Military History/Questions Answered by Expert Rizwan Saleem

SubjectDate Asked
Battle of the Bulge11/29/2016
  Q: My name is Joe and I am a student in high school and I am doing a project for national history day ...
  A: I will be glad to assist you, but the question you have asked cannot be answered briefly. So i will ...
148th Engineer Combat Bn7/25/2016
  Q: I recently purchased two field manuals that belonged to man in the 148th engineers, I have been ...
  A: i do not have much information about this unit but what i can share with you is that they played an ...
ww24/25/2016
  Q: what is your favorite combat vehicle used in world war 2and why?
  A: A very hard choice to make, i cant pick just one, but if i really had to it would be the German ...
Wanting to know more about countries militaries in World War 2.4/24/2016
  Q: What tanks did the US, Germans and Russians use during WW2? What countries had very strong navies ...
  A: The extensive use of tanks by the US during world war 2 were mostly Sherman, the M1- M5 series. The ...
Paki indi conflict.3/26/2016
  Q: Why did India and Pakistan have all those wars to begin with? Was it political or ideological?
  A: The first war that was fought between Pakistan and India was in 1947 and based on disputed territory ...
Cambodian Genocide11/9/2015
  Q: I was wondering what the victims of the Cambodian genocide/ Vietnamese-Cambodian war did to ...
  A: Apart from a few resistance cells, there was no retaliation against the regime. It must be noted ...
D Day question6/9/2014
  Q: I cannot seem to find an answer to this one on the internet. Perhaps it is how the military fought ...
  A: My apologies for the late reply. The Allies did air drop several thousand troops behind enemy lines ...
Battle of BaraPind 19713/28/2014
  Q: Assalam Alaikum. I need to prepare a presentation on the battle of bara pind in the upcoming week. ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply. I am pasting a link for you from Wikipedia about the battle which will ...
WW22/21/2014
  Q: For example what caused the battle of the Philippines? how did it have an impact on the united ...
  A: the cause of the invasion by The Japanese forces was simply to ensure their dominance in East Asia. ...
Ww22/13/2014
  Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of invading japan instead of dropping the atom bomb during ...
  A: From a purely military point of view i cannot offer any advantages that an invasion would benefit ...
U. S Army invasion forces on D-Day6/19/2013
  Q: I am a librarian and the reason that I am asking this is only because a patron asked me to find out. ...
  A: i can find no cause to detail that the US used troops of German and Italian heritage willingly in ...
United States Tank Tactics4/11/2013
  Q: I would like to know what was the primary tank strategy or use for M4 Sherman, M18 Hellcat, and the ...
  A: i have yet not come across many books detailed to american tank warfare but i am copying some info ...
alternative history8/6/2012
  Q: True though. But you never know though. Hitler was racist he didn't like anybody accept the Germans.
  A: Very true, but remember my friend that principle change when its comes to power. So i'm sure ...
alternative history7/30/2012
  Q: What if Britain had fallen in 1940? Could the Allies still could have won?
  A: That is a good question , For germany the telling point was their defeat in Russia due to mis ...
pacific war7/28/2012
  Q: What would happen if Japan never attacked pearl harbor?
  A: Very interesting question, the Japanese would have gone ahead with their pacific expansion plan ...
world war 2 history7/28/2012
  Q: No, it's not homework. I was just curious, that's all.
  A: Fair enough, but to give you some food for thought, the ultimate idea of European domination for ...
volunteer vs draft in WW27/28/2012
  Q: I have read an article that says after Pearl Harbor everyone who entered the U.S. Army had to be ...
  A: what you have mentioned is correct, pre Pearl Harbor the US did not need volunteers due to peace ...
holocaust5/21/2012
  Q: Do you know anything about the holocaust? 6 million killed. 30,000 killed in 2 days at one ...
  A: I do have information about the Holocaust. Yes it is possible for 30,000/- people to be killed in ...
youth, ware heroics5/17/2012
  Q: For my class of 5-13yrs old, could you share with me any stories of children that served in any army ...
  A: there are no official records of children of that age taking part in combat, but of the few ...
WW2 interview4/13/2012
  Q: I am doing a class project and need and expert for information. Please respond and any help would be ...
  A: you answers are. the main forces of infantry were Germany and the Soviets with some regiments ...
General Erwin Rommel3/31/2012
  Q: As many often do, I have begun to start looking back into my family. I have been told by my Opa ...
  A: First off let me say that if you are related to Gen Rommel then consider your self very lucky for he ...
army truck3/29/2012
  Q: My Dad was a truck driver from 1939 till going overseas with a AAA unit and he drove a deuce and a ...
  A: the M-35 series was first introduced in 1949, so chances are that your father drove an earlier or ...
wwII1/24/2012
  Q: what was the role of the marines in the war in Europe at the time. also what was the effect of the ...
  A: The US marines were mostly used in engagements on the pacific , the European invasion mostly ...
Identify a pic1/20/2012
  Q: I found this old picture at my Grandparents farm years ago and would like to have help identifying ...
  A: i am trying to read the test on the back but i cant make out much of it, its seems like a European ...
pacific war ww212/29/2011
  Q: I am trying to still grasp the events of that time and theatre of war...it seemed too script written ...
  A: i have read your assessment on the events of the Pacific and i must say that i stand impressed with ...
flag of iwo jima6/18/2011
  Q: it is me again! Recently, i watched a old film called "flags of our father" which was directed by ...
  A: A classic of a film, although my personal all time fav war movies are Platoon and Saving private ...
Hitler6/18/2011
  Q: it is me again! May I know how did hitler remain in power until his death despite the fact that the ...
  A: It was not easy going for Hitler to remain in power, there were several attempts on his life, and ...
Franco6/17/2011
  Q: Wasn't Franco a fascist? Didn't he get along with the other fascists? I understand that he ...
  A: In September 1939, World War II broke out in Europe, and although Hitler met Franco once in ...
market garden6/16/2011
  Q: Why was Operation Market Garden a failure even though the allied had air superiority and the german ...
  A: You have answered your own question..:) all the facts mentioned are correct, i add that further to ...
Axis6/11/2011
  Q: Assuming Hitler and Mussolini were comfortable with the idea(and they loved and embraced USSR). ...
  A: A very good and valid question, but it would never have happened because Hitler loathed the Russians ...
Blitzkrieg6/7/2011
  Q: It is me again! Why is blitzkrieg so revolutionary and effective in Western Europe? Why did it fail ...
  A: As per my studies, the blitz was not a tactic that was used in a wider front of war, and it requires ...
Korean war6/4/2011
  Q: As a follow-up to our previous discussion, I am sorry to say that I don't completely agree with you ...
  A: very good research on your side. In my answer you will also see i mentioned that PLA forces would ...
Vietnam war6/2/2011
  Q: It is me again! During the first indo-china war, how did Ho defeat the french forces decisively in ...
  A: the first part of your question is a bit confusing, The french defeat in Dein Bein Phu was a hands ...
ww25/29/2011
  Q: What if Germany had enough time to develop atomic bomb(before usa), mass-produce jet engines(allies ...
  A: The germans did have enough time to develop the atomic weapon, but decided that the launching would ...
WW25/28/2011
  Q: I am Mr Washington. May I know why Italy could not defeat the Greek Army within a year despite its ...
  A: There was a huge difference between the two armies that you have mentioned. First let me brief you ...
WWII travels5/18/2011
  Q: My Father was in the 1850th service command unit out of Ft Chaffee Arkansas, he was attached to the ...
  A: unfortunately i an unable to answer this question. The size of mobilization was so wide spread that ...
Military Police units5/16/2011
  Q: My father served in the army during W.W.2 in the 1201st.Military Police Det."A". He was also ...
  A: This is a tough one. I have looked up the NINTH AIR FORCE assignments and have been unable to find ...
Rod's question from 2009 re 504th MP Combat Battalion, Co. A4/23/2011
  Q: I have recently renewed my own research on my father's WWII experience; he was with Co. A, 504th MP ...
  A: Due to restricted access, i or any other expert can only give you the history or combat details of ...
Vietnam war4/17/2011
  Q: During the Vietnam War, why didn't the Us troops invade North Vietnam(did it?) ? Wouldn't that ...
  A: To the knowledge of my readings, The US did not make a full scale invasion of N Vietnam but it was ...
Uniform Ribbons3/2/2011
  Q: What is the history on why we wear ribbons on our uniforms?
  A: Every country has its own history of when its armed forces wore ribbons, the US adopted this ...
Conscription in german Military2/10/2011
  Q: I have a friend who volunteered to join the german military when he was 16 years old and left after ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply, it seems that i did not receive a notification about your question. IF you ...
489th AAA, WW21/17/2011
  Q: my dad was ssgt.joseph m. petrulli of mckeesport, pa; served as an anti-aircraft gunner on a ...
  A: i have managed to find a link that gives some details of the unit you have asked for. ...
Vietnam War11/29/2010
  Q: I need an expert over the Vietnam War for my Comp 1 project. If you coul e-mail me so I could e-mail ...
  A: I would be glad to help, you can email me the questions that you have, my advise would be to mail ...
vietnam war 10 pg paper7/24/2010
  Q: Ive read through a lot of your questions and answers, and a lot has been helpful, you seem to be the ...
  A: i will be glad to be of any help, how ever some of your questions cannot be answered in les detail. ...
Dad's WW2 service 788 th Military police battalion2/16/2010
  Q: My dad served in the 788 th Military Police Battalion. I can not find out information about his ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply, but as yet i have not been able to find out any information about this ...
WW2 Army Training, deployment, missing in action2/11/2010
  Q: 1. 1942 men in Texas enlisting in the Army that ended up in General Patton's 3rd Army -- where were ...
  A: Since Gen Patton was also in command of armoured divisions, they trained in different parts of the ...
Tank History Questions2/1/2010
  Q: How has the tank changed warfare? How has the tank changed over the years? Why do you think the ...
  A: the tank has changed warfare to a whole new dynamic, they are now the new cavalry of the army. ...
2nd Infantry Division during WW21/28/2010
  Q: When the 2nd Infantry Division landed on Omaha Beach on D+1 (June 7) were they under fire? Was it ...
  A: Omaha Beach was cleared on the first day of fighting, the first men to land on the beach were the ...
changes in millitary tactics1/27/2010
  Q: My questions is: What were the main tactics used in battles before ww1?? and what were the tactical ...
  A: Mostly the tactics that were used pre WW1 were of set piece battles. I would suggest that you study ...
Father's army experience1/21/2010
  Q: My father was in world war II. He was in the Ardennes, Rhineland and Central Europe campaigns. He ...
  A: i will not be able to pin point exactly which unit your father was in with out some further ...
WWII1/6/2010
  Q: What were some of the biggest and most important battles of WWII?
  A: All though the second warold war was fought across so many battlefields and countries, the below ...
APO 34312/15/2009
  Q: My father was in the 4th Ind Hq 8th Army APO 343 in 1945-46 and I am trying to locate any ...
  A: sorry for the late reply, but can you please find out if your father was in the engineering corps or ...
Travel during WW211/23/2009
  Q: I am doing some investigating into my Grandfathers service during WW2. i have letter from him dated ...
  A: i'm not really aware of the train routes that were in place at that time, but i would reckon if the ...
WWII Philippines - Leyte & Luzon10/27/2009
  Q: I'm trying to trace my father-in-law's involvement in WWII. He was enlisted on 21 Sept. 1944, then ...
  A: i have been trying to find out some info on the regiment but no luck as yet, the over seas marines ...
SOVIET GAFFE10/14/2009
  Q: At the end of November 1939 (first days of WW2) the Soviet Russians suffered a gaffe or unlucky ...
  A: If we are to focus on the winter war between the USSR and finland, the one mistake that comes to ...
artillery in the 1930s9/24/2009
  Q: I'm trying to find out which artillery regiments or battalions were stationed at Ft. Sam Houston, ...
  A: i have tried to find out the regiments that were being stationed in the base that you have ...
op purple warrior and paratroopers9/14/2009
  Q: I am searching for information on the British army exercise purple warrior which took place in ...
  A: as far as i know, operation Purple Warrior was undertaken in november of 1987, as a test of the ...
Rome-Arno, Rhineland9/9/2009
  Q: My father served in WWII from Feb 1943 until his honorable discharge Dec 15 1945. I have his serial ...
  A: Sorry for the very late reply , my pc had crashed, from what you have told me, it seems that your ...
Empire8/29/2009
  Q: If you were to ranks the French Empire (Napoleon Bonaparte, etc). where do they ranks in the top 10.
  A: First of all , sorry for the late reply as my pc was not working.It would not be easy to rank the ...
Grandfathers time in WWII8/12/2009
  Q: I became very interested in my grandfathers time during WWII and have done much research on my own. ...
  A: My facination with WW2 started when i was 12 yrs old, and after learning of the way the war was ...
Alex the Great in Italy7/24/2009
  Q: A DNA analysis revealed that though I'm of Italian ancestry, my genes can be traced to the Middle ...
  A: it is very possible that the middle eastern and sub continental races made it to europe in ...
Military Police- World War Two7/9/2009
  Q: Mr. Saleem , My Dad served in the 504th Military Police Batallion, Company A during World War Two . ...
  A: following is the information i have obtained. The 504th Military Police Battalion is a combat ...
Mobilization in WWII7/8/2009
  Q: I'd like to know about the numbers of mobilized men for the different armies of axis and allies in ...
  A: This question will be vary hard to answer because of the vast numbers and countries involved, the ...
vietnam7/3/2009
  Q: What were the strategies used by the U.S. during Vietnam and how do they relate to The Art of War if ...
  A: I cannot give an answer to this question in concise terms since the Vietnam war was a conflict that ...
Roman Military Dress6/9/2009
  Q: Can you please tell me what the name and significance is, of the sash that some senior soldiers wore ...
  A: As the roman army has a history that spans over several centuries, the uniforms were also not ...
WWII MP Information5/29/2009
  Q: Trying to find out any information on my father that passed away in 1983. In 1943 he was stationed ...
  A: It is quite difficult to trace the exact units of veterans especially from WW2 because of the large ...
Vietnam War5/9/2009
  Q: im an 8th grader from Washington and i would like to ask you a some questions about the Vietnam war. ...
  A: The Vietnam war was at first an internal conflict between North & south Vietnam, the north being a ...
hitler3/13/2009
  Q: How did Hitler gain so many followers /and how did he get them to do what the did during the ...
  A: This is not a question that can be answered so briefly and has been dabated and will be for the rest ...
empire2/23/2009
  Q: 1. The top ten empires are: Ming, Tang, British, Spanish, Russian, Soviet Bloc, Ottomon, Persian, ...
  A: I dont think its possible to rank empires by their power or strength since they were established at ...
Air Force2/18/2009
  Q: I’m studying the Air Force and I have a few questions. How does the Air Force interfere in Iraq? ...
  A: The air force is a very vast and complex arm of the Armed forces. I would not call them interferring ...
empire2/18/2009
  Q: 1. Here is my lists of world major empires: Roman, Han, Tang, Song, Ming, Venetian, Ottomon, Huns, ...
  A: of the past , you have most of the empires right. in the current list non of those countries count ...
WW2 general questions2/8/2009
  Q: How accurate was the Vickers .303 Machine Gun? For D-day, How many parachute regiments were there? ...
  A: 1- The .303 was a British invention during WW1 and at best had some minor modifications during its ...
French army in vietnam12/21/2008
  Q: I am looking for information on the units of the French and local forces during the first Indo China ...
  A: i will not be able to give you the exact information on all the French units but i can give you the ...
Browning Automatic Rifle12/18/2008
  Q: I'm doing a history project on the Browning Automatic rifle and I need to know about how it compared ...
  A: Although my knowledge is very limited towards the firearms side, but i can tell you the BAR was one ...
vietnam war and world war 2 war.11/20/2008
  Q: in the Vietnam war and World War Two, who were some people of note during this time of war, and what ...
  A: here are the names of some of the important people in both the conflicts. World war 2 ...
Replacement Battalions of WWII10/31/2008
  Q: I interviewed a WWII Vet for the Library of Congress Oral History Project and he was sent as a ...
  A: as far as replacment corps are concerned, it is with my information that in most cases these ...
The war on land Schieffen Plan10/26/2008
  Q: Can you name some things that can symbolize this topic? How is the war on land/schlieffen plan ...
  A: The schlieffen plan when it was concepted detailed that Germany if it ever embarked on a European ...
Clydebank Blitz9/29/2008
  Q: My 11 year old grandson asked me this question...How did the German bombers manage to get as far as ...
  A: The raid of Clydebank was taken on during the start of hostilities between England and Germany, the ...
French Female Fighter7/12/2008
  Q: Name of woman (Geraldine or Genevieve?), think she was French, fought in 1950s/1960s. Memory of ...
  A: i have not been able to source out any information about your enquiry, i have searched for the time ...
Vietnam War5/18/2008
  Q: "Dear Rizwan Saleem, My name is Sean Taing and I'm an 8th grader who attends Alderwood Middle ...
  A: All countries have gone to war seeking profit of some sort or other, the u.s belived that they could ...
vietnam war project5/12/2008
  Q: i am doing a research project on the vietnam war. my question to you is, do you know how the vietnma ...
  A: Like all wars the Vietnam war was also a costly affair for the U S,the United States spent $120 ...
indo pak war 19715/8/2008
  Q: What was the tactics followed by Pakistan and India during the air war in 1971
  A: As per some of the reports i have read, mostly the air forces of both the countries played a ground ...
Vietnam War5/6/2008
  Q: My name is Jordan Murray and I am a 8th grader from Alderwood Middle School in Lynnwood Washington. ...
  A: I'll be glad to help out with your research, i shall answer your questions with salient points that ...
Lessons Learned from Vietnam12/29/2007
  Q: I understand the Army has studied Vietnam in the Lessons Learned center at Leavenworth. I've heard ...
  A: As far as the military aspect of the tet offensive is concerned, then yes it was a victory for the ...
Surrender of Japan11/11/2007
  Q: What would you say were the main causes of the Japanese Surrender and how did they influence the ...
  A: In history, the events that led up to the surrender of Japan are still debated, but by popular ...
Vietnam War10/28/2007
  Q: I am doing an assignment on the Vietnam war, specifically on why the strategies and tactics used by ...
  A: Even though the answer to this question is very lenghty, but i'll give you the salient points,The ...
my lai soldiers uniforms9/20/2007
  Q: I have been trying to find out what uniform charlie co was wearing at My Lai 3/16/68? I have only ...
  A: As far as i know the company was wearing standard army issue uniforms, i didnt catch any thing ...
effectiveness of the strategies and tactics used in the vietnam war between 1960-19758/27/2007
  Q: ive got this essay due the day after tomorrow, so i know its a bit demanding of me to ask for an ...
  A: the Vietnam was was spread into a lot of diffrent phases through out its tenure, but reading your ...
Vietnam war era uniforms7/23/2007
  Q: I've found conflicting info on service stripes for the Army. During the Vietnam War, how many years ...
  A: in the armed forces, ranks and stripes are not given on basis of time served, but on merit and ...
Vietnam War6/6/2007
  Q: I'm doing a research project about the Vietnam war. One person I interviewed said he enlisted two ...
  A: The official age to enlist/ be draughted in the armed services during the vietnam war was 19, but ...
The Vietnam War5/30/2007
  Q: I am writing a speech on the Vietnam War... in my speech, we are meant to pick a side on if we ...
  A: this isnt an answer that can simply be put in a yes or no quotation, the vietnam war was a situation ...
Escalation of the vietnam war5/2/2007
  Q: I am writing a reflection paper on how the escalation of the Vietnam war was not inevitable. I was ...
  A: As far as the American state was concerned, it was always a plan for them to have a foot hole in ...
WWII Commanders4/16/2007
  Q: Do you know the battles/campaigns that Eisenhower, MacArther, Montgomery, Rommel, Bradley, Patton, ...
  A: it would be to lenghty to detail all the campaigns of these masters of war, all though i can off ...
Barrier Islands3/16/2007
  Q: What are the military reasons for the U.S. placing bases on “barrier islands” like the Phillipines, ...
  A: The reason for this is simple.In order to have complete military reach across the world , the u.s ...
Tet ofrfensive2/2/2007
  Q: I know little about the Vietnam war, but I've always heard that the U.S. was never close to winning ...
  A: The tet offensive ( named after the chinease lunar year) was a turning point in the war, the first ...
WW211/20/2006
  Q: In the Battle of Hurtgen Forest in WW2: What Troops were involved in the battle (and what are ...
  A: The Battle of hurtegen forest was te most important in the push towards Germany. although to be ...
8th of nov11/7/2006
  Q: what went down on te 8th of november, 1965 in vietnam! what american tragedy was that? Rich and ...
  A: on 8th november 1965 the 173rd airborne troops of the u.s army landed in vietnam and took part in ...
Battle of the Ia Drang10/18/2006
  Q: I was just wondering if you could help me out by giving me some websites with information about the ...
  A: I normally look for references through the same norms as any one else does, by searhing the topic, ...
Wars10/17/2006
  Q: hey i was wondering if you could help me, i would like to know what countries have been in a war and ...
  A: This list would be far to long to complete for me, as warfare spans centuries, i suggest that you go ...
German military disciplin10/12/2006
  Q: I have been discussing this with a friend and we need some help on these matters. Is it true that ...
  A: It is very true that even with out enforcing strict measures, the German armed forces were of the ...
combat ratios10/5/2006
  Q: I would like to know how many infantry soldiers are assigned to an army infantry brigade? I know a ...
  A: most of the time in these days, the word infantry is rare and because of the changing orders of ...
history10/1/2006
  Q: can you guys explain how propaganda that supports Hitler is against the Jewish race has affect the ...
  A: First off , there is no such propaganda that supports hitler per say, how ever hitler's name will ...
the vietnam war7/17/2006
  Q: During the vietnam war what were the threats of communism in Indonesia and Malaysia?
  A: no such activities were present in those regions that could be labelled as threats even though some ...
Viet Nam 1970-19807/10/2006
  Q: I had 2 brothers in Nam in the early 70's...one killed himself several yrs. ago. Any info. related ...
  A: Miss Strobel. Although i would love to be of help, but unfortunatly, by rules of the dept ...
vietnam US war tactics7/7/2006
  Q: my name is daniel, i am 15. i am doing a history project for my school and i need to know what were ...
  A: The vietnam war was spanned over a decade , so to detail all tactics used by the u.s would be ...
German policy in Poland7/3/2006
  Q: Saleem: Thank you for taking my question. After Germany defeated and occupied Poland in 1941, was ...
  A: The answer to weather any poles were allowed to travel within Poland or europe during occupation is ...
Joint troop service in WWII5/29/2006
  Q: Q1: Is there documentation verifying how and when the 45th ID was joined with the 2nd ID, ...
  A: As to your first question, i coudnt find any documents on the net or otherwise relation to that ...
indo-park wars4/26/2006
  Q: how many people died in the 1965 indo-pak war and the kargil operation?
  A: it is estimated that in 8 days of fighting during the 65 war, atleast 6000 casualties were suffered ...
second world war4/22/2006
  Q: how was the german tank ace michael wittman killed
  A: The german tank legend Wittman was killed during action on 8 august 1944 out side the forest lines ...
tactics2/22/2006
  Q: Saleem, Let me start by saying I know my question is a little (translate to "completely") ...
  A: i must say that your idea is quite imaginative, something out of the command and conquer games, but ...
italian resistance2/22/2006
  Q: September 26-29 1943 was there a four day resistance in Naples, Italy by local Italians against the ...
  A: there are some reports of resistance against the nazis by italians during their seige but most of ...
Finland12/29/2005
  Q: What was the role of Finland in WW2. I mean was she on the side of the allies or was she in the side ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply, but i am sending u a link wich will hopefully explain the full extent of ...
American Revolution8/12/2005
  Q: I'm helping do research for a book on the usefulness of disorganization and mess. In history ...
  A: We have to understand first that the colonial army was just a band of rag tag farmers who had taken ...
WWII6/10/2005
  Q: I am writing a WWII fiction and am in need of some geographical help. I need the name of an ...
  A: For this u would have to consult your atlas but i can help you with actual islands that were used in ...
Vietnam War5/9/2005
  Q: I'm doing a research paper for history on vietnam, and I can't seem to find anything on the subject ...
  A: the communications systems in vietnam were greatly improved after the 2nd w war and korean war, they ...
Military system5/5/2005
  Q: My question is not particularly your area of interest, but with your knowledge I am sure you can ...
  A: Since the begining of time, man has always been invloved in conflict, as societies and cities grew, ...
world war 24/28/2005
  Q: how does the world war 2 ended.
  A: WW2 ended when germany was taken over by the soviet forces and admiral karl donitz who was the ...
hello do you know a lot about D-day?4/11/2005
  Q: my name is Joshua. I have a History Project on D-day, and I need to know why Juno, Gold, Sword, ...
  A: the code names given for the beaches were decided mutually by the American, Canadian and British ...
"Kittyhawk"2/17/2005
  Q: What is the connotation behind the term "kittyhawk"? I know that it is the name of an old aviation ...
  A: The name kitty hawk is a tribute to the old flying town in which the wright brothers successfully ...
have an old picture2/16/2005
  Q: I have an old picture of a group of soldiers. I am assuming WW1 because of their leg wrappings. Out ...
  A: You are indeed right, the picture is from ww1 and Blois is a small town in France, which suggests ...
LAST FRAM-1 IN VIETNAM.12/20/2004
  Q: My father was in Vietnam in the Navy. For some reason he wont tell me which ships he was on, but he ...
  A: am sending you a link which will give you complete information on the gearing-fram class ...
allied strategic and tactical bombing operations12/12/2004
  Q: I wish to understand the essential Allied bombing strategy as it reflects the evolving political and ...
  A: The basis of allied bombing through out ww2 was to cripple the enemy defence and civil populace. ...
Tactical Part Of Leadership11/30/2004
  Q: My Thesis is that Julius Caesar is a beter Leader then Napoleon Bonaparte. I was hoping you could ...
  A: Both Caesar and napoleon had lived similiar lives to an extent, both were denied power by their ...
detterence10/25/2004
  Q: I have one more question. Can u tell me what r the key varibales in thinking about deterrence ...
  A: the outcome to war is never instant, the lead up to war always festers over a period of years with ...
war10/21/2004
  Q: I am doing a research on war and would like to have your opinions regarding the following question ...
  A: War, has for long been an extention of political gain for several reasons, the use of force has ...
Vietnam10/4/2004
  Q: I am doing a documentary on Vietnam and the effects it had on its soldiers and am interested in any ...
  A: The Vietnam war lasted nearly a decade and its consequences were wide ranging, many servicmen were ...
Urban military tactics10/4/2004
  Q: My Name is Ryan and i am creating a documentary on urban warfare tactics for my history of War ...
  A: urban warfare has been probably the most deadly sort of fighting in history of modern war, the best ...
Flame Throwers9/22/2004
  Q: Is there any army, the US in particular, that still uses Flame Throwers in battle?
  A: suffice to say that flame throwers or also napalm tanks are now outdated and no longer used by a ...
U.S. Air Force - Viet Nam era9/19/2004
  Q: I am interested in the history of the U.S. Air Force 20th Special Operations Squardon after 1969. I ...
  A: if i'm correct the squadron that you are refering to ( 20th special o.s) was also known as the pony ...
WW29/16/2004
  Q: Were mercenaries used by any of the countries involved in WW2? If so, by whom and what were they ...
  A: it has never been officially stated that any country involved in ww2 used mercenaries since the ...
vietnam war suicides8/10/2004
  Q: I have been told that the amount of deaths due to suicides of U.S. troops after the VIETNAM WAR is ...
  A: the mere notion that atleast 55,000 Vietnam verterans have commited suicide is absurd, the number is ...
Vietnam War7/7/2004
  Q: What has been the significance of the vietnam war for australia (long & short term)? -thank you
  A: there realy was no gains that Australia would have had from the Vietnam war, their first premise to ...
timeliness6/19/2004
  Q: I have to do a essay citing two exapmles of when timeliness played a key role in military hisory. ...
  A: As quoted by a famous swedish scientist "time, not any man is my enemy", the importance of timing is ...
tashkand agreement 19665/18/2004
  Q: 1) Why was Tashkand agreement criticised by various Pakistani politicians? 2) What was finalised ...
  A: For some reason, its the popular belief that Pakistan had won the 1965 war which is far from the ...
Vietnam and US under LBJ and Nixon5/8/2004
  Q: Could you please provide me with some information concerning the policies of the Johnson and Nixon ...
  A: sorry for the late reply, in retrospect, we'll have to start from Jfk about vietnam since it was ...
Stars and Stripes4/17/2004
  Q: Mr. Saleem, I was wondering if you had any information on the Stars and Stripes military newspaper ...
  A: The stars & stripes was more of an internal news letter that was distributed amongts the armed ...
World War One (this is not a homework question)3/9/2004
  Q: Was European Imperialism given a new lease of life in the aftermath of World War One?
  A: the aftermath of imperialism can only be refered to the British and the French, since they ...
The Second World War (This is not a homework question)2/28/2004
  Q: Iwould like to find out (1) How did the Second World War promote the cause of ...
  A: 1) the Second world war was the catalyst that started the break from colonial agression, mainly of ...
Vietnam War2/24/2004
  Q: What was the outcome of the war? Why did the united states get involved in the war?
  A: The eventual outcome of the war was the sucess of North Vietnam's communist forces taking over the ...
vietnam2/21/2004
  Q: What is the nearest body of water? What is the water like? What was the outcome of of the war? ...
  A: The nearest water body to Vietnam is the South China sea, the water is very tempreat & usually warm ...
vietnam war2/20/2004
  Q: Which US presidents made decisions taht affected the war? How were the fench involved? when was ...
  A: The American presidents that were involved in decision making during the Vietnam was were John F ...
Vietnam Declaration of Independence2/19/2004
  Q: Rizwan, What role did the Vietnam Declaration of independence play in its countrys history? Do ...
  A: In many ways it can be argued that what would have been the fate of Vietnam had it not declared ...

All Questions in This Category

Military History

Rizwan Saleem

Top Expert on this page