Military History/Joseph Francis Laws (Senior)

Question
My father was a part of the 648th Engineering Battalion In WWII.  He deployed overseas in the fall of 1944.  I have records of his stay in Australia but we understand he was also in New Guinea.  This period is a blank.  Any help will be appreciated.

Joseph F. Laws Jr.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My father was a part of the 648th Engineering Battalion during WWII."  Would you be so kind as to indicate to me the Primary Source Documents you possess that indicate your father was assigned [assigned] to the 648th Engineer Base Topographic Battalion prior to September 2, 1945?
       In your question you typed "He deployed overseas in the fall of 1944."  Would you be so kind as to provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55)?
       In your question you typed "we understand he was also in New Guinea."  Would you be so kind as to indicate to me the Primary Source Documents you possess that indicate your father "was also in New Guinea"?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Please visit my blog at WW2Connections.net

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell