Military History/Nazi marked luger

Question
Hello Keith,

I bought a luger at a pawn shop a few months ago. It was painted and upon scrubbing the paint off, I discovered some nazi birds. The more paint I took off (I didnt scratch or ruin the bluing), the more stamps I uncovered. I dont know if its authentic or not. I was wondering if you could help me out.

Thanks,
  Matt

Answer
Hi, let me answer that for you, I would need pictures but more than likely, yes its real. Those nazi bird stamps are called "waffenamps" and based on the number that is below that stamp you can find out what factory they came from or what designation, motor corps, navy, luftwaffe etc. I would need more info like the number, a few pics etc.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan