He served there until 5 Dec 1945 and arrived in the USA 23 Dec 1945 and received a Honorable Discharge 1 January 1946 at Jefferson Barracks, Missouri  .

He was in the US Army HQ 214th AAA Gp.

Can you tell me anything about Boeing Field. ?   My father has a picture of him there and has Boeing Field written on the back. That would have to be in 1942.

Marianne Dillow

Dear Ms.,
       I acknowledge your question.  In it you typed "Can you tell me anything about Boeing Field"?  During the 1920s King County, Washington State built an airport south of Seattle on a reclaimed flood plane of the Duwamish River & named it King County Airport.  It had two hangars, one civilian & the other utilized by Boeing Aircraft Company.
       Boeing Aircraft Company prospered, & in 1930 the airport was renamed Boeing Field.  During the decade Boeing Aircraft expanded its facility on the west side of the Field, while civilian activities gravitated to the east side of the Field.  During WW 2, all civilian activities at Boeing Field moved to a new facility half-way between Seattle & Tacoma.  
       The AAF presence at Boeing Field during WW 2 was the Air Technical Service Command & the Air Transport Command.  The Field served as a port of aerial embarkation & had a large air freight terminal.
       There is a museum at the location, the following is the contact information:

Museum of Flight
9404 East Marginal Way South
 Seattle   WA   98108

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.