Military History/Father in law's discharge papers

Good Afternoon,
It is with sad feelings that I contact you.  My father in law passed away at the age of 99.  He was in the Army during WWII and was stationed in Germany.  He received 2 medals: Good Conduct Medal Army  and WWII Victory Medal.  He was discharged on 06-25-46.  He had the grade of TEC 5 and served in the European Theater of War.
I am hoping you could shed some light on what exactly this group did??  He only said small bits and pieces of what he went through.  He qualified as an air compressor operator and  qualified on EXP 30 CAL Rifle M1.  It seems from reading all I could on the little amount of paperwork he had, that he was trained as a Utility Repairman at Headquarter Engineer Section at Fort Lewis, Washington.  He was then trained in Eperney, France as an Air compressor operator.  
Would you have pictures of this group or know what they did while in Germany after WWII.  His funeral is on Tuesday, 8-2-16.  We have contacted the local Veteran Affairs office through our funeral home.  He will have a full military funeral.  The family just wanted to know something about what he did.  The only thing he told me was that on One Sunday afternoon, he went to Paris and sat under the Eiffel Tower watching people go by,  He smoked 1 entire pack of cigarettes and just reflected on life.  I asked him what the women looked like at that time.  He told me they were pretty ones and ugly ones.  He told me that the kids played nearby and the women were so worn out and tired.  That was it.  Never spoke about it again.  Please help us to find out anything we can about the time he served.
Reasa R Falgoust
If you require more information, I can provide that by e-mail.

Dear Ms.,
       You have my deepest sympathies for the loss to your family at this time.  I will try to assist you as best I can, understanding that time IS an issue.
       In your question you typed "TEC 5".  Pay was $66.00 per month.
       In your question you typed "I am hoping you could shed some light on what exactly this group did??"  With all due respect, you have not indicated to me a "group" (actually, a unit is what I need) that your father-in-law was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945.  
       In your question you typed "If you require more information, I can provide that by e-mail."  YES!  Please scan the four pages of your father-in-law's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) then attach the scans to an e-mail & e-mail to:      With those scans in hand, it will be an honor to provide you with all the FACTS I glean from said scans.
       I have cleared my desk, so that the only work I have to complete are FACTS for Tuesday, August 2, 2016.  I am aware that said FACTS are better in your hands sooner than later.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.