Military History/WWI Prussian Civilian Medal?

Question
Front of Medal
Front of Medal  

Back of medal
Back of medal  
Hello,

My grandparents recently moved into a new home and I found this small medal that had been left behind. It depicts an 1813 iron cross on the front and St. Christopher on the back. The only information I have been able to find out about it is from a closed eBay listing claiming it was a medal worn by Prussian civilians to show support for the empire in WWI. Is this information correct, and is there anything else you can tell me about this medal? Is it possible to tell if it's authentic or a souvenir?

Thanks for your time!
Lindsay

Answer
I believe you have discovered exactly what it is. During WWI many items like this were made to show solidarity, support both morally and financially. This appears to be a religious medal that also supports the war effort. I will check all of my source reference material to see if i can identify exactly what it is but they made thousands of such items, i can assure you that it is original.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan