Military History/discharge reason us army

Question
In 1932 a brit ancestor claimed to be from Detroit and got honourable discharge reason conv of gov't (I think convenience of government)d b 615-210. please could you help me with why he was discharged. Also why would a Brit pretend to be American to join army, was it better paid than UK? Thanks in advance

Answer
Do you have his DD-214, the official discharge document? It might give you a clue. Here's a website that explains it: http://www.dd214.us/  

As for why he joined the Army, it could be one of many, many reasons. I would guess, though, that it wasn't the pay, which was very low, although the military did provide food and housing and it was during the Great Depression, so that could have been a factor. Hope this helps.

Military History

Marc Leepson