Military History/Pin symbols

106th pin
106th pin  
Can you identify the symbols? on this 106th CA AAA WWII PIN

Also can you tell me why the 106th and 45th thought so highly of each other?

Did the 45th provide infantry support of command posts as the 106th provided AA protection?

Sorry but I don't have a clue about the symbols. And I have no special knowledge about those two units during WWII.

Here are some sources you can check (from the 106th Wikipedia page):

Dupuy, R. Ernest (1949). St. Vith, Lion in the Way: The 106th Infantry Division in World War II. Washington, D.C.: Infantry Journal Press.

Frank, Stanley B. (9 November 1946). The Glorious Collapse of the 106th. Saturday Evening Post. pp. 3233.

Perloff (1944). Harvey, S, ed. 106th Infantry Division. Atlanta, Georgia: Albert Love Enterprises.
Whiting, Charles (1980). Death of a Division. New York, New York: Stein and Day.

Whiting, Charles (1969). Decision at St. Vith. New York, New York: Ballantine Books.  

Military History

Marc Leepson

I can answer most questions dealing with all aspects of U.S. military history. My expertise is the Vietnam War. I also have written extensively about the U.S. Civil War, World War II, World War I, The Philippine War, and the American Revolution. My books include a concise biography of the Marquis de Lafayette, the history of the American Flag, and the post-Jefferson history of Monticello, and therefore know a great deal about those specific subjects. I specialize in writing about matters of strategy--not tactics. And I also am interested in personalities. I have very little knowledge about ordnance or the value of old military memorabilia. Nor do I know a lot about uniforms and insignia--except about the Vietnam War. To repeat: I have no expertise in assessing the value of ordnance or uniforms or any type of military equipment. And my knowledge about military uniforms is only limited to those of the Vietnam War era. If you have questions on these topics, I recommend contacting an antiques dealer in your area who specializes in military uniforms, ordnance, etc.

Author and journalist with more than 35 years' experience.

Authors Guild BIO International

New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Baltimore Sun, Chicago Tribute, New York Newsday, the Arizona Republic, St. Petersburg Times, Detroit News. Magazines: Smithsonian, Preservation, The VVA Veteran, Vietnam, Civil War Times, America's Civil War, Military History, World War II. Editor: The Webster's New World Dictionary of the Vietnam War

BA, 1967, George Washington University, History MA, 1971, George Washington University, European History

Vietnam Veterans of America Excellence in the Arts Award, 2011

Vietnam Veterans of America