Military History/132nd Evacuation Hospital

Question
QUESTION: my father William S. Hood, was a medic with the 132nd Evacuation Unit during WW2
I was able to talk to several people 10 years ago when my brother and I wrote a book about our family and added a chapter I wrote on my dad's time with this Unit.
Was wondering if you had anything you could share with me on this Unit?
There may be still some survivors and would be nice to talk to them if we knew where they were of course.
I so have a pharm pad that my dad had Jack Benny, Ingrid Bergman and Larry Adler sign when the USO tour was there I recall not looking at the book, in berlin 1944, where a hospital had been set up on the grounds of a prince of Bavaria.
anything you could find and send would be appreciated
thanks
Chris Hood

ANSWER: Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Was wondering if you had anything you could share with me on this Unit?"  The 132nd Evacuation Hospital participated in the following Campaigns:

Rhineland        September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace  December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe   March 22-May 8, 1945

and was assigned [assigned] to the U.S. Seventh Army (Seven Steps to Hell) commanded by Lt. General Alexander "Sandy" Patch.  
       In your question you typed "in berlin 1944".  With all due respect, Allied Forces did not enter Berlin, Germany until May 1945.
       The 132nd Evacuation Hospital served with the Army of Occupation, Germany, May 20-December 27, 1945.
       Would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

QUESTION: Sir thank you for your valuable reply
I was incorrect stating Berlin, when it was Munich area where he met Jack Benney
about his service records, we did a search back when we were writing our books 10+ years ago and was told his records were lost in a St Louis fire
so we have no formal records of his service.
thank you for your information
Chris Hood

Answer
Good Day,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  In it you typed "about his service records, we did a search back when we were writing our book 10+ years ago and was told his records were lost in a St. Louis fire".  Yes, that is correct, July 1973.  However my request of you was for "your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)", not his "service records".  Your father was provided with 6-10 copies of his Discharge Documents when he was discharged from the US Army.  The source for a copy of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) is not 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri, 63132, but someone/somewhere withing your family.
       In your follow-up you typed "we have no formal records of his service."  MAYBE you do not in July 2016, but at one time your family did.
       Munich, Germany was captured by units of US Seventh Army April 30, 1945.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell