Military History/WWII units

Hi Paul;  I have been doing family research and found that I had a half-Uncle that served in WWII.  On his application to the state of Iowa for WWII compensation it lists that his units were the 113th Cavalry, 745th Military Police and the 245th A.G.F.  I found quite a bit of info on the 113th Cavalry, but I am not having much luck with the other two units.  Do you know where they served and when?  Thanks.

The 745 served in Hawaii during much of World War 2.  The 245th served in Italy and was a military band.  The 245th came about in 1944 in Italy and was inactivated in November 1945; not sure where Italy.  The 113th served in Europe.  It is unlikely he served in both theaters but some men after the war in Europe volunteered to serve in the Pacific.  Do you know when he was in each unit?
I have an included some Links that may help.

Thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.