Military History/128th AAA Gun Battalion

I am looking for records of the 128th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion. My late father was a gunner (PFC William Allan Griffin).

I am gathering information on him for my genealogical records. I am wanting to know the battalion movements.

I found your name through Can you still share that information with me (see your post below)?

Thank you,
Scott Griffin

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:47 PM
I own a copy of the unit history of the 128th AAA Gun Battalion (Mobile). Please feel free to contact me if you wish to obtain additional facts.

Richard V. Horrell

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I am looking for records of the 128th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion."  The unit records of the 128th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Gun Battalion are located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive
 Carlisle   PA   17013

In your question you typed "I am wanting to know the battalion movements."

Activated at Ft. Bliss, TX, May 20, 1943

Departed the New York Port of Embarkation April 10, 1944

Sailed on the RMS Queen Mary (12,000 Troops onboard)

Arrived at Gourock, Scotland, April 16, 1944

Arrived in Normandy, France, late July 1944

Northern France
Central Europe

Assigned [assigned] to the 27th AAA Group, 38th AAA Brigade, Third Army

Located north of Le Mans, France, August 9-21, 1944

Located southeast of Fontainebleau, France, September 1-5, 1944

Located north of Toul, France, mid September 1944

Located near Nancy, France, late September 1944-mid January 1945

Located near Metz, France, late January-mid March 1945

Located near Koblenz, Germany, late March 1945

Located near Boppard, Germany, early April-mid April 1945

Located near Passau, Germany, late April-early May 1945

Served with the Army of Occupation, Germany, May 2-July 5, 1945

Arrived at the New York Port of Embarkation December 29, 1945

De-activated at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey, December 30, 1945

In your question you typed "I found your name through"  My apology, I have no idea what "" is.
       Would you be so kind at to share with me ALL THE FACTS typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.