Military History/My Father - WW 2 veteran and medical records

Dear Mr. Horrell,
You and I corresponding June 2014 and you provided detailed information about my father's service, for which I am grateful as he chose not to discuss it. He is deceased, having died in 1982 at the young age of 56. My question is this. My mother states my father contracted malaria in the Phillipines and upon his return was rated 10% service connected disabled. He chose not to receive monetary compensation. Do you know if detailed medical records would be available through the Veterans Administration? He served from July 13, 1944 to August 12, 1946, US Army Battery A 181st Field Artillery Battalion.
Thank you in advance.
Whites Creek TN

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out-of-style!
       In your question you typed "Do you know if detailed medical records would be available through the Veterans Administration?"  I am not sure how "detailed' the medical records would be, but the Veteran's Administration is as good an agency as any to start your research, IF your father received V.A. care after he was discharged from the U.S. Army in August 1946.  Be prepared to provide any agency you contact with photocopies of page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) for confirmation of your father's service overseas.
       May I suggest that whom ever you contact, please utilize the phrase "for genealogical purposes only" when dealing with any agency.  I recently learned from a peer of mine that certain agencies have a fear to provide FACTS, with a concern that those FACTS will later be used in litigation against the agency ($$$$$$$).  Just a suggestion.......
       Finally, I have one other source that you may with to contact to aide in your quest.  I suggest you visit your local office of the Congressperson that represents you in the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC.  Every Congressperson has a V.A. Liaison, that can cut through red tape like a HOT knife through butter.  This being an election year, I am sure that the Congressperson is eager to seek the Veteran/Military Vote, in any & every way possible.  Just a suggestion.......
       Thank you to your father. for his efforts to defend our great republic so many decades ago, & for your efforts to keep his memory alive.  Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.