Military History/SS Marine Angel

Question
94th & 3rd.jpg
94th & 3rd.jpg  
Sir,
I have a copy of my Dad's transportation paperwork for his return home after WW II.  He returned on the SS Marine Angel, leaving La Havre on 9 September 1945.  At that time my Dad was in the 9th Armd Inf Bn.  
My question is: What other unit were on that ship with him?
I am curious because of a the included photo I found after my parents deaths.  The photo is interesting because my Dad was in the 94th ID when he went to Europe but was reassigned to the 9th after recovering from wounds.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "He returned on the SS Marine Angel, leaving La [sic] Havre on 9 September 1945."

Departure Date:   September 9, 1945
Departure Location:  Le Havre, France
Troop Ship:  SS Marine Angel
Arrival Date:   September 17, 1945
Arrival Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
    MAGIC CARPET voyage

In your question you typed "At that time my Dad was in the 9th Armd Inf Bn."  I will acknowledge that your father was assigned [assigned] to the 9th Armored Infantry Battalion, an Organic Element of the 6th Armored Division.
       In your question you typed "What other unit were [sic] on that ship with him?"  Other than those indicated in the "photo" I do not know.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell