Military History/WW 2 Units

Question
Hi Richard;  I have been doing family research and found that I had a half-Uncle that served in WWII.  On his application to the state of Iowa for WWII compensation it lists that his units were the 113th Cavalry, 745th Military Police and the 245th A.G.F.  I found quite a bit of info on the 113th Cavalry, but I am not having much luck with the other two units.  Do you know where they served and when?  Thanks.

Bob

Answer
Dear SIR,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "113th Cavalry".  With all due respect, the 113th Cavalry Group, the 113th Cavalry Regiment, or the 113th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron?  Knowing which specific unit would have helped to place the geographic location your "half-Uncle" served in during WW 2.  Hence, help to identify the other two units you have in question.
       In your question you typed "745th Military Police".  The only US Army Unit activated during WW 2 with the numerical designation you typed was the 745th Military Police Battalion, which served in the P.T.O. (Pacific Theater of Operation).
       In your question you typed "245th A.G.F."  The only US Army Unit activated during WW 2 with the numerical designation you typed was the 245th A.G.F. Band, which participated in the North Apennines Campaign (September 10, 1944-April 4, 1945) in Italy prior to V-E Day.
       As you can read, the units you typed places your "half-Uncle" all over god's green earth during WW 2.  Regrettably, I am afraid my reply did NOT help you, & may have muddied the water even more!  My apology for doing so.

Regrettably,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell