Military History/Questions Answered by Expert Keith H. Patton

SubjectDate Asked
75 DEC shell3/7/2017
  Q: Patton, can you tell me what the others stamps on the ground means? PD.Ps. 360 L 17 R
  A: DEC 75 means de Campagne 75 or Field Gun 75 which it was made for 17 stands for 1917 the year the ...
Pacific war - ww23/4/2017
  Q: Putting aside the subjects that are similar for just a moment because 1: time had passed since ww1 ...
  A: Simon: In the 1960's I live on Okinawa less than a mile from the actual battlefield depicted in ...
Bronze cannon ball1/12/2017
  Q: Have a small cannon ball. Bronze, 3 inch diameter and weighs 2.1 pounds. Would you have any idea ...
  A: A couple of things. First, there were few if any Bronze cannon balls. Bronze was expensive. It was ...
Queries re WW112/30/2016
  Q: I am curious as to why Russia was so easily defeated by Germany in WW1? After all, both Napoleon and ...
  A: Germany has always been in modern time a net importer of food and raw materials. In WWII the main ...
WW2 Honorable Discharge and Campaigns12/22/2016
  Q: My Dad's honorable discharge form list in Box 31, titled "Military Qualifications and Dates" as ...
  A: You probably know this but the AAA battalions had a number of different designations. You father was ...
Info on Rice stix trunk10/30/2016
  Q: This trunk was handed down by my dad. Was wondering what the history might be and what the monitary ...
  A: I have one similar to it. The plate photo is unreadable in the photo, but I do know that the ...
Photos of Prussian officer in uniform?10/27/2016
  Q: I have two old wallet sized photos, they are of a Great Uncle I do not know his first name but the ...
  A: Okay, some interesting stuff. First, the one picture was taken in the city of Stralsund, on ...
Comte D'Estang10/18/2016
  Q: I was wondering if you Could Provide any Info on Charles Hector Comte D'Estang? Particularly when he ...
  A: https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Charles%20Hector,%20comte%20d%27Estaing&item_type=topic ...
Probably not a brass cannonball9/8/2016
  Q: I've read a response you posted some years back about what someone thought was brass cannon-ball, ...
  A: Bill: While later cannon balls were made of iron almost exclusively, I don't think anyone can say ...
Navy seals against Roman Army8/29/2016
  Q: This is a question made into an spanich forum: ...
  A: I imagine the Seals would win. These kind of comparisons are a bit ridiculous and really prove ...
shell casing8/28/2016
  Q: my family has had this casing for many yrs could you help me id it? It said arronne on the casing
  A: Rick: More than likely it says "Argonne" as in Meuse Argonne Offensive. The Meuse Argonne was the ...
Stone cannon ball Washington State8/22/2016
  Q: I found a round stone ball, about 5-6 inches in diameter, on a beach in Sekiu Washington. I have ...
  A: Kellie: Stone cannon balls were only used in the medieval ages before cannon were cast to specific ...
war history of the 141st. A.A.A. Bat. 9th8/14/2016
  Q: My Father was a cpl.on a 90mm AA gun in the 141st. AAA Battalion of the 9th. Army from 1943 through ...
  A: Goerge: A few questions and comments. Do you have your father's service records? If you request ...
WW1 shell8/13/2016
  Q: I have a vase made from a shell I believe to be 75mm from 1916; can u verify markings?
  A: Deciphering the case markings is almost an art. First you should know that the 75mm was French ...
Nimitz Presentation Watch7/20/2016
  Q: I have an Omega Seamaster watch from approximately 1956. The inscription on the back of the watch ...
  A: Cory: You might have an answer to this by now. Fighting 38 was the USS San Francisco and WWII New ...
I Found a MKII Pineapple Grenade in Italy7/14/2016
  Q: So about two years ago my wife and I took a trip across Italy, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. ...
  A: This was marked as answered but it probably went out on the open question page. Phil: It looks ...
Military Shell6/13/2016
  Q: I have a brass military shell and wanted to know more about it and were it may have come from.. On ...
  A: It looks to be from a Six pounder anti-tank gun. The equivalent to the 57mm American anti-tank gun. ...
91st AAA Bn5/16/2016
  Q: I was stationed with the 91st AAA Bn in Biebrich Germany from Apr 56-Sep 57. I have tried to fin d ...
  A: Charles: Check out this site: ...
locate service records5/13/2016
  Q: I am seeking service records on an individual who married in 1958 the secretary of a high profile ...
  A: Deb: You can submit a request via the Military Service Records organization under the Federal ...
WW2 strategies4/29/2016
  Q: Mr.Patton what strategies did the Americans use on d day
  A: Timothy: A little explanation is in order. The military uses different words to define things the ...
ww24/25/2016
  Q: what is your most favorite knife from world war 2 and why?
  A: I have two. I am a functionalist, so I would have to say my all time favorite is the K-BAR, the ...
Wanting to know more about key battles in World War 2.4/20/2016
  Q: What were some of the most important battles of World War 2? What countries were apart of those ...
  A: Nathan: One way to look at WWII since it was so large, is to look at the different Operational ...
artillery shell4/19/2016
  Q: .. I recently dug up what looks like to me an artillery shell. No tip or anything inside of it.It is ...
  A: Are you saying you dug up a spent artillery cartridge, that is the hollow base, or are you saying ...
Persian gulf war.3/28/2016
  Q: Why did Saddam go to war with Iran and then invade Kuwait?
  A: Adam: He was crazy. Seriously, Saddam ruled over a secular state. Meaning that while the people ...
millitary history3/19/2016
  Q: can you tell me the reasons soviet Russia invaded Afghanistan.
  A: Adam: Before there was a USSR there was Imperialist Russia. During that period, there was a rivalry ...
epaulets3/9/2016
  Q: While going through my late father's things I came across these epaulets.I remember him mentioning ...
  A: Jaquie: It looks like they are lieutenant's shoulder boards for the Maritime Service. The two ...
WWI reassembled shells2/21/2016
  Q: .. I purchased these two shells in Belgium. I was shipping them back to the States, and they went ...
  A: If you got them in Belgium, I would likely say that they are British, since that was the Sector the ...
German military uniform2/4/2016
  Q: I'm doing family research and would like info on the picture attached. It is suppose to be of a ...
  A: Debbie: The Germans during their Imperial period up to WWI had a variety of uniforms is so far as ...
Unknown Projectile1/27/2016
  Q: Sir, I recently acquired this rocket/mortar model. I do not know if it is a military practice piece ...
  A: Bill: I did a search for plastic mortar rounds and surprisingly found some, but they are of the old ...
WWI U.S. Artillery Shell12/13/2015
  Q: I'm hoping that you can help identify a WWI U.S. artillery shell that I have in my collection. I've ...
  A: Are you sure its 7 inches in diameter and not seven inches in circumference? If its seven inches ...
World war 1 brass shell casing12/9/2015
  Q: I have what I believe to be a ww1 brass shell casing. The markings on the base of the case are as ...
  A: Well, you have an iron clad provenance for the piece if it is engraved with the finder's name, unit ...
Ryukyus campaign11/11/2015
  Q: My father received a Bronze Star for actions during the Ryukyus campaign. He was in the 105th ...
  A: Mike: The 105th was one of three regiments in the 27th Infantry Division. Coincidentally, back in ...
334th infantry, company L11/4/2015
  Q: According to my Dad's discharge papers, I'm trying to find out about where he served in WWII. He ...
  A: Gayle: Do his discharge papers include a listing of locations he was deployed to during the war? ...
Weapons10/25/2015
  Q: His name is Dan Spivey, WWII 1941-1945, Mortar Light NCO 607, CIB Thank you, V/r Lolamarie Agins ...
  A: Lolamarie: You answered your own question. The Army puts people in Military Occupational ...
Kasserine Pass Tank Battle10/16/2015
  Q: Was it the Panzer 3? And was the tank that the Germans used at Kasserine Pass superior to the M3?
  A: Jim: Some recent reading I did led to some surprising revelations. The US forces at Kasserine ...
artillery shell9/14/2015
  Q: i have some trench art i think is from WW1 i was wondering what the marking on the bottom mean, 75mm ...
  A: Smiley: The 75mm is the type of gun. Guns and howitzers are categorized by their bore diameter. ...
Legitimus Collins & Co machete8/22/2015
  Q: I have Legitimus Collins and co machete, the model is no. 1173, and i would like to know more ...
  A: Some background on the maker: ...
Grandfather's Honorable Discharge paper meaning7/30/2015
  Q: I found my grandfathers discharge papers and I'm trying to figure out what rifle he was issued. He ...
  A: James: Okay a few questions. What do his discharge papers say his MOS was? That is military ...
artillery shell7/25/2015
  Q: What are these markings q5mmf possibly d rw297 lot 8 rLB
  A: A photo of the markings would be a bigger help. Lot 8 is the manufacturer's lot number. The ...
Can you identify this projectile?7/24/2015
  Q: I bought a building and this projectile was inside. I cant see any markings at all, it is big, I ...
  A: Wow! I would have to venture a guess that it is probably from a coastal artillery gun. What part ...
106th CA/AAA7/6/2015
  Q: Mr. Patton...My father was a member of the 106th CA/AAA Battery C having served with the unit from ...
  A: As you are probably aware, the Anti Aircraft battalions underwent a lot of changes through the war, ...
Naval Officer in Marrakesh6/30/2015
  Q: While with the ATC my father, a 92 year old retired Air Force Colonel, flew a C87 into Marrakesh to ...
  A: I tried to sent an answer earlier but had no luck. The gist of my answer was that you might have a ...
G Company, 311th6/25/2015
  Q: I just saw your 2010 post concerning G Company of the 311th Regiment in WWII. My grandfather was in ...
  A: Dave: No I haven't, but I wasn't looking either. Do you know when he was with the 311th? What was ...
WW1 (Avia) 75mm BH17 1925 stamped on headstamp copper casing with pilot scratched by hand on bottom6/22/2015
  Q: I have a casing that I have spent most of a day collecting pieces of information on. It's a WW1 ...
  A: Nicole: The last part of your message confuses me. I think I have done my research well by finding ...
signal constrution battalion 2386/14/2015
  Q: My dad, Hubert L. Wood Woods was in the 442nd signal construction battalion 238 in the Asiatic ...
  A: Pam: First, you should request your father's service records. It will give you a better indication ...
Military qualifications and date on honorable discharge papers6/4/2015
  Q: My dad served in WWII 147th engineer combat battalion. Date of induction Nov. 27, 1944 Date of ...
  A: Deborah: The M1 MKM means he was qualified as a marksman on the M1 Garand Rifle. In basic training ...
WW2 Bayonet identification5/9/2015
  Q: My grandfather left me a bayonet from his tour in the S. Pacific. I've been trying to identify it'd ...
  A: Ben: The best I can do is this. The spring imbedded in the handle is the stumper. I thought at ...
4th Armored Division Map5/4/2015
  Q: I just read your question about the 2 piece 4th Armored Division map. If you still have it, are you ...
  A: Nope, wasn't me. It might have been another person on here. Sorry I couldn't help. You might ...
Half a cannonball ?3/31/2015
  Q: I found this half an iron ball that measures 4 inches wide and weighs 3 1/2 pounds in a cornfield in ...
  A: The closest thing I could guess at would be, it might be one end of a bar shot for a 9 lb cannon. ...
Military3/22/2015
  Q: Found this in our shed , some sort of fold up table and a gentlemens name on it , we can't seem to ...
  A: Nice table you have their. I assume you have looked it over for manufacturers tags or stencils on ...
68th AAA Gun Battalion, Headquarters Battery3/16/2015
  Q: My father Edward Obert-Thorn served in the 68th gun Battalion from 1942 till 1945. I like to know ...
  A: I found this info in a response to another gentleman inquiring about his father, and he had a copy ...
Antietam Tactics2/25/2015
  Q: What specific tactics were used by the Confederate Army during the Battle of Antietam? Did they ...
  A: Ben: Lets distinguish tactics from doctrine. Doctrine in the civil war did not change much. ...
German Bayonet?2/14/2015
  Q: I'm hoping you may be able to help with more information about a bayonet I have. My ...
  A: I want to correct something, I said Berlin, I meant to say Baden. Baden is a region, and as ...
338TH ENGINEERS WWII1/30/2015
  Q: My dad was in the 338th engineers in wwii. It has come to my attention that a booklet was printed by ...
  A: Based on your comment I am assuming he was in the company, there was also a 338 Engineering ...
WW2, Battle of the Bulge12/31/2014
  Q: Good Evening Sir, My name is Ryan Wooley and my father (deceased) is Wooley, George A., Pfc, SS ...
  A: Ryan: The Bronze star is the US 4th highest individual award. It is given out for varous reasons, ...
Fathers Service WW II12/26/2014
  Q: I read with much interest your response to another persons"Here is a site that has rememberances of ...
  A: Ronald: Sadly with the advance of time, most of the unit associations from WWII are closing down ...
Brass Cannonball?12/16/2014
  Q: Many many years ago (early 1960's) this object was found in the flower bed around a relative's house ...
  A: Dave, You forgot to attach the photo. None the less, brass was not used much if at all for cannon ...
ww2 helmet?12/9/2014
  Q: I have what appears to be a ww2 us infantry helmet it's just the steel cap and chin strap there is a ...
  A: Okay, lets see what we can do. There were a lot of different helmet types, believe it or not. ...
Cannonball ?11/20/2014
  Q: I have something I think is a half of a cannon ball I believe it is copper it is not magnetic and ...
  A: Bill: Cannon balls were made of iron. Brass and copper were too expensive top be used for ...
WWI artillery shell11/18/2014
  Q: the history on this item is that my grandfather brought this home with him from WWI. I'd like to ...
  A: Ann: It looks like a WWI British 18pdr Shrapnel projectile. Go here for additional photos: ...
Meaning of C-H on WWII posters11/15/2014
  Q: This is a question that has attracted intense interest among a group of Wikipedia editors. We have ...
  A: I have a few relatives who were old enough to recall he war years. I'll check with them. I did a ...
Great Wall of China Information.11/8/2014
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China The Distance between point a - starting point to b ...
  A: Prashant: From my learned knowledge and some personal information (my sister is a Captain for Delta ...
Identification of military map symbol10/30/2014
  Q: "Despite considerable effort, I have been unable to identify the meaning of the combined military ...
  A: Jose: The problem is you think it is a Nato Symbol, when in fact it is a US Army map marking, not a ...
WWI locker10/19/2014
  Q: Patton, I recently purchased a standing olive drab metal locker at an estate sale. The tag around ...
  A: Sara: Having grown up in the military, I used these same lockers for gym class at various ...
George S. Patton and World War 210/18/2014
  Q: Can you explain the background of George S. Patton, and World War 2. During world war 2 what paved ...
  A: Andy: Good question. Okay, to start, Patton was a cavalry man, and he had as his tutor some of the ...
Military epaulettes10/6/2014
  Q: I purchased this beautiful pair of milotary epaulettes in London some months a go, the antique store ...
  A: Wayne: Bingo! Australia Check out the attached pic. ...
17th C cannonball10/1/2014
  Q: I run estate sales and buy/sell antiques. I was working an estate sale for a family who has many ...
  A: April: A solid 32lb shot should be around 6.25 inches in diameter. Which would give a ...
Special forces mobility9/19/2014
  Q: I am in an argument with someone who thinks an electric jet-pack under development ( ...
  A: Michael: Thought you might like this article it applies to your question. The website is pretty ...
Military footlocker8/31/2014
  Q: I have a military footlocker purchased in upstate NY. It appears to be a USMC issue footlocker. The ...
  A: Yes, the officer was in the USMC Reserve. Couldn't tell much from the lock photo, I haven't seen ...
Brass Ball8/29/2014
  Q: Found this Brass Ball digging a basement in the Oshkosh Wisconsin area. Measure 3.75-3.85 has a ...
  A: Gary: The ball is most likely part of some ornamentation. I've gotten a lot of questions about ...
German uniform, Franco-Prussian War8/25/2014
  Q: The attached photo is my great-grandfather Abraham Zahn, aged 18 to 20 (born 1850, Schwetzingen, ...
  A: This is all I can really tell you from the photograph. He was in the Line infantry. The white ...
Small artillery projectile8/22/2014
  Q: Mr. Patton, This weekend I was in Bisbee, AZ, where I found a small artillery projectile in a junk ...
  A: Blake: Is the diameter correct? I cannot find any 2" or 55mm guns in the US inventory for that ...
CO "B" 728TH MP BN8/5/2014
  Q: I am looking for any information about my Grandfathers time in service. He has recently passed and I ...
  A: Sunny: The 728th stayed stateside during WWII to protect War Production factories around Detroit ...
unstruck headstamp7/17/2014
  Q: Jan1916 sp255 303.....patronenfabrik...Karlsruhe....slk40 shell that has the primer still n ...
  A: It could be from Scapa Flow it they interned Austrian ships there. ...
Shell/casing found7/7/2014
  Q: We were out off the coast of FL this weekend scallop hunting and found a 50 cal shell that is ...
  A: Lyndsey: The .50 caliber cartridge was originally designed as an anti-tank rifle cartridge by the ...
Ammo box6/24/2014
  Q: I came across a ammo box with the following on the front and wanted to know a little about its ...
  A: Jennifer: More info of the shell here: ...
headstamps3/30/2014
  Q: I collect trench art and have a number of artillery cases. I have Russian, French, German, British ...
  A: You might pose your question to the folks at this page. I don't have any personal knowledge of a ...
Rommel vs the Americans3/23/2014
  Q: I believe the Americans didn't directly enter North Africa until May 11th 1942, but even if I knew ...
  A: Rommel went head to head with the Americans at Kasserine Pass. Later, when he was sick and ...
dug up what looks like a projectile3/4/2014
  Q: I was using a trench machine and dug up a bullet shaped 7.5 lb steel or lead projectile with a ...
  A: Mason: Can you send a picture? Being you are from S.Carolina, if I knew where in the state you ...
Dragoons2/3/2014
  Q: If dragoons were mounted infantry who rode into battle then dismounted to fight, who looked after ...
  A: You hit upon one of the inherent weaknesses of the Dragoons as a combat arm. In most instances, ...
WW1 box1/22/2014
  Q: The box is about 3 feet wide by 3 feet tall by 2 feet deep. There is US 1907 on the outside. The ...
  A: Taylor: What you have is a field office secretarial. They were more likely to have used a field ...
ww11 trench art1/9/2014
  Q: My dad brought this back from the navy.he was in 1949-52.. he recently passed n i got this item. Im ...
  A: Judy: I would imagine that it is something commemorative that he got at retirement/discharge or ...
Runners1/8/2014
  Q: In the movie saving private ryan there is a scene in the film where capt miller and his squad are ...
  A: Jon: Probably. There is an interesting book, two actually, the first is called Retribution: the ...
Question about a very large bullet12/27/2013
  Q: I was hoping you could answer a question for me. Someone I know found this bullet head and wasn't ...
  A: Steve: First, it isn't a bullet. It is a projectile. Bullets are fired from firearms, rifles, ...
red lights12/4/2013
  Q: when I was aboard the USS Gato, a nuke fast attack, Nay time we were at periscope depth, the red ...
  A: Richard: My closest associations with subs was touring the Carvallo in Galveston, and attending law ...
Acronyms on WWII Discharge11/22/2013
  Q: this may be out of your field, if so can you tell me who to ask. In the first block of dads ...
  A: Shirley: Component: AUS Army of the United States Arm of Service: CAC Coastal Artillery Corp ...
artellery11/20/2013
  Q: My dad serves in 202nd Engineers Combat Bn he died in 1967 and I didn't get a chance to talk to him ...
  A: Shirley: You might have the wrong impression about what a Height Finder Observer actually did. ...
Recruitment and Training Out of Milwaukee11/19/2013
  Q: Patton, First off I would like to say thank you for what you do. My question is based off of a ...
  A: Darrell: If you could provide the address, or nearest town, city, he resided in that would help in ...
WW1 artillery case10/15/2013
  Q: I have a mortar shell of world war 1 wich I think is a German 7.6cm light Minenwerfer Shell. In ...
  A: Ricardo: Not sure if what you have is a MinenWerfer round or not. Here is what they looked like. ...
trying to identify a shell casing10/8/2013
  Q: Good afternoon - I wonder if you could please help me identify a shell casing I have been given. It ...
  A: Cloe: Yes it would be brass. It would be considered Cold War era. The useful measurment would be ...
World War 1 Artillery Trench Art9/9/2013
  Q: I acquired while in Germany a world War 1 Artillery Shell trench art vase with ivy design. I am ...
  A: The shell is of British manufacture. They are the only combatant who used the "pr" designation. ...
Revolutionary War Ordinance9/8/2013
  Q: I was told that I have a piece of grape or canister shot from Fort Ticonderoga. It is corroded ...
  A: Not sure at what tables you were looking. Shot was sized by weight. There is no way a 1.14 inch ...
Italy 1943-459/7/2013
  Q: It's 70 years this weekend since Italy surrendered to the Allies. From then until the end of the war ...
  A: Mark: Not something I've followed in my readings. It is an interesting question. I found the ...
mauser9/5/2013
  Q: How do I find out about a Mauser ser#92162m, on reciever wz29 FB RADOM 1934
  A: I am assuming that it is a K98, but it might be Gewehr98 the longer version used in WWI and later. ...
vx gas9/2/2013
  Q: With all this stuff about chemical weapons.lately how does one store that stuff and.how.lethal is ...
  A: Nes: Gas weapons have evolved since the Germans first used them in WWI. Back then they had a lot ...
Strange Bayonet8/27/2013
  Q: I have a strange Bayonet that I cannot figure out. It's approximately 26 inches length. "Appears" ...
  A: Dave: Have you compared the inside diameter of the socket with a Civil war era Springfield or ...
Marines - 75mm pack howitzer8/22/2013
  Q: I was wondering how close the crew of a marine 75mm howitzer were to the battle that was taking ...
  A: John: First you should know that the howitzer was Army designed in the 1920's and was built to be ...
ww1 shell made into cap8/19/2013
  Q: and I would like some history on it please its approx. 28 cm around and has markings on it as ...
  A: Gordon: Nice piece. These are commonly called trench art, but seeing how this was probably made ...
German Uniform 1800's8/14/2013
  Q: I'm looking for information regarding the uniform in the attached picture. I would like to know ...
  A: Jarrod: I meant to send you this link. It is a pretty comprehensive listing of plate pictures of ...
WWII Induction Centers8/11/2013
  Q: Patton, I have been researching my great uncle's WWII service for about 2 years now. The family ...
  A: Darrell: There was an induction center on Buffalo Street in Milwaukee. Four Blocks south of ...
Officers Shoulder Scales.7/30/2013
  Q: I asked a question on 7/8/2013 regarding an Officers Shoulder Scales Epaulette with a button on the ...
  A: Sorry in the delay in getting back to you. I could not find much in the way of information on the ...
military box7/24/2013
  Q: can you please help me identify what this box was used for and what time period. thank you.also is ...
  A: Greg: It looks like what you have is somee sort of field desk. Not ure its a US model, since it ...
Steel Ball7/20/2013
  Q: We live in Antelope CA, close to the Roseville Rail yard that had an explosion in the early 70's. ...
  A: David: First off, solid shot were made of iron, not steel, and came in very uniform diameters ...
Militrary Maps7/17/2013
  Q: Mr. Patton, I wonder if you can tell me (or perhaps direct me to someone who can) where I might ...
  A: Gerry: I have the following comments. The standard maps for the US Army historical division have ...
Erfurt 19147/10/2013
  Q: I have a rifle with the markings Erfurt 1914and also the markings RAX98. I cannot find anything ...
  A: Rodney: The rifle the Gewehr 98 was shortened in length and became known as the K-98 short for ...
Civil war munitions7/3/2013
  Q: Did cannonballs during the Civil war era actually explode? I have read varying accounts.
  A: Dan: Civil War munitions and those from the War of 1812 and Revolution were classified thus: Solid ...
names of battalions, batteries, etc.6/14/2013
  Q: My uncle, William Rhew, died in France due to something other than battle. I have his IDPF and the ...
  A: Becky: As you probably know, the 408th Repl and 33rd Repl. Bn stand for 408 Replacement Company, ...
Samurai / 2nd World War6/5/2013
  Q: My uncle died last year. He left a question unanswered as I was told never to ask him about it. All ...
  A: Anthony: The thing her is the difference one word makes. If you change the word "in" before the ...
Possible Revolutionary War Gtape Shot5/31/2013
  Q: I was given a 2.2-inch diameter, roughly 1.4 lb, cast iron ball. You can see the line from the edge ...
  A: Bob: You could indeed have what you think you have. The following table shows the shot diameter for ...
Unknown Military Equipment5/26/2013
  Q: I came into possession of a piece of military equipment a Lewyt Night Vision Scope Infrared US Navy ...
  A: Daniel: A little back ground. I studied remote sensing which in its first satellite form, relied ...
World War 25/21/2013
  Q: My father, Walter Cook from Brooklyn, NY, fought in WW2 as a master sergeant. He was part of the ...
  A: Bob: You could request his service history from the US Army Archives and it would list where and ...
Uniform Identification5/20/2013
  Q: I have a CDV from the 1860's - 1870's. The man is a 3 star General. Uniform is white with green ...
  A: Jeff: The time period you mention was a time when uniforms were replete with tasseled shoulder ...
1896 erfurt rifle model 915/17/2013
  Q: im looking for a magazine cant find one are they any other models that will work
  A: Jerry: I can't offer much help on this. I assume you are looking to replace the damaged magazine ...
Dagger Inscription5/9/2013
  Q: I have a German Officers Dress Dagger that was brought home by Carl Listro as a war souvenir. Can ...
  A: Bruce: It looks like the inscription contains some German contractions: Uns for Unser or "Your" ...
Currency Note5/9/2013
  Q: I am a currency collector and have recently purchased this note with writing on the back of it.In ...
  A: Victor: The name probably reads "SGT. G. Patton" rather than a 6. The number would be his military ...
Bayonet/Sabre4/4/2013
  Q: I have a bayonet that has been identified by family members as belonging to two different relatives. ...
  A: Bob: What you have is a sword bayonet. It looks to be a German Model 1871 which precludes it from ...
Badges in picture3/27/2013
  Q: Patton ...
  A: Kim: It looks like he is wearing two expert Qualification badges, with 8 qualification clasps. The ...
Authentic Gettysburg Lithograph3/26/2013
  Q: I need guidence. I want to sell a family lithograph "Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3 1863". May I ...
  A: Bill: It sound like you know much more about it than I could ever know. What I might suggest is ...
Bomb runs3/11/2013
  Q:
  A: Tim: The bombadier had a great deal of control over the bombs. He could specify the interval ...
Found Iron ball on property in Tenn.3/11/2013
  Q: I have been trying to find information on an Iron ( soft metal)ball that I found on a piece of ...
  A: Bill: Okay. First, iron is not very soft. In fact it is pretty brittle. So we need to figure out ...
War items3/7/2013
  Q: I am trying to get someone to price some amazing items from World War I and II. I have in my ...
  A: Teresa: The first thing is to get some photographs of the items. For the films getting the company ...
Bastogne, involved units3/7/2013
  Q: Mr Patton, I am researching my father's unit in WW2 and I can provide the following info: Company ...
  A: Steve: At the time the Germans attacked, Patton was orderd to sent CCB (Combat Command B) to ...
British artillery shell3/6/2013
  Q: I am hoping to identify an item that I think originates from the WW1 period or earlier. It is an ...
  A: In all likelihood you have the projectile from a 1 pounder pom pom anti aircraft gun. The ...
BAYONETS2/28/2013
  Q: COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME INFORMATION ON THESE. I HAVE HAD THEM FOR 45 YEARS & DONT KNOW ANYTHING ...
  A: Larry: At first glance, they are all German bayonets of the M1871/84 model and design. It was one ...
Badges2/25/2013
  Q: I have a picture of him in uniform with badges. Where can I go to get info. on them? Picture is to ...
  A: Kim: First send me a copy of the picture, it would help to see where they are worn on the uniform. ...
Trench art cannon shells2/24/2013
  Q: I purchased two trench art cannon shells in France this week and would really like to find out some ...
  A: Greg: You appear to have one older cartridge th 90mm from a gun that were first fielded in the late ...
ww2,the meaning2/18/2013
  Q: In the European Theater of Operations USA,in 1943, what were the qualifications of the G-2 ...
  A: Adelaide: While I could not find a listing of specific qualifications for G-2 I have read a number ...
Military History2/18/2013
  Q: I have 2 shell cases that were made into trench art. They have handles one side and rests on other ...
  A: They are 18 pdr casing from the British 18pdr field gun. See this link for more detail of the ...
hi again2/7/2013
  Q: oh, im sorry, its me again. i forgot, i wanted to ask you that if i sanded it and refinished it, it ...
  A: Skylor: It is impossible to say who fired it. If you have more on the provenance...that is who ...
Identifying a ww2 weapon2/6/2013
  Q: so i have a weapon that was dropped out of airplanes in WW2 by the thousands, and they are about ...
  A: Ryan: Can you send me a picture? Send it to keithhpatton at hotmail dot com. Off the top of my ...
Civil War2/5/2013
  Q: I am working on a research project and I have a few questions. My research is based on the time ...
  A: William: It really depends on what area you are talking about. By that, I mean guns were not ...
Napoleon cannonball2/2/2013
  Q: I have a napoleon cannonball it weighs 12 pounds and I was wondering what it may be worth. I have ...
  A: MIchele: Correctly, you have a 12lb solid shot from the 12 Pound Model 1857 Field gun, commonly ...
mortar shell identification2/1/2013
  Q: I have a mortar round approx 4 1/4 " long x 2 1/2 inches diameter. It appears to be solid iron, with ...
  A: Carol: First, it isn't a mortar shell, it is an artillery projectile. Mortar bombs usually carry ...
howitzer shell2/1/2013
  Q: i have a howitzer shell,and i was hoping you could tell me aboutit. it's dimensions are 14"x3", and ...
  A: Can you send a picture? Its a french 75 mm field gun casing. The 75 is the size...75 mm and the ...
Close-range wound patterns for early 19th-century RMLs1/31/2013
  Q: I know that muzzle-loading guns like blunderbusses and musketoons relied more on the spread of shot ...
  A: Gil: It had always been my impression that the blunderbusses were made with the flared barrel, more ...
Musket South Africa1/29/2013
  Q: I hope you can help. A friend of mine discovered a musket on an old farm in South Africa. It has a ...
  A: Without a bit more information it is hard to say much. Birmingham produces a lot of muskets over ...
WWI artillery shell?1/26/2013
  Q: I have a beautiful artillery shell that has been meticulously hammered to bring a ...
  A: Lou: Just a quick glance tells me it is from the famous 75 mm field gun produced by the french. ...
American Tactics before WWII1/21/2013
  Q: I was wondering about what kind of tactics that America used before we entered into WWII.
  A: Noah: Interesting question. First thing you have to understand is the makeup of the US military ...
bayonets1/21/2013
  Q: I have multiple bayonets from my father & grandfather which I believe are from the civil war, WWI ...
  A: The first one is the US Mk II Utility Knife. It is of the same pattern as the Marine Corp K-bar ...
1927 5" 51 Cal1/15/2013
  Q: Sir, Yesterday I acquired a brass Cartridge. It weighs 23lbs and 3oz. The markings on the bottom ...
  A: Robert: A little clarification. Everything you your reported is accurate. The 5 inch is the bore ...
Report of seperation1/7/2013
  Q: My Dad served in the 67th ORD Co. according to his Report of Separation. His date of induction was ...
  A: Kathy: Your dad served in the Asia Pacific Theater (APT) which included New Guinea-Australia. I ...
Ordinance - Shell Casing1/6/2013
  Q: I have a shell casing, solid brass, weight about 13#. The inside diameter is 8-1/2", the rim ...
  A: Barry: I'm stumped on this one. The 8.5 inch diameter you report, comes out to 216 mm a decidedly ...
Book1/2/2013
  Q: is there a book that talks about technologies that we are using on our daily lives that are derived ...
  A: Jackie: I don't know of a book, but there are articles: ...
Military Trunk12/30/2012
  Q: I have a trunk that was passed down through family and I would like to learn anything more about ...
  A: Heather: What you have is a trunk used to store and transport a tent. The Rice Stix Dry Goods ...
Adna R. Chaffee, Jr. as Army Chief of Staff12/22/2012
  Q: Mr. Patton, While President Roosevelt had in mind George C. Marshall to be his new Army Chief of ...
  A: Charles: First, I am not sure that Roosvelt had any intention of appointing junior officers over ...
WWI dog tag information12/16/2012
  Q: My grandfather served in the US Army in WWI. He most probably volunteered as he was a Norwegian. He ...
  A: Eivind: I doubt he was drafted, since that was community based and he would not have been on any of ...
springfield armory12/10/2012
  Q: I have a Springfield armory 30-06 model 1903 with serial number 910684. When was this made? Any ...
  A: Art: The serial number you have, 910684 indicates it was from the production run in 1918. It is ...
WWI artillery11/24/2012
  Q: I'm writing a book on my grandfather's time in the NY National Guard during the Mexican Punitive ...
  A: Pamela: The army usually fielded different guns for different purposes. A brigade of Artillery ...
sword?10/19/2012
  Q: Dont know what this is no markings at all. worth? Thanks, David
  A: I found a similar item on Worthpoint. No price though: M1941 US Cutlass/Sword by Milsco w/Scabbard ...
history of military jazz bands10/18/2012
  Q: my name Edward Topol, I'm professional Russian writer (Red Square, Submarine U-137, etc.). I'm ...
  A: Are you looking specifically for Army Jazz bands of that era, or are you including the USO - United ...
Steel, Hexagon Shell Casing10/1/2012
  Q: Mr. Patton, I wrote you about this steel hexagon shell casing about two weeks ago. You asked for ...
  A: Two of your pictures came through. They reinforced my opinion that the shape was someone's attempt ...
shell9/1/2012
  Q: i have a 5inch , 21 inch long shell from 1969 , serial number 479504k lansc0 what is it?
  A: Can you send me a picture? From the sounds of it, without seeing it, it is probably a 5 inch naval ...
WWI Bayonet8/13/2012
  Q: I have a butchers bayonet that is made by CG Haenel Suhl. The blade length is 14 1/2 inches and ...
  A: Tevor: The "butcher" bayonet was the most numerous one used in WWI. It came in several versions, ...
Cannon Ball8/5/2012
  Q: I have what I believe to be a cannon ball. It weighs 16 lbs, is about 4.5" in diameter with about ...
  A: Pete: The only safety concerns is if you drop it on your foot...lol. Sadly there were no 16 ...
Cannon Ball?8/4/2012
  Q: I have what appears to be a solid shot cannon ball that I found in the woods when I was a child in ...
  A: Melinda: You have what would be called a 4 pounder cannon shot. The weight and diameter correspond ...
NGF gunsight? Periscope? A sight of some sort?8/4/2012
  Q: Keith - This was given to me by man who served in WWII/Pearl Harbor. What is it? Submarine part? ...
  A: I don't have a definitive answer. It does not appear to have the necessary adjustments that a gun ...
world war 2 history of what if's7/30/2012
  Q: What would happen if the United states had nuclear weapons in 1940?
  A: Jake: Its a n interesting what if, but brings to light a lot of inconsistencies that really just ...
Bayonets7/23/2012
  Q: I have recently acquired a type 30 Japanese bayonet. It has no markings and has the remnants of ...
  A: Paul: You say that it has no serial number. Is it of the rectangular guard and squarish rounded ...
Cannonball?7/11/2012
  Q: This about 3 inch diameter steel ball was found in a field in south central texas. Is it a ...
  A: Based on what you describe it could be a shell. A solid ball would be a shot. A shell was filled ...
Need Help Identifying Field Equipment7/6/2012
  Q: I went to an estate sale and bought a pile of what I thought was 6 WWII cots in bad shape - for one ...
  A: Joe: First, as you probably know, the military has a habit of marking their stuff pretty well with ...
Artiilery Shell-WWI-Trench Art7/5/2012
  Q: I'm trying to obtain information about an artillery shell that was turned into "trench art" and I ...
  A: Richard: I found this DVD on Amazon, you might be able to find it on Amazon US. I didn't check. ...
Shoulder scales epaulettes7/5/2012
  Q: I am trying to identify country and time these belong to. I deciphered the monogram as J I F but I ...
  A: Dmiti: I think the last letter is a T. Second looks like an I, and the first another T. So the ...
WW2 Grenade5/9/2012
  Q: Can you tell me about the Soviet F1 grenade and how it affected the war
  A: The Soviet F1 or limonka (little lemon) was similar in design to the American Mk II fragmentation ...
Cannon Identification5/5/2012
  Q: I need help identifying this cannon This is what I know. I purchased the cannon recently from an ...
  A: Bob: Are there any markings on the cannon? Judging from its size It appears to be a signal ...
cousins death5/2/2012
  Q: I have been trying to find more info. on my cousins death during ww2. His name is PFC Leroy B. ...
  A: Tommy: Probably the only way you could find out for sure is to try to get access to the after ...
WW1 Trench Art Shell4/29/2012
  Q: We bought it is Germany about 25 years ago from a small back street junk shop. It is a thick metal ...
  A: Heather: A few corrections of terminology. First, although the term "shell" is often used ...
is it a shell casing4/19/2012
  Q: I have what people tell me is a military shell casing for a big gun or navy artillary battery, i not ...
  A: Glenn: It could be. Can you send a picture? Most artillery cartriges had a lip, or at least a ...
Bayonet4/15/2012
  Q: I recently got a bayonet at a swapmeet, and I do not know what type of gun it fits. It looks like ...
  A: If the bayonet has a hole in it that fits into a lug on the sheath in order to turn it into a sort ...
Sherman Tank shaped charge AT round.4/14/2012
  Q: I have read that the 75mm Sherman Tank cannon was supplied with a shaped charge anti-tank round in ...
  A: The 105mm armed Sherman Assault tanks, our equivalent to the German Assault guns, were provided with ...
Battle of St. Mihiel4/5/2012
  Q: I have a metal plate that has the YD for Yankee Division engraved on the front and St Mihiel Sept. ...
  A: The Yankee Division was the 26th Infantry Division. It looks like this was probably a battlefield ...
Brass Shell 75 mm Shell casing4/1/2012
  Q: I found an old casing from my grandfather. I was wondering what a brief history of this type of ...
  A: I thought I had answered this one. But here goes. The shell sounds like a momento of the war. The ...
small cannon ball4/1/2012
  Q: 20 years ago, I dug up a totally encrusted, misshapen, round, iron ball during construction in Costa ...
  A: Don: It could be a 4lb cannon ball. Considering the size and weight, it comes close to the specs ...
bass cannon ball3/30/2012
  Q: i found a brass 20 lbs cannon ball with 2 holes on top an has the markings off official a.a.uof the ...
  A: Bobby: They never made brass cannon balls. Cannon balls were solid iron, or hollow iron shells ...
Patton lineage3/29/2012
  Q: Sir: Do you have info on your Patton lineage? There is considerable Patton ancestry in my family ...
  A: Steve: As a matter of fact, my family, has been firmly rooted in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia ...
Artillery projectile3/21/2012
  Q: Can you identify what kind of weapon this projectile came from? It measures 4" x 9 1/4" approx.
  A: A few questions. Does the projectile appear to be solid? Does the tip, appear to contain a fuse, a ...
WWI Artillery Shell3/18/2012
  Q: My name is Regina and I am emailing you regarding what I believe is a World War I mortar shell my ...
  A: Regina: Okay, lets clear up some terminology first. A mortar is considered a bomb. It has fins on ...
helmet pic3/14/2012
  Q: just another pic from Morgan
  A: I bought a house from a guy and when I was walking through it I noticed a helmet in rusted condition ...
Japanese WW2 helmet and markings3/14/2012
  Q: I have this Japanese helmet my grand uncle brought back from the Pacific Theater after the Japanese ...
  A: Morgan: First thing to notice is the Imperial Star has been removed. It would go where the slot is ...
u.s.m.c marked trunk3/2/2012
  Q: Greetings Mr. Patten, If everything goes right and you receive the picture of the trunk, can you ...
  A: David: This looks to be a "crate" style lockerbox (Marine jargon for what the Army called a foot ...
cannon ball3/1/2012
  Q: I have what i think is a cannon ball that i found in a friends attic.I would like to know if it is a ...
  A: Go to the link below to see a table of shot diameters, circumferences, and weights. As you can see, ...
cannon ball3/1/2012
  Q: I think i have a cannon ball but not sure what time period it is from it has a seam around it and on ...
  A: Dave: The weight is not right. Weights were even, 2, 4, 6, 12, 16 lbs. The cannon bore tended to ...
Military2/28/2012
  Q: I am attaching a photo of my Uncle (on the left) in a military uniform. He immigrated from Romania ...
  A: Pauline: Yes it is a uniform from the period of WWI. A few observations. Your uncle and his ...
Uniform Era?2/23/2012
  Q: This picture is in a family album. I'm hoping to identify the era to help identify the relative. ...
  A: Jim: It looks decidedly European. The Uniform puts him in the Cavalry, the high boots give that ...
Infantry insignia2/15/2012
  Q: I am Trying to find what the units title was that had "CR" between the barrels of the infantry ...
  A: David: The crossed musket collar badge was originated in 1875. They were used through the 50's as ...
WW1 75 MM Shell casing2/14/2012
  Q: i have some trench art i think is from WW1 i was wondering what the marking on the bottom mean 75 ...
  A: Clint: You have a case made for a French 75 mm field gun. The case was made in the US for use in ...
World War 1 trunk2/14/2012
  Q: what is the age and value for this trunk. See pictures
  A: Tom: Judging by the Quartermaster's stamp it is a World War II trunk not WWI as stated in you ...
WWII Jet Aircraft2/9/2012
  Q: I wonder if you might be able to help me. I am a researcher at the BBC in London tasked with ...
  A: Stuart: The facts you have stated, are pretty much what I am familiar with. The unreliability of ...
Bengal Light Infantry Item2/7/2012
  Q: I recently acquired this item and I am not really sure what it is. It reminds me of a belt buckle ...
  A: Sue: This appears to be a buckle made for clips, rather than a conventional belt. The loops being ...
Battle of Berlin2/3/2012
  Q: What was it like when the Russians attack the last Reichstag?
  A: Here is a passage from wikipedia: By the next day, 30 April, the Soviets had solved their bridging ...
cannon ball shot1/31/2012
  Q: I recently purchased what I thought was a cannon ball from an estate sale in Perrysburg, Ohio near ...
  A: Suzan: I just got a similar question about another "estate sale" item. If you aren't aware, a lot ...
US Army Indian Trade Axe/Tomahawk1/25/2012
  Q: I recently bought what appears to be a trade axe at an estate sale. This gentleman had lots of ...
  A: First, the stripes are part of the wood grain, probably tiger maple or burly maple. That alone ...
military foot locker1/18/2012
  Q: Mr. Patton, i recently recieved a foot locker from someone. they were moving out and did not want it ...
  A: If it is Olive Drab, it is most likely army issue. Remember that the army is a bureacracy and paper ...
Captain Phillip Reiter1/16/2012
  Q: Please e-mail me any information about Phillip Reiter. He was a Captain in the Prussian Cavalry. I ...
  A: Marvin: Finding German Military records All personnel rosters and card indices (Stammrollen und ...
Hill 1051/7/2012
  Q: My dad was killed on Hill 105 and visited there in 2010. I may had info for you but I 'm not a good ...
  A: Keith, Good evening and thanks for not forgetting me. You are more than welcome to pass my info ...
1905 C.G. Haenel Bayonet12/23/2011
  Q: I've been reading a lot of inquiries about bayonets similar to mine, but I have one specific ...
  A: The 127th Regiment was in the 27th (2nd Royal Wurttemberg) Division. It gets confusing as the ...
info on a cannon ball12/20/2011
  Q: I am trying to find out any information on a cannon ball my father in law found when he was a boy in ...
  A: Marie: First you need to weigh and measure the diameter of the ball. Guns were categorized by ...
Help finding out my grandfathers Gun12/19/2011
  Q: My Grandfather was in the navy Stationed on the USS ALCOR AD-34. Well they captured some japanese ...
  A: Zach: I hate to be discouraging, but there is probably little if any hope of finding the gun. ...
Helicopter12/12/2011
  Q: Hi, I am fish. Why are helicopters so important in air assaults? To me, they are slow and vulnerable ...
  A: Fish: A couple of things. First, roping down from a helicopter is done only by small teams of ...
Battle of Thermopylae12/12/2011
  Q: I'm doing a Historical Investigation for my IB History class and my Research Question that I came up ...
  A: Andrew: The Battle of the Hot Gates was a tactical defeat for the Greeks, but a strategic victory. ...
recruitment & Training in Detroit12/5/2011
  Q: I am researching for a novel and need details of where someone would report to be recruited into ...
  A: Andrew: During the buildup for WWII, first a young man would get his induction notice from his ...
WWI German soldier11/28/2011
  Q: For the past four years I have been researching my family history with some wonderful success. I ...
  A: Michelle: A number of things can be gleaned from the picture. First, the laynard on his shoulder ...
World War II and Airplanes11/22/2011
  Q: I was wondering if you would answer some of my questions. I am doing a project on how airplanes made ...
  A: Elizabeth: As you know, the airplane first made its appearance in a military role in WWI. As with ...
Hamel Battle of WW111/11/2011
  Q: Por favor me! (sorry for using spanish) Please help me! Sabrina
  A: Sabrina: The Battle of Hamel was known for a number of firsts. It was the first action taht saw ...
U. S. Navy Sword11/8/2011
  Q: I have a sword with a 26 inch blade, a brass hand guard that is a solid piece that covers the entire ...
  A: Michael: From the general description it sounds like you have a Model 1860 Naval Cutlass. The ...
John Wood10/28/2011
  Q: Keith - have read several books re: George Patton and am intriqued about how the 3rd Army let alone ...
  A: Sam: I recall reading a somewhat detailed account of Wood's troubles, in a book, but cannot recall ...
possible ww1 military pin10/11/2011
  Q: A fellow metal detector enthusiast friend in France found this pin and I was hoping you could ...
  A: Brian: You don't state the size, so I can't be sure it isn't a hat or lapel pin. I doubt it is a ...
RFA Rifle10/2/2011
  Q: My dad has a rifle which we believe is from WW1, attached to it is a circular dis (the size of a ten ...
  A: I looked around. What you may have is a Martini Enfield Rifle. The disk is in the lower left ...
Battle Casualty Report WWII9/28/2011
  Q: First of all, thank you for what you do. My dad was killed 2 Sep 1944 in WWII. He was assigned to ...
  A: Dave: I assume you meant to type, 38th Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, you wrote 2nd Infantry ...
Seeking Info on Artillery9/24/2011
  Q: Can you please tell me anything about the artillery in the photos attached to this article: ...
  A: Susan: They are the figment of some creative welders imagination. They are not real artillery ...
8mm Mauser9/20/2011
  Q: I have a 8mm mauser and the only 3 I can find is D 934 and 9729 w/Y under it on the bolt. Any info ...
  A: Any chance you could send a picture? There have been so many Mausers built under contract, that one ...
Best Military Deals in History9/19/2011
  Q: I work for a television production company in Minneapolis and we are working on a television pitch ...
  A: Meghan: Here are a few: The Pentagon. The Pentagon was a great military deal. Gen. Lesley ...
Bayonet9/18/2011
  Q: My father has a bayonet he says my grandfather brought back from WW1. We know he was overseas May 7 ...
  A: Debbie: It is probably a battlefield pick up or liberated from a prisoner. The Saw Back bayonet ...
WWII12th Infantry9/17/2011
  Q: Did the 12th infantry include some 82nd Airborne Artillery? I was told that my uncle was in the 82nd ...
  A: The answer could be in that the 12th Infantry landed at Utah, and was charged with linking up with ...
187th rct9/13/2011
  Q: My dad was in the 187th "E' co.Made both jumps behind enemy lines, his records were destroyed in the ...
  A: First you don't state when he was in the 187th, WWII, Korea or Viet Nam. If you could provide that ...
medieval swords/rapiers9/11/2011
  Q: I am trying to find out the origin of the etchings on 2 swords/rapiers I have from what looks to be ...
  A: Jackie: The type of sword is a bit out of my area of expertise and without photos, there isn't much ...
Small Cannonballs?9/10/2011
  Q: I have a couple of items that I believe may be cannonballs but I am hoping you will be able to tell ...
  A: A lot of metal spheres are being passed off as cannon balls to the unsuspecting public. A lot of ...
WW casing8/10/2011
  Q: I have 3 Big casings. Two you can take the top off. There is brass and copper on all 3. On the ...
  A: Valerie: What you have are one piece fixed artillery cartidge. They are called fixed due to the ...
Coastal Artillary site in NJ8/9/2011
  Q: I visited a county park today in Middletown, NJ. There were the remains of Bunkers and Batteries for ...
  A: Ron: It was probably Ft. Hancock or Ft. Miles. Hancock is in Middleton. ...
army box7/22/2011
  Q: //en.allexperts.com/q/Military-History-669/2011/5/wooden-ammo-box.htm theres a photo there, i just ...
  A: My answer was it was most likely a box for storing and transporting an instrument such as an optical ...
Ancient Cannons7/17/2011
  Q: Is it possible that any type of cannon (time period from development to about the 18th century)to ...
  A: Ben: The idea would be impractical. Early Cannon were expensive, big and heavy and to some extent ...
WW2 Browning7/12/2011
  Q: Good afternoon. All I know about this is that it's a Browning that was brought back by my ...
  A: Kyle: This is a Belgian Browning Model 1900. On the slide you can see the word "Belgique" ...
American Military History7/7/2011
  Q: Why were the colonials successful in King Philip's War? What were some of the major personalities ...
  A: Mavis: King Phillip's War was a pivotal conflict in the colonization of Northern New England. The ...
Shell Identification7/2/2011
  Q: I have just been given these 2 shell casings and I was wondering what date they are from and if they ...
  A: What country do you live in? Describe the dimensions. Not having much information, what you have ...
Simson SUHL Bayonet6/28/2011
  Q: I have a Sawback Bayonet with a Crowned "W 16" with a Crown under that. I think that was the King ...
  A: The tables on this page might help you. ...
fake cannonball?6/26/2011
  Q: I have a 2.5 lbs metal ball that i belive to be a cannon ball and a very old cannon ball at that. It ...
  A: Kaden: I am not aware of cannon balls in the weight you describe. Cannon balls were usually of ...
Helmet Identification6/9/2011
  Q: Sir, I have just been given a steel liner which i believe to be post world war II American style. It ...
  A: Try this site: ...
bayonet6/6/2011
  Q: I have a bayonet that looks like the blade is upside down,about a foot long.It has a wooden handle ...
  A: Could you send me a picture? A few questions first too. You say the blade looks upside down, is ...
bayonet id6/6/2011
  Q: i have a young boy who is collecting various military items. A friendly neighbor gave him a boynet ...
  A: Gina: Any chance you could send a picture? If not you might start by having him look through this ...
wooden ammo box5/30/2011
  Q: I have a wooden ammo box german I believe. It is a natural wood color and has the reinforced corners ...
  A: Kathy: Could you by chance provide a few pictures of the labels? The military tended to pack ...
Swiss army type knife5/26/2011
  Q: Keith, I have a very old knife that has all the kinds of attachments that a swiss army knife would ...
  A: Barbara: Okay a bit of back story. The "Swiss Army Knife" was first made in Switzerland for the ...
brass cannon ball5/23/2011
  Q: lie the women 4lb brass ball, yesterday i had bought one that 20-25lbs! two plugs in this, one ...
  A: John: It sounds like the one you have is a shell. The two holes, are for filling the ball with ...
1915 Erfurt Rax 98 Rifle5/20/2011
  Q: I recently acquired this rifle at an auction, it is all original with it's original parts, I have ...
  A: Benedict: Here is a link to a similar gun put up for auction. If yours has matching serial numbers ...
GERMAN HELMET5/13/2011
  Q: I RECENTLY RECEIVED A GERMAN HELMET MY GRANDFATHER BROUGHT HONE FROM WORLD WAR II AFTER SERVING IN ...
  A: This should help. http://www.german-helmets.com/HEER%20MAIN.htm ...
WW2 tin helmets5/5/2011
  Q: I understand the reason for the FWW British tin helmet, the men being in trenches with shrapnel ...
  A: The Brodie helmet designed and patented by John Bodie in 1915 was adopted as protective head gear by ...
57th Field Artillery and 7th Signal Company in Korea WWII5/3/2011
  Q: My neighbor Lt John J Hennessey was in the 57th FA and 7th Sig Co during WWII in Korea. We are ...
  A: Jim: First, you say he served in both WWII and Korea with the two units you list. I am assuming he ...
m2 carbine4/29/2011
  Q: I inherited an m2 carbine from my uncle who served in Korea and supposedly shipped it to himself ...
  A: Sandra: The M2 Carbine you have may not even be legal for you to own without a special permit since ...
British Napoleonic field artillery-1814-war of 18124/17/2011
  Q: How many officers,sgts.,cpls,chosen men(l/cpls),mattrosses etc.per 3or 4 gun unit?What did a ...
  A: British artillery of the era was organized into brigades of six pieces, this was changed to ...
Pearl Harbor Question4/16/2011
  Q: Q: Why did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor? Were there any warning signs they received/ how were ...
  A: Jordan: The US put a scrap steel and oil embargo on Japan due to their agression in China. Japan ...
1950 Schmidt Rubin k37 - 7.5 Swiss Rifle4/13/2011
  Q: serial #956564- matches-on 6 shot clip ,barrel and paper hidden in stock ,no cracks in stock, wear ...
  A: The gun is a k-31. In Europe, their 1's look like 7's, with the tail on the left being ...
shell NGF4/12/2011
  Q: Keith, Can you identify this NGF shell end that was made into an ash tray. The base diameter is 4 ...
  A: Sounds like it is probably a cut down 105 mm shell casing. The base of the 105 was 4 3/16 inches in ...
Fort Robinson/Ft. Patrick Henry4/10/2011
  Q: I am a native of Kingsport, TN the supposed location of both Fort Robinson and Ft. Patrick Henry. ...
  A: Steve: You seem to have more information than I could provide. I can however tell something that ...
Cannonball4/10/2011
  Q: 12 Lbs. approx. 13" around has a # 1 on it, it has a small shield with GLL or CLL inside of the ...
  A: Dennis: I forgot the picture it is now attached. As a rule, lead was not commonly used to make ...
Artillery Shell Casing4/6/2011
  Q: I recently found a 75mm x 351mm? Field Gun shell casing in a house built in the 1920s that we ...
  A: Lan: The shell casing is from a 75mm Field Gun. This would have been the French 75mm gun, since ...
What do the marking codes on a U. S. Navy cartridge shell stand for?4/5/2011
  Q: I am looking for some information that would indicate what the codes refer to on the bottom of a 5" ...
  A: Since the old 5" 38 Caliber was the mainstay secondary armament on all capital ships and main ...
old knive info .please help id3/31/2011
  Q: I have a old millitary knife with name and id # stamped on the handle , i would like to know "how ...
  A: Toby: To be honest, I can't tell you much. I could find no trace of a Bimmick company, which ...
Exploding Cannonball3/27/2011
  Q: Keith, I picked this Iron ball up the other day in the attic of an estate sale. The ball ...
  A: It looks like what they called a shell. Remember the phrase "shot and shell"? Shot were solid ...
Weapons Question3/25/2011
  Q: What kind of weapon is leading this guy?
  A: What you might see is a pepper ball gun. It uses balls similar to those used in paintball, but ...
Revolvers3/21/2011
  Q: when did the Schofield model 3 first become available for purchase by US law enforcement, how much ...
  A: This is a bit out of my area of expertise, but I was able to glean a bit out of the history of the ...
WWII 38th Infantry Regiment‏3/19/2011
  Q: I was hoping you may be able to help me...I am looking for reports for the 38th from Dec 18-22 1944. ...
  A: Lynn: I added a map... It helps if you know a bit about the organization of the US Army in WWII. ...
medieval weapons3/12/2011
  Q: Patton, My name is Victor Yang and I am working on a project for the gifted and talented program. ...
  A: 1. Which was more powerful, a torsion or non torsion-catapult? Torsion was superior to tension as a ...
WW1 bayonet3/11/2011
  Q: I have a bayonet, I am assuming is wwi era. It is 25.5 in. in overall length, 20.5 in. being the ...
  A: Adam: Without a picture, I can't tell much. Check the following site and see if you can match the ...
Battle of Passaro3/4/2011
  Q: Noting your interest (2008) in this naval battle, I wonder whether you can explain (a)whether Byng's ...
  A: As you probably know, the action stemmed from an agreement between England, France and Holy Roman ...
carriages on totating platforms3/3/2011
  Q: in your very exhaustive answers to Mike about "Cannon 24pounder" you have linked to an image of an ...
  A: Gianfranco: To be honest, I don't know. It might be that for display purposes, they simply sat a ...
Cannonball or not2/27/2011
  Q: I recently acquired this ball and was told it is a civil war cannonball. something bothers me about ...
  A: Bill: the weight is too light for its size to be a solid shot. If there is not a threaded fuze ...
military tactics2/26/2011
  Q: How did war tactics change from WWII and now?
  A: Adam: I think you are confusing tactics and doctrine. First a few definitions. Strategy is how ...
1903 Rock Island Arsenal Rifle2/25/2011
  Q: Your help is most greatly appreciated! My question is related to my 1903 RI Arsenal .30-.06 caliber ...
  A: Ronald: I think you are referring to the problems they had with single heat treating of the ...
3 inches cannon ball2/21/2011
  Q: i have a 3.16 dia cannon ball,found by a diver friend in the st-laurence river in canada.it have ...
  A: Mario: Standard cannon ball diameters and weight for British shot are: 4lb - 3.05 inches 6lb - ...
Battles fought Italian 6th Army & 3rd "Lombardia" cavalry Division2/21/2011
  Q: Could someone please give me some information or tell me where I can find it concerning my ...
  A: Serafino: The Italian Sixth Army fought on Sicily in opposition to Operation Husky. Here is an ...
3" Confederate cannon ball2/15/2011
  Q: I received a dug 3" cannon ball from a old Civil war collector. It measures 3 1/8" approximately and ...
  A: Kevin: Yes and yes. I have seen questions and been asked questions about brass cannon balls. By ...
Small Cannon Ball?2/12/2011
  Q: We recently found a small metal ball in my grandfather's garage. Its about 2 in in diameter and ...
  A: Joe: Not knowing the exact provenance, it may be hard to determine it is is a cannon shot or not. ...
Help with a Patch2/11/2011
  Q: Please help me to indentify a patch. I believe it to be rare and a WW II patch. It was my ...
  A: Lisa: You don't say what nationality your father was. The patch is not a US Army Divisional Patch. ...
co. 862 aviation battalion2/9/2011
  Q: I have a picture of my grandfather basic graduation pic. It states co.b 862e engineer aviation ...
  A: Anthony: The Engineer Aviation Battalion was the US Army equivilent to the Navy Seabees. They main ...
Battle of Waterloo2/8/2011
  Q: Are the names of the English/Irish casualties recorded and if so, where? I have an Irish relative ...
  A: Here are some links to rolls listing medals and officer casualties for waterloo: ...
bayonet2/7/2011
  Q: i have a bayonet, supposedly from WW1. the blade is 11 3/4 inches long and 14mm wide. the cross ...
  A: Dylan: I'll need a picture to really help you with identifying it. I doubt that the guard doubled ...
APO locator WW22/7/2011
  Q: How do I learn where a WW2 APO address took the mail? For example I've ltrs that went to APO 713 ...
  A: Check this list. http://www.7tharmddiv.org/docrep/main-apos.htm This site has a link at the top to ...
514th FA- Batry A- Battle of the Bulge2/5/2011
  Q: My Father was a SGT in the Army and survived the The Battle of the Bulge. Through many months of ...
  A: Linda: Here is the response I gave to another fellow looking for info on the 514th. With regard to ...
cannons2/1/2011
  Q: I have found what i believe to be a cannon. It was found by my metal detector ,its made of steel and ...
  A: Noel: From the looks of it, if it was buried, it isn't steel, it is most likely bronze which is an ...
William Rosewarne Miller Captain USMC 097371/28/2011
  Q: My Dad officially entered the war 1 Feb 1942 after his training at Quantico,Va (Artillery Class). ...
  A: Cathleen: Thank you for your father's service. I found that on Okinawa he had risen to commanding ...
Western Europe WWII Air Tactics1/25/2011
  Q: Mr. Patton, In Cooper's book "Death Traps" the author - who was a WWII veteran with the 3AD in ...
  A: Dallas: I meant to say I read the book Death traps too. Not Steel Coffins, that was another. KP ...
8mm sniper mauser1/19/2011
  Q: i was wondering if you could help me find more information on the mauser that i have, the bolt is ...
  A: Stephen: Have you determined the year make of your rifle? Are you sure it is Gewehr 98? There is ...
longbow1/18/2011
  Q: English longbows were dangerous in large formations raining fire down on massed enemy formations at ...
  A: Dante: I found some interesting info related to your question in an article on crossbows. The ...
Change of Watch1/14/2011
  Q: Can you give me a brief history of what the "Change of Watch" refers to?
  A: Dawn: In nautical terms, on a ship, the crew is divided into watches. Based on a twenty four hour ...
M91/8/2011
  Q: i have been told there are 6 different nomenclatures that are M9. i only know of 2. the M9 beretta ...
  A: The others are M9A1( Model 9)A1 Gas Mask M9 Helmet M9 Silhouette Heavy Tagboard Target M9 ACE ...
Cannon 24pounder.1/1/2011
  Q: Many years ago,I had the opportunity to sketch and measure a large cannon. Possibly from a Martello ...
  A: Mike: The Crown built over 100 Martellos in Ireland alone. The majority were built in the early ...
History project for school12/31/2010
  Q: Would you be able to answer questions on the Korean War? ANSWER: Yes. Ask away. Keith ---------- ...
  A: Tyler: Religion didn't have anything to do with the war. North and South Korea were separated at ...
question for 03-a312/17/2010
  Q: Keith H. Patton, your profile are striking, my question is : What is the distance that 03-a3 can ...
  A: Kanaan: A well maintained 03-A3 is accurate out to 2300 meters (1.4 miles) which is the maximum ...
Hautboist12/12/2010
  Q: I suppose a hautboistplayer is a musician. Found at birthcertificate from his son, fathers ...
  A: Henriette: A hautbois is a double reeded instrument of the Oboe family...hautbois...oboe similar ...
Fw 190 armament12/10/2010
  Q: was there any clear guideline or production type of the fw190 excluding the Dora that dictated if ...
  A: Dante: First the FW-190 was originally armed with 4 4.9 machine guns which was considered to be ...
Sailing Ship Artilary12/6/2010
  Q: Was there a device use to hold the cannon ballsstacked by the cannon, and what was it called?
  A: Some people will tell you it was called a monkey, and that was where the saying "Cold enough to ...
I D tank11/12/2010
  Q: Attached is a picture of the tank my late father in law drove in the 3rd armor in Europe in 1944. He ...
  A: Jeff: The tank shown in your picture is the M3 Medium tank. A lot of them were given to the Brits ...
514th Field Artillery Battalion WWII11/8/2010
  Q: The 514th Field Artillery Battalion came out of Ft.Lewis Washington,moved to Ft.Bragg and shipped ...
  A: Robert: According to this page: http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/usarmy/artillery.aspx ...
1871 us navy bayonet11/1/2010
  Q: I have in my posession a large bayonet with scabbard. One side of the blade (unsharpened)reads "1871 ...
  A: Joseph: The bayonet is an US Navy Sword Bayonet, manufactured by the Ames company. It was mad to ...
where was this camp10/30/2010
  Q: My grandfather taught judo @ this camp for the commandos he was with the Canadian RMRangers & Hasty ...
  A: Brent: According to info I found, the RM Rangers were based at Kamloops with units on Vancouver ...
WW?? bayonet info / worth10/29/2010
  Q: Patton, please tell me anything you know about the pictured bayonet. I've had it for many years and ...
  A: Michael: C.G. Haenel Waffen and Farhrradfabrick (Weapon and bicycle makers) were based in Suhl, ...
Fox Connor as Army Chief of Staff?10/28/2010
  Q: Mr. Patton, In 1930, President Hoover asked General Fox Connor to be his hext Army Chief of Staff. ...
  A: Charles: I'm not sure the Connor was a visionary in the area of Airpower. Coalition warfare maybe, ...
canon ball10/27/2010
  Q: While digging in my back yard this summer I found a crusted round metal ball. It`s exactly 2 inchs ...
  A: Rich: First, it sounds like you found a 2lb shot, which would date before the Civil War as these ...
old ammo box10/25/2010
  Q: My husband has had this old, what we think, is and ammo box. it is 20 1/2 inches long, 8 inches wide ...
  A: Pat: I doubt that the box was used for ammunition for a couple of reasons. First, ammunition ...
Adna R. Chaffee, Jr. & Jonathan Wainwright10/21/2010
  Q: Mr. Patton, First, thank you so much for answering my previous question. Secondly, in regards to ...
  A: Charles: With regard to Chaffee, I think he might have had to do through the same hard lessons that ...
faliase gap10/20/2010
  Q: Keith I'm in grade 8 and doing an assignment on the Falaise Gap and I need information 1)What ...
  A: Alex: That's my daughter's name, by the way, or Alexandra. The Mace was Hill 262 which held a ...
USS Billy Mitchell10/18/2010
  Q: My father was on this ship and remembers that he was sitting below a cannon when it was fired. When ...
  A: Terri: Yes, the AP-114 USS Mitchell did have guns. It was one of the General John Pope class AP ...
European Cmdr., WW210/15/2010
  Q: Mr. Patton, General Marshall sent Eisenhower to England to 'pave the way' for the eventual arrival ...
  A: Charles: Fredendall was on the list simply due to his interwar performance at the Command and ...
Telescope10/13/2010
  Q: I purchased a very old piece that previous owner described as a surveillance tool. It is marked ...
  A: Carola: K&E is an American company who specalized in surveying equipment. See below for more ...
Bayonet10/12/2010
  Q: How to idenify Wurttemberg bayonet? I have a Deutsche Maschinenfabrik A.G. Duisburg The sawback has ...
  A: During WWI the Allies made a big propaganda thing over the sawblade bayonets. It played into the ...
Kidderminster Town Hall Canon.England10/9/2010
  Q: I have a couple of old postcard of the above building and want to identify the canon in the photos. ...
  A: Roger: I looked around and the only photos of the town hall are devoid of any cannon. Do you know ...
AAA AW BN9/29/2010
  Q: can you tell me where the 460th AAA Aw Bn ,was in the ETO, during WW11? i have a copy of the unit ...
  A: David: A lot of histories do not elaborate on support units. Since they were an AAA unit, they ...
Red coat9/24/2010
  Q: I have this painting on board signed Sherburne. Trying to figure out if this man was an officer, the ...
  A: Chris: The officer is wearing his bicorn in the athwart style which was prevalent during the ...
Detail History of Bloody Gulch - Carentan 13th June 19449/23/2010
  Q: I now live in Auvers, France and have become intrigued with the battle of 'Bloody Gulch' on 13th ...
  A: John: First, Hill 30 refers to a hill that was 30 meters in elevation. So your best bet is to get ...
Korean Marine campaign ribbon9/21/2010
  Q: Would you be able to identify the attached ribbon? Also, how does one attempt to secure any ...
  A: Cynthia: I cannot find this ribbon in any of those authorized by the US Armed forces, nor is is ...
Vietnam War? Cuban MIssile Crisis9/19/2010
  Q: What are some major presidential decisions made either in the Vietnam war or during the cuban ...
  A: Ali: Kennedy made a the decision during the Cuban Missle crisis to blockade the island rather than ...
can a bullet penetrate a car?9/13/2010
  Q: I see so many hollywood movies and tv shows that show the impact of bullets on cars that seemingly ...
  A: Peter: Your observation is just another example of Hollywood ignoring the ballistics of firearms ...
19lb cannonball9/7/2010
  Q: heavy solid cannon ball. It weighs an odd 19.2lbs, has a circumference of 16". It was found on Cape ...
  A: Lisa: It sounds to be in the 18 pdr range. They had a nominal diameter of 5 inches or so which is ...
knives9/3/2010
  Q: been unable to find any info. on a hawkbill type folding knife stamped "pavo real" on one side and a ...
  A: Wendy_ You have a bilingual knife. Pavo Real means Peakcock in spanish. So it was made for the ...
identifying unusual cannon ball ?8/20/2010
  Q: Please can you help me identify what this is? It appears to be made of cast iron and has many ...
  A: Jackie: I have never heard of a ball like the one you have. The weight you describe would make it ...
WWII strategies8/15/2010
  Q: What were some strategies/tactics (other than strategic bombing and persistent strategy) that the ...
  A: The US and Britain both used unrestricted submarine warfare against both the Japanese and Germans. ...
Identification of a 3-inch cannon ball8/13/2010
  Q: I recently purchased a cannon ball in an antique store in California. It was listed as a "3-inch, ...
  A: George: A 4lb was 3.05 inches in diameter. A six pound shot was 3.49 inches in diameter. If you ...
unique hand weapon8/13/2010
  Q: I was wondering if you could identify a weapon that looks like a real weapon but was used in a ...
  A: Peter: Here is bulletin board devoted to your question. ...
WW II - Campaign Medals7/30/2010
  Q: My father was awarded the "European, African, and Middle Eastern Theater Service Medal" and he also ...
  A: Each Bronze star represents participation in a campaign in a specific theater. The theater ...
Hitler's Death7/27/2010
  Q: I have a question. Everything I have read about Hitler's death says that he shot himself while ...
  A: If my memory serves, it came from the accounts of Junior members of his staff, who attended the ...
maxin mg087/13/2010
  Q: I inharited this ww1 milarty weapon from a faimly member.The water tank has some rust, aiming sight ...
  A: Jerry: First, you will probably need to obtain the proper permit in order that you don't get busted ...
politics6/30/2010
  Q: are you a republican
  A: I'm an independent. My father served in the military for 30 years and fought in 2 wars, Korea and ...
stalingrad city lay out before battle6/22/2010
  Q: I have a small museum about Soviet WWII soldiers (http://redarmysoldier.info/) I recently visited ...
  A: Try the links and urls given here: ...
when the rifle was made6/6/2010
  Q: I have a U.S. Springfield Armory model 1903. Serial number 590969. And i was wondering when it was ...
  A: Paul: Your rifle was manufactured in 1914 by the Springfield Armory. My source is the Civilian ...
USMC Units WW15/29/2010
  Q: Reading about Belleau Wood and Cantigny I see that USMC companies (not the Army) have what seems to ...
  A: I can find no direct information regarding the reason for the numberic numbering of companies. ...
sword wounds5/25/2010
  Q: I am currently writing a story set during the American War of Independence, and one of my main ...
  A: Esther: Interesting question. I just was reading something about this, not so much the length of ...
DEFENCE BATTLES5/24/2010
  Q: I have to give a presentation on the Principles of Defensive Operations and would like to use ...
  A: Andrew: For number 1) the classic examples are the two campaigns in Russia, the best being the ...
Tactics in the World Wars!5/21/2010
  Q: Compare and contrast the Axis powers tactics with those of the Alliance. Please focus on tactics ...
  A: Lauren: First a disclaimer. This looks like a classroom question. I don't mind helping, but do ...
historical japanese swords5/15/2010
  Q: the original katana or japanese sword during the height of its artistic and quality era ( 970 - 1396 ...
  A: It is hard to put a general price on them since the desirability of them varys from maker to maker ...
gun info5/11/2010
  Q: i have a old rifle co hannel in suhl mfg. 1915 numbers on gun are 6836 g886 9083 7053 the last ...
  A: Bob: You more than likely have a Mauser. Since the Mauser Gewehr 98 was the main rifle used by ...
Me 2625/7/2010
  Q: what gun crew was first to shoot down a jet powered Me 262 ?
  A: Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I assumed you meant aircraft gun crew, not anti-aircraft. As ...
evolution of the cannon5/7/2010
  Q: I was wondering what cannon shot originally, and how it evolved to exploding devises. Thanks
  A: Kurt: The precursor of the cannon is attributed to be the fire lance. These eventually evolved ...
Military evolution5/5/2010
  Q: Good evening. I have a favour to ask yyou. can you please tell me in brief "What were the major ...
  A: Major Humayun: There were a number of advances in the military during the interwar period in all ...
Possible Cannonball find after a rain storm5/2/2010
  Q: As a kid in the seventies in Sherman, TX while playing in a creek (Sandy Creek) after a recent rain ...
  A: Jim: Cannon shot are normally measured two ways, by weight, or by diameter. A shot can be a 3 ...
found a small cannonball?4/29/2010
  Q: I live in Lancaster, PA and while extending my garden I dug up what appears to be a small ...
  A: Adam: This is probably a 2 lb shot from a two pounder gun. Most two pounders were obsolete by the ...
Old Brass cannon ball4/29/2010
  Q: Mr. Patton, I am in possession of a cannon ball that was found about 48-49 years ago on Padre Island ...
  A: Paul: Padre Island has a long history of conflict and ship wrecks. At least three spanish galleons ...
cannonball4/25/2010
  Q: I have a cannonball which was found on a farm along the licking river in grant county kentucky. It ...
  A: Doug: This is the most likely battle the ball came from. You cannot discount that it may have been ...
38th Infantry Regiment Company M4/21/2010
  Q: Am researching the KIA location of a friend's brother on August 14, 1944. War Department letters ...
  A: David: Your assumptions sound pretty spot on. The military labels hills by their elevation. So ...
sleeping at battle ground4/8/2010
  Q: how did de German and Russian troops sleep during the battle of Stalingrad because they were ...
  A: Koen: The battle lines at Stalingrad were not so small as you would imagine. Not only did the ...
WW24/7/2010
  Q: To what extent was Hitler's caution affect the outcomes of the invasion of France?
  A: Logan: This may or may not be a class assignment. The reason I mention it, is that context is ...
rifle4/7/2010
  Q: Hello i was woundering if you could help me figer out what type of rifle i have i beleive it is a ...
  A: Tyler: I would need a picture to make any kind of identification. Is it a bolt action? What ...
iraq war - any final assessment?4/2/2010
  Q: can there be any final assessment of the US military intervention of the iraq war 2003 invasion....? ...
  A: The initial invasion is 2003 was a classic example of a military invasion along multiple axes of ...
1871 bayonet3/28/2010
  Q: I have a bayonet I think is a 1871 model this is the info from a book I found. country: ...
  A: The bayonet you have was used not only in Europe but in its African Colonies as well. Soemtimes ...
Question regarding the first airplane landings after D-Day3/26/2010
  Q: Patton, I have previously contacted a researcher at the National WW2 Museum in New Orleans, but he ...
  A: Cindi: You say your veteran was a member of the 9th Squadron, Armored Division. I think he is ...
Soldiers3/24/2010
  Q: My great grandpa, fought in WW2, he recently died a few years ago, and he always sent me letters ...
  A: Katlyn: You need to find out the time frame. What I mean is when was he in the Wehrmacht, and when ...
11ith grade u.s. history3/22/2010
  Q: how was Admiral Holtzendorff important to world war 1?
  A: He was the German Admiral who convinced Kaiser Wilhelm to begin unrestricted submarine warfare ...
titanium body armor?3/19/2010
  Q: came across a story of russian special forces using titanium plates in their body armor in their ...
  A: Titanuim is light and it is expensive. Russia produces the most in the world. It is expensive to ...
U.S 45th Infantry Division during 19443/18/2010
  Q: I am currently writing a project about the American 45th Infantry Division and i would like to know ...
  A: Kristoffer: http://www.history.army.mil/documents/eto-ob/45ID-ETO.htm ...
Vietnam War / Conflict3/17/2010
  Q: I have some basic knowledge based on research that I have done, but I am trying to expand my ...
  A: Becky: There were a couple of reasons. The primary one was lack of political will on the part of ...
Holocaust3/16/2010
  Q: What were the different stages of the holocaust? How did the "Final Solution" evolve from previous ...
  A: Michael: I am not sure that the Final Solution was planned out from the beginning as it turned out, ...
www1 mustard gas shells3/15/2010
  Q: I'm a producer for a photographer and I'm hoping you might be able to help me with some information ...
  A: No images came through. You can send them to keithhpatton at hotmail dot com. It should be easy ...
Question about tank formations3/6/2010
  Q: Patton, Hello, sir. I was wondering if perhaps you could help me with this question, if it is not ...
  A: Julian: In the west, armored formations vary from army to army, but by in large they all use the ...
German Mauser3/4/2010
  Q: Can you tell me about a German Mauser with Swastika and W before 4 digit serial number. I have one ...
  A: Jim: I am going to make a a guess that you might have a Czech VZ24. It is a Mauser version of the ...
Avatar and correlations with the war against the Indians3/3/2010
  Q: Patton, I just read you answer to a question about tactics used during the civil war worked against ...
  A: Stefan: Good question. I thought about it myself after seeing the movie. One thing to remember is ...
Bradley saying.3/2/2010
  Q: "There goes your ball game,Pink" in this phrase:"Bradley turned to Bull(Pink), and said 'There goes ...
  A: Jan: That is what we refer to as an idiom, which is latin for "Special Phrasing". It is a word, or ...
confederate cannon ball3/2/2010
  Q: This ball I have has a visible seam it weight 12 1/4 lbs it dia. is 4 7/16 lbs and it has two #12 ...
  A: Don: The author of the article Finding Battery Positons at Wilson's Creek, Missouri is Carl G. ...
Korean War Cabinet3/2/2010
  Q: Patton, In a week or so I will head off to Taipei to be a part of WorldMUN. That's the biggest ...
  A: Aubrey: I am assuming by the name, that you are playing the part of the South Korean Minister of ...
ww12/24/2010
  Q: Hello my grandfather served in ww1 with the 118th infranty i have his "memoirs of my days in the ...
  A: My dad was in the USAF for 30 years. He got something similar issued to him from the units he ...
Civil War Training2/24/2010
  Q: Would a Civil War infantryman receive some sort of training on how to load and fire a cannon? I ...
  A: Considering how parochial the various arms were about their roles, I doubt that this was done. ...
Identify a Shell casing2/23/2010
  Q: Could you please identify the shell casing I have, on the bottom is stamped 75 DEC, and also ARS ...
  A: Paul: It would help to know the diameter of the cartridge mouth. It does not have the typical ...
Russian MIG 21 during the Cold War2/16/2010
  Q: I am doing a research paper on the MIG 21 and its effect on the Cold War between Russian and the ...
  A: Ian: 1) Internal Cannon, Center pylon mounted 16 rocket pod, drop tank or 250 kg bomb. Also a ...
How technology affected the outcome of World War 22/15/2010
  Q: I am an 8th grade student currently working on a year long studies project that requires me to get ...
  A: Matt: 1) The German panzer was not always superior to allied tanks and the Sherman in particular. ...
can you name this rifle?2/15/2010
  Q: can you identify this rifle? ( attachment )...
  A: It is a Mauser 98 Gewehr, Karbiner Kurz. In other words it is the short carbine version of the ...
Vietnam War2/13/2010
  Q: I'm Alex and I'm conducting a research project on the weapons and tactics of the Vietnam War. Last ...
  A: Alex: 1) Political will. We were never defeated on the battlefield. We never lost a major ...
artillery round2/6/2010
  Q: I have an all up,fixed,inert artillery shell my great uncle gave me 45 years ago. Starting at the ...
  A: Russell: The factory might have been in South Africa. Judging from your last name, this is ...
14th Base POST OFFICE1/28/2010
  Q: I have a STARS And stripes dated Jan 31 1944 There is stamp 14th Base POST OFFICE APO 887 and a ...
  A: I found a listing that has the 887 APO as being in France and England. ...
D Day1/26/2010
  Q: Where did the Allied forces gather just prior to D-Day?
  A: The troops assembled at embarcation points all along the length of southern Britain from The Thames ...
WWII APO location & war decorations1/13/2010
  Q: I am researching my father's participation in WWII. He was in Company "D" of the 65th Infantry ...
  A: The Term "Plant" was used to designate semi-permenant hospital facilities made of wooden buildings ...
Military Bayonet1/12/2010
  Q: My friend who served in Iraq got this knife after an exchange with a local there. I think it could ...
  A: Tommy: Cut and Paste the url below into your browser address line (right mouse button and high ...
NHD1/8/2010
  Q:
  A: Alex: Here are a couple of sites that have detailed information and pictures. ...
Mystery ammunition?1/6/2010
  Q: I am in Idaho and recently we found this strange object object in an area that was very sparsely ...
  A: Tim: You might be able to nail it down based on the stars on the projectile, but I could not find a ...
WWII1/4/2010
  Q: I am looking for information on Co. G., 311th Infantry. My grandfather was in this unit during ...
  A: The 311th Regiment was part of the 78th Division. It did not arrive in Europe until Nov. 27 1944 ...
Medieval two-handed swords, strength1/3/2010
  Q: I was wondering about what medieval two-handed swords were really like, as opposed to modern ...
  A: Ted: First, don't base your observations on "modern reconstructions". I collected some early ...
Getting the record straight buddy12/24/2009
  Q: I am an enthusiast of the history period spanning from WW1 to WW2 and read some your comments made ...
  A: Rick: First, if you intend to post on English language sites, then I would work on mastering the ...
APO 34312/15/2009
  Q: My father was in the 4th Ind Hq 8th Army APO 343 in 1945-46 and I am trying to locate any ...
  A: This was the APO number for the 8th Army. Each organization, Army, Corp, and Division had a ...
M4 Sherman Interview Questions for History Day Project12/4/2009
  Q: 1) How did the m4 sherman tank from WW2 change modern warfare forever? 2) How did the m4 sherman ...
  A: 1) I don't know that it did, but it did show that mass production (the soviet T-34 did the same ...
map12/2/2009
  Q: I have a map that lists the battle across europe.It has pictures of the general and others at the ...
  A: You don't say who the commander pictured is. It could be Woods or Gaffey. The reason is that ...
artillery shell12/2/2009
  Q: I have an old artillery shell that I found in my grandpa's garage years ago. It measures 6 inches ...
  A: The diameter, 6 inches converts to 15 cm which would make it a 155 X 725R casing from a 15 cm Kanone ...
Cannon Balls11/28/2009
  Q: I have what I think is a cannon ball from the Revolutionary War. My son dug it up years ago in the ...
  A: It looks like a iron cannon shot to me. An it appears that you have done enough home work to ...
BRASSCANNONBALL11/21/2009
  Q: I HAVE ONE ALSO MINE APPEAR TO HAVE ONLY ONE PLUG AREA SOMETHING RATTLES INSIDE ZND MINE APPEARS TO ...
  A: To my knowledge brass was not used for cannon balls. It was expensive. It would not be hollow id ...
The battle of the 300 spartans11/16/2009
  Q: I was wondering if the Spartans acually built walls out of the dead "Immortals" at the pass of ...
  A: Jimmy: Most accounts of the battle use the term "wall of Persion dead" figurelatively or as a ...
Cannonball speed11/9/2009
  Q: What is the speed of a 12-pound cannonball?
  A: A 12 pd started with a muzzle velocity of about 1769 Feet Per Second. This would vary with the age ...
Winston Churchill11/7/2009
  Q: I was wondering if you could post a list of accomplishments and leadership trait that winston ...
  A: Sunny: First, Winston Churchill was a great wartime leader. He was a bit too confrontational for ...
World War 211/5/2009
  Q: What were the specific military tactics of the major powers in World War 2 and how did they differ?
  A: Konnor: The first thing you must know is that any military of any nation is used to obtain ...
brass ball11/1/2009
  Q: I see you had another cannon ball question. I also got this ball, Brass %26 weighs 1lb.1/2 It also ...
  A: First, the "plug" is really where the sprue was cut off. The sprue is a piece formed during the ...
horses in statues10/28/2009
  Q: is there a language to how the horses are posed? ie; one leg up meaning something, reared up ...
  A: Yes. Popular belief is that if the hose is rampant, or rearing, with two legs in the air, the rider ...
WWI Shell Casing10/27/2009
  Q: I have an artillery shell casing from WWI that my inlaws gave me. It is marked: 75 DEC, ...
  A: JR: First way to verify it is a 75mm is to measure the throat of the casing, if it is 75mm it will ...
Bayonet questions10/23/2009
  Q: Hi how are you? My name is tommy and i was just cleaning out my grandfathers desk and found an old ...
  A: Thomas: Is there any way you could send a picture? It sounds like a Russian AK-47 bayonet made by ...
US Military bayonet identification10/22/2009
  Q: I would appreciate anything you can share about the following article: the markings are as follows: ...
  A: The likely possibility is the US Model 1905 Springfield Bayonet. The SA stands for Springfield ...
British 39th Regiment10/22/2009
  Q: I'd like some information on a term I came across in an 1820s diary. The writer is worried about ...
  A: Doug: Each Regiment had a company of Grenadiers - their chosen men, to use a term from Napoleonic ...
Hautboist in Germany Near Mannheim c.172710/18/2009
  Q: I have a forefather that was a hautboist (oboe?) player in the Buchwitz, Grenadier Leib and ...
  A: Brian: You are probably correct in that they are all references to the same thing. He was a member ...
Brass Cannon ball10/16/2009
  Q: This is my first time trying to research it. I'm not 100% certain that this is what the gentleman ...
  A: Rick: First, they didn't make cannon projectiles from brass. Brass was relative expensive to iron, ...
army cot10/14/2009
  Q: I have an army cot that I assume is from WW1. There is a number stamped on the wooden rail and am ...
  A: Paul: I looked online, curious as to the actual history of the army cot, its inception and design. ...
brass shell identification10/11/2009
  Q: I have recently acquired a brass shell and would love to know its origin - can you help? It is 2 ...
  A: Liz: From the cartridge stamping it sounds like you have an engine starting cartridge case. ...
flail10/9/2009
  Q: i saw a mideival picture of a black night fighting a silver knight and the black knight was using a ...
  A: William, it sounds like someones imagination. First, a flail was a short range weapon, most useful ...
Irish History10/8/2009
  Q: I am doing a painting of various little-known historical figures and need some help. I once read a ...
  A: I would love to see a jpg of the finished picture. It had a much happier ending than the one of ...
Bayonet from Grandfather10/2/2009
  Q: I have bayonet from my grandfather who passed and he never talked about it. He was in WWII so I ...
  A: It is a WWI bayonet, made by C.G. Haenel of Suhl: Imperial German Scarce unit ID'd Mauser model ...
German model 1898/05 bayonet markings10/1/2009
  Q: I have a 1898/05 bayonet, my question is in reference to the markings on the side of the blade. The ...
  A: That stick figure mark is the maker's mark of the knife maker, Henckels. It can still be seen laser ...
Old gun9/30/2009
  Q: I got a gift - old pistol. I need help. Does anyone know what century it was produced. Is it ...
  A: RG: It looks to be a holster pistol, since the forestock is thin and thickens rearward and there ...
tiger tank vs m4 sherman9/28/2009
  Q: In a discussion I have had with many military buffs regarding the german tiger tank vs the american ...
  A: I know of no sources that support that statement. The M2 "Super" Pershing with its high velocity ...
The "M6" Heavy Tank9/21/2009
  Q: Sir, Suppose the US had had the means(roads & cargo space) to transport the M6 Heavy tank to ...
  A: Probably not. Considering that Europe was not invaded till 44, the first theaters it would have ...
arms and armor9/20/2009
  Q: in mideival europe, what armour would you say offered the most protection from blows? what weapon ...
  A: William: The best protection was undoubtably plate armor. Its loan drawback was its expense. It ...
korean conflict9/17/2009
  Q: A friend told me of a situation during the Korean war, where an American artillery unit was ...
  A: Nerol: It is hard to tell whether your friend was talking about a specific unit or something more ...
WW19/15/2009
  Q: What tactics were used by the Germans between 1914-1916? ASAP
  A: According to the controversial book called Myths of the Great War, the germans were ahead of the ...
small cannon ball id9/10/2009
  Q: I was hiking in the remote desert of Eastern Oregon called the Oregon Desert (not farm ground, none ...
  A: Rose: Weight the ball too. It looks to be around 1/3/4 inches. Probably a 2 lb cannon maybe from ...
American tactics of WW19/6/2009
  Q: The United States were not in WW1 for very long, but I was wondering if you could educate me on any ...
  A: Nicole: Like with so many things going into WWI, the US Army had none. We had no machine guns, no ...
norman axe9/5/2009
  Q: i read in a book (an actual published book, not wikipedia) that the normans used a battle axe ...
  A: William: Everthing being equal a large heavy blade can decapitate a large animal. Have you ever ...
cannon identification8/30/2009
  Q: I have recently located 2 brass cannons with some markings on them that I have been trying to ...
  A: Are you sure they are brass and not bronze? I was able to find reference to an I. H. King 1807 in ...
French Empire8/30/2009
  Q: 1. I was wondering where do the French Empire (first colonial, second colonial, modern France, ...
  A: This is a complex question. Lets just say, that France has never really been number one. It was ...
History of the NCO before the roman army8/30/2009
  Q: Keith, can you tell me if there is any history of the NCO before the Roman Army? And why did the ...
  A: Bill: I would think it was for command and control of the articulated legion. After the Romans ...
cannon ball8/29/2009
  Q: My dad and our dog found a cannon ball on his mother's property. The place where it was found was ...
  A: Trish: Time for a little detective work. First measure the diameter of the ball. Now weigh it. ...
the koreign war and WWII8/27/2009
  Q: What is the differnce in the two wars?
  A: Minnie: World War II was fought in just about every corner of the world from 1939 to 1945. The ...
Mexican -American War Metal8/23/2009
  Q: I have metals from the Mex-Amer. war with purple ribbon and 2 stars. what is the Value ( 1836 yr)
  A: Charles: The date you give is actually the date of the Texas War for Independence, not the Mexican ...
Timeliness in the military8/23/2009
  Q: I have a presentation due that I have to make pertaining to timeliness in the military and its ...
  A: I am not sure what you mean by timeliness. I will assume you are referring to the desemination of ...
canonballs8/22/2009
  Q: i wonder if you may be able to help, ive recently found a canonball in our garden whilst digging out ...
  A: Mark: It sounds like a 2 lb shot from a 2 lb gun. There were some engagements in Cornwall during ...
small cannon ball8/21/2009
  Q: We have a small, solid, iron cannon ball, a little smaller than a tennis ball. It's obviously old, ...
  A: There are a few possibilities. YOu did not say where you obtained it, and provenance is important ...
Projectile identification8/12/2009
  Q: I have a projectile that I need identified. I have tried via Civil War data with no results, the ...
  A: Yes please send a photo and I will see what I can do. either attach it to another question or send ...
Stamp on back of picture8/11/2009
  Q: I have a picture, early 50's I think, that has the following stamped on the back....'PASSED BY U.S. ...
  A: Sharon: It denotes that the picture was passed by a censor for either publication or for sending in ...
Marine Corps Sea Duty8/7/2009
  Q: Where can i view history, records, logs, crew list, etc., or obtain any information about the last ...
  A: Brian: http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/HD/Home_Page.htm Contact this site. It might be that you have ...
Spartan battle tactics8/2/2009
  Q: do you know what's the tactics that the spartan used to fight against the Persians in the battle of ...
  A: Ronald: The Spartans didn't have a lot of options. The pass at Thermopylae was a narrow choke ...
WW2 Military Bands7/26/2009
  Q: I'm trying to locate music from the U.S. Military Band "Base Section 3." My Grandfather was their ...
  A: Here is a list of various army bands. You might be able to contact one near you, or one of your ...
Militrary burual records.7/22/2009
  Q: I am in the process of documenting a cemetery in Shelby County, Tennessee, and I ran across a ...
  A: First, I would have to say that the information on the link you gave me might be wrong. Born in ...
Chickamauga Tactics7/20/2009
  Q: I was reading about Chickamauga and the criticism of the late attk on Sept 20 which seems to be due ...
  A: Fred: First I would direct you to the following document: ...
help6/25/2009
  Q: hey! what fighting techniequs did they invent in ww1?
  A: There were a number of firsts that they were involved in, but I don't know if you can truthfully say ...
WW1 Bayonet6/22/2009
  Q: Mr Patton,I have what i believe is a WW1 bayonet, it has a quill type blade 20 1/2 inches (52CM) ...
  A: Garry: What you have here is a German bayonet made to fit the Mauser Gewehr 98. You don't describe ...
my dad during the Battle of the Bulge....6/17/2009
  Q: I am trying so hard to figure out what division/unit that my dad served with during WWII at the ...
  A: Tina: Do you recall any information he might have pass on to you about what type of unit he served ...
aztecs6/7/2009
  Q: Im doing a project on the Spanish conquer ing of mesoamerica. I was wondering what the differences ...
  A: The Aztecs were fairly primative in their warefare. There is a ongoing debate of the whys and hows ...
W.W. I battle5/25/2009
  Q: Supposedly, ammunition for the Winchester rifle did not arrive in a timely fashion for the men of ...
  A: John: I have never heard that story and would question its accuracy. I doubt the Germans would ...
D-Day question5/14/2009
  Q: When I see film footage of D-Day and how our troops were fired upon by the German machine guns as ...
  A: David: There were the types of armor available to the air corp. They had designed and manufactured ...
Vietnam Wat5/11/2009
  Q: What were each Presidents plans for winning the Vietnam war and what tactics did they use?
  A: Franklin: First, a little correcting of terminology. A President sets policy goals, and strategic ...
Gulf War & Oil5/10/2009
  Q: How did the Gulf War effect American oil imports? also How did the Gulf War effect oil production in ...
  A: Nathan: The war didn't affect US imports much at all. What if did effect was the overal price of ...
Prussian Army military history5/8/2009
  Q: We have been researching our family genealogy, and we are interested in learning about our ...
  A: No I don't. One alternative you might try, is look into seeing if you can identify the regiments ...
Cold War5/7/2009
  Q: I am writing a school report on the Cold War, and I have a question for you. I have found a lot so ...
  A: Sean: For one, the Miltiary Industrial Complex would not exist, nor would the hugely bloated ...
Organization of British infantry, circa 18005/1/2009
  Q: I have been reading/enjoying Bernard Cornwell's historical fiction series about Richard Sharpe that ...
  A: Ted: Good books those. If you like the series you will probably like the older book Soldiers at ...
Sgt C W Bull river Scheldt4/30/2009
  Q: Could you help. I am a volunteer at a small village museum. We are researching a war hero who came ...
  A: Jack: Someone in Europe contacted me after reading this correspondence from 2009 and offered to ...
Historic Bows4/28/2009
  Q: I have found a lot of information discribing the draw weights of English long bows saying that ...
  A: John: I don't know of any single source, you might be able to glean the information from multiple ...
simson co bayonet4/25/2009
  Q: i have a bayonet just marked with simson co suhl with a small abstract cross on the metal bit just ...
  A: Lionel: Here is a website with a number of blades. Simson Co. of Suhl Germany manufactured a lot ...
hey4/16/2009
  Q: Did muhamed mehmedbasic do anything good?
  A: Hunter: It depends on your outlook. He was a failed assassin who when the time came for him to ...
Bayonet4/13/2009
  Q: Patton I have a Bayonet with wooden grooved handle appx.20" long the marking said C.G.Haenel Suhl ...
  A: Paul: Tel me about the blade or could you send a picture. Suhl is company based in Suhl Germany. ...
WW2 N Africa and Italy theater3/10/2009
  Q: My dad was army veteran with the 338th Engr Regt 2nd Bn Co.E . He pasted away 20 years ago. He, like ...
  A: Wally: The links at the bottom have reunion and engineer association contact info. You might try ...
WW2 Weapons in the ETO2/26/2009
  Q: I am a 7th grade student doing research for a school project. I have to ask experts on my topic ...
  A: Alex: My daughter's name is Alexandra...Defender of the Kingdom. Nice name. The best American ...
empire2/23/2009
  Q: 1. The top ten empires are: Ming, Tang, British, Spanish, Russian, Soviet Bloc, Ottomon, Persian, ...
  A: Henry: I have patiently tried to explain what a criteria is. To try to compare empires across ...
empires2/19/2009
  Q: 1. Roman, Han, Tang, Song, Ming, Venetian, Ottomon, Huns, British, Spanish, French, Persian, ...
  A: Henry: You have to determine what your criteria is. For instance, if your primary criteria is ...
Spanish armada2/18/2009
  Q: My question is what kind of ships were in the Spanish armada and also what of ships were the English ...
  A: Tai: The Spanish used large galleons, whereas the English used smaller more maneuverable galleons ...
empire2/18/2009
  Q: 1. Here is my lists of world major empires: Roman, Han, Tang, Song, Ming, Venetian, Ottomon, Huns, ...
  A: Henry: Here are a few more: The German's or Prussians had an empire prior to WWI. They lost their ...
U.S Army2/15/2009
  Q: I am in the army and have to prepare a briefing on the role of the brigade commander. There is no ...
  A: These might help ...
Famous Wepon2/6/2009
  Q: What weapon become famous in vietnam war, but was used in the las years of WW2
  A: The helicopter. Six different versions were used by the US in WWII, primarily for supply and rescue ...
WWII Marshall Islands2/1/2009
  Q: After doing research i can't information on specific battle details like what weapons were used and ...
  A: Billy: The Marshal Island campaign consisted of the capture of Kwajalein, Majuro and Enewetak, ...
mortar sight2/1/2009
  Q: MY FATHER IN LAW HAS ACHEMICAL MORTAR SIGHT SER.NO 3443 LOT 50-6 C A CO THAT HE BROUGHT HOME FROM ...
  A: Bob: You might post a question on the following sites to see what people might pay for it. There ...
German Military1/28/2009
  Q: these pics I have come across inscription on the back is Belgrade year 1949 are you able to ...
  A: Anna: Judging from the uniform, it appears he is a member of the the German Gebirgsjager or Alpine ...
disposition of artillery at trenton1/15/2009
  Q: I am researching a biography of Cpt. Thomas Clark of the NJ militia artillery, son of the signer. He ...
  A: According to: http://www.ushistory.org/WashingtonCrossing/history/artillery.htm The artillery was ...
Kelly Field, TX Photo's1/11/2009
  Q: I was cleaning out my Grandfathers attic and found 2 panoramic photo's(9x51)of solider's from Kelly ...
  A: Check out these sites, they may shed some light on your photos. If you contact them they might be ...
world war I1/1/2009
  Q: What were the military practices/tactics used by the French in World War I?
  A: Joe: First, if you are interested in WWI and controversies surrounding it, look up the book Myths ...
WWII - British Admiral and Secretary of State12/17/2008
  Q: Patton: Hopefully, you can help me out with a couple of questions. I recently was made aware of ...
  A: Larry: Try here. http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/royal-navy-service.asp Or ...
falklands conflict12/9/2008
  Q: just wondering if you could shed any light on my question for my history coursework. It is: what do ...
  A: Lewis: I am not an expert on this particular clash but these are my thoughts. The biggest factor I ...
trying to identify cavalry sabre11/10/2008
  Q: my name is simon and I know of a person that has a very old cavalry sabre that might appear to be ...
  A: Simon: The tip type is called a clip tip. It might be a Mameluke Saber. Check out the picture ...
Value of rifle11/10/2008
  Q: I have an 1873 45/70 breech loader. serial # 493441. Has US on the butt plate and on the top of the ...
  A: You don't say whether you have the carbine or rifle model. That would make a big difference. See ...
D-day11/4/2008
  Q: Could you point me in the right direction of the historical debates surrounding D-day? what do ...
  A: Josh: The biggest controversy of course is whether the landings won the war or was the war won by ...
The War on land Schieffen plan10/26/2008
  Q: Can you name some things that can symbolize this topic? How is the war on land/schlieffen plan ...
  A: Tom: I am not sure of the context of your question. The Von Schlieffen Plan was an operational ...
Civil War10/3/2008
  Q: what did a typical civil war soldier carry into battle? And what were the main differences between ...
  A: Kenneth: Since both armies drew their officers from the same training base (US Military Academy) ...
Personnalitiys of Leaders9/30/2008
  Q: i was wondering if you could enlighten me on the attributes and skills of the three commanders and ...
  A: Blucher was of the old school. He was determined, tenacious and loyal. He told Wellington he would ...
WWII draft9/29/2008
  Q: My father was not a citizen of the U.S. until June of 1942. He volunteered immediately after that ...
  A: Jan: I believe the info below is current law as Aliens were exempt during WWII. They did take ...
canon equipment9/26/2008
  Q: I made a diorama consisting of a Revolutionary War cannon and four figures. Two of the figures held ...
  A: One would have something that looked like a cork screw called a wormer. This was to pull out any ...
the falklands war9/9/2008
  Q: i am not sure whether you will be able to answer this but its worth ago. in your opinion what are ...
  A: Probably the main point was Will. The argentine junta launched its ill fated venture to deflect ...
Battle of Waterloo9/8/2008
  Q: Writing an essay on why Napoleon lost, is there any technical reasons you could help me with? ...
  A: The gods were against him. I say this because had he been able to launch his attack earlier in the ...
30.06 springfield9/8/2008
  Q: i recent;y found a rifle in my passed grandpas golf bag. and i have been trying to get information ...
  A: It sounds like you have a 1906 Springfield manufactured by Remington. During WWI and later until ...
score card for army shot gun8/26/2008
  Q: Do you know if there is a score card for the 12 gauge shot gun for the military. And if there is ...
  A: I could not find any evidence of one. You might try one of the dedicated shooting forums. To my ...
ww2 bomb site8/13/2008
  Q: My dad passed away and he was in the marines in ww2. He had a bomb site i guess used to detect ...
  A: Bettianne: It does not sound like any bomb sight I know of unless it was a war trophy that he ...
95 mm brass cannonball8/11/2008
  Q: i was wondering if you could tell me about a 95mm brass cannonball that i found in the attic of the ...
  A: Shiela: I did some research for you and I do not think you have a cannon ball. For one thing brass ...
Austro-Prussian WAr 18668/2/2008
  Q: What were the armys involving in battles? What were the sthenght and the order of battle of the ...
  A: Marco: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War_Order_of_Battle France Order of battle ...
Springfield 03 in 30-066/28/2008
  Q: I have an 03 that is a great shooter. What I do'nt know is who made it. The top of the receiver says ...
  A: James: The government let out a lot of contracts to make the 03a3. Not limited to Springfield, ...
British artillery - Battle of Waterloo6/13/2008
  Q: I am looking for an "exploded" view of the above. I recently inherited a lithograph covering the ...
  A: Barbara: I think this might help you out. this site also has a wealth of other information. ...
Cape Passaro 17186/4/2008
  Q: Judging on the lack of sources on the internet, I was wondering what the Spanish casualty list of ...
  A: From what I could find, I don't think it was that large a battle. As explained here: ...
WWI5/15/2008
  Q: My name is Shane Gersbach. I'm an eighth grader at Alderwood middle in Washington State. I'm doing ...
  A: Shane: The US got into the war mainly for political reasons. During that period the US was ...
research on D-day5/13/2008
  Q: Patton, I am an 8th grader at Alderwood Middle School and I am doing a research on American history ...
  A: Radu: 1) The lack of a coordinated counter attack by the German forces. This was due to the ...
Gulf war5/12/2008
  Q: My name is Oscar Covarrubias and i'm an 8th grader at alderwood middle school in lynwood ...
  A: Oscar: 1) Standard issue what? Weapon? It was the M-16A2. Uniforms were the desert camoflage ...
Hollywood vs History4/11/2008
  Q: I'm interested in the Hollywood vs History angle. The film "300" won big at the box office so it ...
  A: Jim: Most films ar totally inaccurate. Even the highly regarded Saving Private Ryan, and Band of ...
Rommel - Battle of El Alamein4/10/2008
  Q: I'm in the process of completing a project on Rommel's role in the Battle of El Alamein in 1943. I ...
  A: Paula: The blame for the N. African debacle did not lay with Rommel. There were a lot of factors: ...
Gatling gun4/3/2008
  Q: I have often wondered why no use was made of the powered Gatling gun in WW2.In particular,it might ...
  A: Michael: It is hard to bring old ideas back in vogue. The problem with the gatling gun was ...
30 cal. water cooled machine gun3/25/2008
  Q: When did the Marine Corps disband the last weapons company and particularly the 30 cal. water cooled ...
  A: Simon: I could not find any specific information. Some sources say it saw service in Viet Nam, ...
the great conspiracy3/1/2008
  Q: I have a copy of the great conspiracy by John Logan my dad gave me...it's in bad condition- the ...
  A: Mark: If it is indeed an autographed copy of the book, It might be worth substantially more than an ...
M6 Heavy Tank & Gen. AdnaR. Chaffee Jr.2/13/2008
  Q: If it had been possible to mass produce the M6 Heavy Tank and have the capability to move it to ...
  A: Charles: Thats a lot of what ifs. Had the M6 it been available earlier there is no doubt it ...
question about rifles & knives2/4/2008
  Q: Movies about WWII, every soldier that had a rifle, had a knife on the end of it. It seemed to be a ...
  A: David: The knife you refer to is called a bayonet. The name derives from the french term "bayon" or ...
Early Modern Pike/Shot interaction1/31/2008
  Q: I have looked long and short for sources, sites, books, articles, essays and the regarding pike and ...
  A: Dennis: The shot actually were formed outside the inner bastion of pike. They were arrayed in ...
5 star generals and wrestlers1/20/2008
  Q: where there any 5 star generals in the russian army with the name sounding like kiselerva. Also was ...
  A: Alex: Here is a list of all the Soviet Generals whose name began with Ki. For a more complete ...
Revolutionary War cannon ordnance1/11/2008
  Q: What did cannon balls do in the time of the American revolution and where/what can I read more on ...
  A: Sam: Hollywood has done a dis-service to artillery through the ages. There were generally three ...
WW11 tanks1/1/2008
  Q: i'm working on a research paper on the development of the german tank after WW1. the primary book ...
  A: Ian: It is not so easy when it comes to doctrine. In the US Army the Tradoc Command dictates ...
WW2 squad orqanisation for USA12/20/2007
  Q: How many men were in standard WW2 era US marine squad? How many men were in WW2 era US airborne ...
  A: The Table of Organization for the Army was standard. The Airborne squads had 12 men, same as the ...
Marine F-4 Units in Vietnam12/6/2007
  Q: Looking for the Marine F-4 units in I Corp and II Corp from 1966-1969 that were stationed in those ...
  A: Larry: They go by Marine Air Wing. I did a search on Google.com for Marine Air Wing Viet Nam and ...
Impediments11/27/2007
  Q: Mr. Patton, I am doing research on impediments, or trenches that would be used as a deterent to ...
  A: Steve: There are a lot of different forms of impediments some man-made others natural. Here are a ...
ww1 and the usa11/7/2007
  Q: could you pls help me in regards to examining the impact the entry of the US had on the first world ...
  A: James: The primary impact the US had on the war was a fresh supply of manpower. The war and tactics ...
weapons of prussia in the 30 years war10/30/2007
  Q: Patton I am curious to know what weapons and military tactics were used during the thirty years war ...
  A: Here is a good treatise on the weapons and tactics of the Thirty Years War ...
Japan on World War II9/24/2007
  Q: Could you explain me what kind of interests could have Japan in order to participate on World War II ...
  A: Japan had signed a Pact with the other Axis powers Italy and Germany. Britain, France, the ...
My Lai Massacre - RVN9/8/2007
  Q: What did the army conclude in their investigation were the probable causes of the My Lai Massacre. ...
  A: I never read the actual report, but I have read enough to know the following. The Americal Division ...
Hitler's "brilliance"8/25/2007
  Q: Were Hitler's speeches "brilliant," as some have claimed, that is to say, were they on the order of ...
  A: I wouldn't go so far to say they were brilliant in the vein of those you cite. More they were ...
Tank inventor7/2/2007
  Q: Liddell Hart in his book 'A history of the First World War' (p256) refers to a Nottingham Plumber ...
  A: The first tank patented by Australian inventor De La Mole. However, Ernest Swinton recieves credit ...
VT Fuse6/14/2007
  Q: Who the VT fuse first and for what purpose?
  A: The US was the only country to perfect the Vt or Radio Proximity fuse. It was used primarily to ...
Alfred Mahan6/9/2007
  Q: I have read most of Adm. Mahan's work but I was wondering if you could tell me some sources to read ...
  A: Here are a few sources for material. ...
ww2 ETO Hurtgen Forest campaign6/5/2007
  Q: researching my fathers army artillery outfit...1st Bn 941st FA. IAW Bn CO's journal the 941st ...
  A: Try contacting or perusing this website. The historians are usually pretty helpful. ...
17 pounder tank weapon3/25/2007
  Q: how big was the 17 pounder in mm. I am confused between the metric and the pounder this and pounder ...
  A: It was a 76.2 mm. The old "pdr" connotation goes back to the days of round solid shot in smoothbore ...
Adolf Hitler3/17/2007
  Q: There may be no historical answer to this question, but i guess i can get your opinion. If Hitler ...
  A: I don't think Hitler's emnity was pointed at the west as much as the east. Initially he was only ...
Question about specific person in WW22/1/2007
  Q: I want to write a biography about my grandfather and I have a question. He was in World War 2 and I ...
  A: Try this: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/ Once you know what unit and organization he was in, ...
WWII Wepon10/30/2006
  Q: What was the basic rifle and other guns used by American Infantry in World War II
  A: Morgan: At the start of the war, the Springfield bolt action 1903 Model A3 was the standard issue ...
Fate of Seydlitz Committee members10/9/2006
  Q: What happened to the members of the Seydlitz Committee (Seydlitz, Von Paulus,et.al.) following the ...
  A: The committee was disbanded in 1945 after the German surrender. Some went on to be politically ...
combat ratios10/5/2006
  Q: I would like to know how many infantry soldiers are assigned to an army infantry brigade? I know a ...
  A: Larry: The 9 to one is actually kind of low by today's standard. The service tail has gotten ...
Furthering the 'Arian' race theory10/5/2006
  Q: Mr. Patton: Do you know if there has been any evidence uncovered of Hitler's intention regarding the ...
  A: Dawn: You are probably right, eventually he would have gotten around to them. He personally ...
battle of antietam (civil war)9/26/2006
  Q: What were the strategies used by both the north and the south in this battle? The Battle of Antietam
  A: Chad: Don't confuse strategy and tactics. Strategy deals with the big picture of how and why to ...
Metal useage9/12/2006
  Q: Could you give me some information about metal and it being taken from homes and familes during the ...
  A: My father use to tell me about the metal drives. The drives would urge civilians to donate metal ...
German anger with Britain8/30/2006
  Q: We all have heard how Kaiser Wilhelm thought Britain and France were deliberately trying to deny ...
  A: That is an interesting thesis. However, communism has its greatest appeal in states where the ...
Gulf War I8/23/2006
  Q: Sir, I'm a Major attending a brazilian CGSC. We have being tasked to make a work about a Brigade ...
  A: Luis: Take a look at the following: http://www.knox.army.mil/armormag/backissues.htm There are a ...
world war II battle maps8/9/2006
  Q: Mr. Patton: I am currently a student of Military history at a university in TN. I wish to ...
  A: To your question about my name, it is more interesting to me that my family's arrival in the ...
ammunition boxes5/25/2006
  Q: Mr. Patton, My mother recently gave me 2 wooden boxes with metal hinges and closures that she ...
  A: Judy: First, what country are you in? Great Britain, Canada, or the US? I am trying to understand ...
Military Draft WWII5/13/2006
  Q: During WWII were married men with several children given draft deferments? If so, what was the ...
  A: In WWII, "Unless it suited the needs of the military, no one was deferred. Married men with ...
M14 Qualification Score Sheet5/11/2006
  Q: Yes Sir I'm just checking to see if there was some type of score sheet/card for the M14? If so ...
  A: Hmm, I am sure there is probably something out there. Try these you can probably use one or the ...
WWII Strategy and Foreign Affairs influened by Economics5/7/2006
  Q: How did economics influence the US's Foreign Policy/Strategic War Decisions in WWII? I'm pretty ...
  A: Jennifer: The question is an interesting one. There are probably a lot of opinions on this, all of ...
War time presidents past / present4/28/2006
  Q: Mr. Patton, You always give Great informative answers ! You answered a question for me about the ...
  A: Ron: Archer Jone's book Why the North Won address some of your questions about Lincoln. If nothing ...
second world war4/22/2006
  Q: how was the german tank ace michael wittman killed
  A: From the Wiki online encyclopedia: Death Wittmann was killed in action less than two months after ...
tactics3/8/2006
  Q: information for small battles. I'm the screenwriter who asked about how you would handle being ...
  A: Scott: Here is one for you. I can't remember the name of it, but it happened during the ...
tactics2/22/2006
  Q: Patton, Let me start by saying I know my question is a little (translate to "completely") ...
  A: I don't want to dash your hopes but this has been done on a TV show in the 1960's. It starred ...
Civil War2/7/2006
  Q: Patton, Many mistakes were made by both sides during the Civil War. If you had to pick the single ...
  A: Ron: Interesting question. There is currently a school of thought that the Conf. shot themselves ...
1974 weapons capabilities.1/16/2006
  Q: For a book (fiction) I am writing about a joint CIA/U.S. secret military operation in 1974, I would ...
  A: Noe: 2) I don't think the object would fit in the rear cargo door of the SeaStallion. It might you ...
Army uniform1/8/2006
  Q: Do you possibly know how to place Captain bars on an M-65 field jacket?
  A: Hmmm Let me think, I should remember since I was in Germany in the 70's. Since it is a field ...
WWII Audie Murphy12/21/2005
  Q: During WWII, how many German soldiers did Audie Murphy (the most decorated American Soldier in the ...
  A: The number is hard to pin down exactly but his Medal of Honor citation says around 50 killed or ...
Battle Groups12/18/2005
  Q: What effect would a US Carrier battle group lying off shore Europe have on the length, outcome of ...
  A: Malcom: Virtually none. What good would a vunerable carrier force have done when land based ...
Roman army11/3/2005
  Q: Could u plz help me i need info about military tactics and training for Roman soldiers. It's for a ...
  A: Gabbi: First, the Roman army went through numerous changes in the thousand odd years of the Roman ...
American tanks production strategy in WWII10/4/2005
  Q: Why did the U.S. produce high volumes of lower quality tanks such as the Sherman which was such a ...
  A: Interesting question. It is a bit more complicated. First, there was a school of armor in the US ...
Mexican American War awards8/30/2005
  Q: My third great grand uncle was severely wounded at the Battle of Monterrey 24 Sept 1846. Was there ...
  A: Dee ann: Sorry to say that at the time there were no awards as such. George Washington instituted ...
military ranking during Revolution8/1/2005
  Q: I am a dance historian researching social dance and drill during the American Revolution. Because ...
  A: Melissa: I gathered some links for you the first is from the US Army Military History site and a ...
Missionary Ridge Battle/nuclear6/23/2005
  Q: I have a two part question. On November 24, 1863 in Tennessee there was a battle. Someone in that ...
  A: I have no idea. Since 88 years separate the two events, the person in question would have to be ...
u.s. army special operations in first world war5/8/2005
  Q: Patton, Do you know anything on an inncident in 1918 concerning a special unit equipped with ...
  A: Robert: Here is the url for an article that talks about the gun and it's affect on the Germans. ...
Military system5/5/2005
  Q: My question is not particularly your area of interest, but with your knowledge I am sure you can ...
  A: Usman: I really need more information. By military system, do you mean weapons system, or do you ...
30 years war - weapons and tactics4/24/2005
  Q: Patton, could you please explain to me something of the battle tactics employed in the thirty years ...
  A: William: Since firearms at the time were at best unreliable, formations of pikemen were mainly ...
Air and Space Power4/14/2005
  Q: Good day to you Mr Patton, I am doing research on Air and Space power and wanted to find out how ...
  A: Matt: Two things come to mind. First with respect to airpower. The USAF strives to achieve air ...
Cold war4/8/2005
  Q: This question is about the cold war. Before inter-continental missiles, US bombers with nuclear ...
  A: Nicholas: No, they did not. The Soviets never did have the emphasis on strategic bombers that we ...
Nation guards4/7/2005
  Q: My assignment is to intervoew somebody about my topic the national guard. I will post 10 questions ...
  A: 1) No 2)National Guard is the modern equivalent of the old state militias. They are partially ...
Czech Republic military history4/5/2005
  Q: What is the purpose of the lanyard worn over the left shoulder on a Czech military dress uniform?
  A: Kirk: The lanyard has it's orgins in the utilitarian purpose of keeping an item close to hand. In ...
Schlieffen plan3/21/2005
  Q: I was asked a question in history, and I'm not really sure how to answer it. If the Schlieffen plan ...
  A: Andrea: What the Von Schlieffen plan did was violate the neutrality of Belgium and the ...
What were the strategies used...3/14/2005
  Q: What were the strategies used by the north and the south during the civil war? And what strategies ...
  A: Frank: The north's strategy was many faceted. It started by instituting a naval blockade of ...
World War One3/8/2005
  Q: Was propaganda an important factor in getting people to work for the cause of World War One?
  A: Yes< World War I saw just about every combatant nation use propaganda in just about every medium. ...
Tank Inventor2/23/2005
  Q: Sir, Who was the inventor of the military tank?
  A: Keith: The proper nomenclature it Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV), Tank was the code word used by ...
mexican-american war (1848-1848)2/20/2005
  Q: Were there any new technological innovations produced, such as weapons and tatics, that contributed ...
  A: There weren't many, the main tactics were those used during the napoleonic wars. Rifled muskets had ...
Connotation of "Kittyhawk"2/17/2005
  Q: I'd like to know what is the connatation of the term "kittyhawk"? I know it is the name of an old ...
  A: Jason: Actually the name Kittyhawk is the town in North Carolina, that the Wright Brothers first ...
military history...12/17/2004
  Q: I asked you a question about the schlieffen plan and plan 17 and 19... Thanks for your help ! Pardon ...
  A: Eva: The Central Powers were Germany and Austria-Hungary. The Triple Entente powers were Britain, ...
Origins of WWI12/15/2004
  Q: Can you elaborate on the development of two armed camps and their plans for war before WWI...Such as ...
  A: Eva: One important point to remember, it shows how needless the war was, was that Queen Victoria of ...
Civil War Battle Tactics12/8/2004
  Q: Patton, After the Civil War ended many of the soldiers went on to fight the Indians in the west. In ...
  A: Ron: First, few if any of the tactics used during the civil war worked against the indians. The ...
WW112/7/2004
  Q:
  A: Probably the largest effect was that of displacement of the status quo. Several large monachies, ...
book11/30/2004
  Q: Hey there My boyfriend is a total military history buff. I want to get him an entertaining book for ...
  A: K.C.: I'll give you a couple of suggestions. The first is non-fiction, but it is a facinating book ...
I have questions about the Battle of Waterloo.11/29/2004
  Q: Q: If Wellington did not make the decisive moves he made during the battle would he have lost? Q: ...
  A: Tom: Looks like homework. Here's some help. Yes. Muskets, Bayonet, Artillery and some rifled ...
Civilization10/26/2004
  Q: Good Afternoon I am reading the Clash Of Civilization article by " Samuel p Hungtington" But need ...
  A: Jib: First, I don't do homework, this sounds like a question regarding an article you should have ...
detterence10/25/2004
  Q: I have one more question. Can u tell me what r the key varibales in thinking about deterrence ...
  A: Haq: The basis for deterrence lies in the knowledge of the opponent that the detriments out weight ...
Nuclear Weapon10/24/2004
  Q: Heloo Please tell me what parallels are there between the introduction of the gun and introduction ...
  A: Jib: Well you could say at first it revolutionized the way war was fought, for a time. Armies and ...
war10/21/2004
  Q: I am doing a research on war and would like to have your opinions regarding the following question ...
  A: Haq: In keeping with what I said about the causes, lets look at the armies. In ancient times up to ...
european warfare help10/17/2004
  Q: hey, my name is justin howard and i am in an AP European Histoy class at Eastlake High school in ...
  A: Justin: My family is from the Shenandoah Valley of Virgina, having settled there on the frontier in ...
military history-europe10/12/2004
  Q: was there a military revolution in europe in the 17th century? substantiate
  A: Sounds like a homework question. I will get you started. Gustafus Adolphus of Sweden, ...
World war 29/13/2004
  Q: During early 1945, what was the exact strength of the German army and airforce? Did army group ...
  A: John: Army Group Center was pretty much destroyed in Operation Bagration in Summer of 1944. Some ...
iraq9/9/2004
  Q: What is the main reason that we went to war with Iraq?
  A: PC: Well there are plenty of opinions out there as to why we went to war. There is the connections ...
WW II aand Vietnam Veterans Memorial7/12/2004
  Q: I was with the 96th Division that landed in Leyte the Philippines. How many ships were in that ...
  A: Bill: Try here. http://www.army.mil/cmh/ I recall a paper in their archives that dealt with the ...
footlocker6/28/2004
  Q: Patton: I inherited a footlocker when my parents passed away and unfortunately there is no one left ...
  A: Jack: Sorry about the late response I promised. Here are a few sites I found for the 7th Inf. and ...
WWII war tactics6/1/2004
  Q: i was wondering what were the US war tactics during world war II, and in which parts of the war did ...
  A: Joni: I answered a similar question not too long ago regarding Viet Nam. WII was a mobile war, ...
M14 qualification5/22/2004
  Q: Did the U.S.Army use and qualify with the M14 in the nineteen-sixties?
  A: Yes, The M-14 was the primary arm of the army for the period after Korea, till the adoption of the ...
silencers colt 19115/10/2004
  Q: First of all, I'm french so sorry for my bad english. My question is: The US Army's colt 1911 that ...
  A: Fabrice: Greetings from Houston, I until recently worked for Schlumberger, Ltd. But that is a ...
WWII and Vietnam War Tactics5/6/2004
  Q: What were the difference between the Vietnam War and WWII tactics, on BOTH sides? (but if you can ...
  A: Jennifer: That is a tall order since there were a lot of tactics used in different theaters in ...
Nuclear Arms4/15/2004
  Q: I am in a college International Studies class that is offered at my High School. This semester we ...
  A: Marcus: Well, per se, I know of no "pro" nuclear arms groups. Contrary to the "anti's", those who ...
Combat load3/24/2004
  Q: what is the waight of the fully loaded american soldier
  A: Matthew: It really depends on the mission. I would have to say that the most heavily loaded ...
Modern day infantry vs Civil War Era infantry3/20/2004
  Q: Patton,"How are you" You answered a question for me a while back about Battle of little big ...
  A: Ron: Interesting question. First, you have to take into consideration the type of soldier of today ...
Irish Military History3/14/2004
  Q: I've been researching and can't seem to find information on the history of wars and invasions of ...
  A: Mickey: Don't know too much about Ireland. But here are some sites that give some info. I did a ...
The Second World War (This is not a homework question)2/28/2004
  Q: (1 How did the Second World War promote the cause of anti-colonialism? and (2) Did the formation of ...
  A: Peter: Well, for one most of the colonial powers were on the losing end of the war at the ...
American Civil War2/22/2004
  Q: My name is Ben and in school, I am studying the American Civil War. All students are required to do ...
  A: Ben: First, as a budding historian you need to learn what a thesis is. It is an original ...

All Questions in This Category

Military History

Keith H. Patton

Top Expert on this page